High school food fight turns into violent 'race riot' (Somalis vs African Americans)

Options

Comments

• Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    That ? sounds like regular going ons for the school. They didn't cancel class or nothing lol

Reminds me of my time at Eastside high, there would always be fights/riots between the Latinos and Blacks.

Then the next day, everything be back to normal.
    Yeah that's what I'm saying. This is any school in any part of the world. Kids will always find reasons to fight. If it isn't race vs. race it's neighbourhood vs. neighbourhood etc.

• Muhannad
    Options
    I respect anybody's opnion but how did my post get no-signed, especially from people that should know better? I run with Somali's and got alot of Somali brothers. Alot of Somali's go to the mosque I frequent. As a muslim racial (self)identification/ classification is totally irrelevant anyway. We're all servants of Allah anyway. I consider these Somali's my brothers and sisters TBH...
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Somali's generally don't consider themselves black for the most part. Maybe the younger generation growing up in the west around black people do because they wanna identify with the rappers cuz that's the cool thing to do. That's just a fase though and when they grow up, settle down and get married they go back to their own culture. Older generation Somali's and ones fresh off the boat don't consider themselves black unless they from a 'Bantu' clan. Their ancestors were brought from Tanzania so they're not indigenous to Somalia anyway.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somalis are black!

Fase...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint most Somalis like a mixture of ? ?
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Im all for unity, but fact remains that our ancestors were betrayed. So if them son'? want it, they can get it. We aint forgot. Checking Caucasian in racial box and ? . ? 'em.

That "they sold us into slavery" ? is getting way too trumped up. But even taking that premise at face value Somalis didn't have ? to do with it. That was a whole different region altogether.

Agree with the bolded, which is obviously true. I mean, how can you not know that?
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some Somalis don't think they're black, but most do from what I have seen.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    @BlackGerald No need for a rebuttal. Sometimes you have to agree to disagree. Maybe the vast majority of these Somali's I came across hailed from certain clans that ain't black. Perhaps I was generalizing since they're not a homogenous society anyway. I'm not too big to admit when I'm wrong though. I was only parroting what I heard from them first hand though.

It's a non-issue to me anyway. Like I said Somali's, Arabs, Asians etc. are all like brothers and sisters to me (as long as their muslim). Race and skincolor ain't as important to me as some on here.

• Pyrexcup
    Pyrexcup Members Posts: 358
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    @BlackGerald No need for a rebuttal. Sometimes you have to agree to disagree. Maybe the vast majority of these Somali's I came across hailed from certain clans that ain't black. Perhaps I was generalizing since they're not a homogenous society anyway. I'm not too big to admit when I'm wrong though. I was only parroting what I heard from them first hand though.

It's a non-issue to me anyway. Like I said Somali's, Arabs, Asians etc. are all like brothers and sisters to me (as long as their muslim). Race and skincolor ain't as important to me as some on here.

alhamdulillah akhi
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somehow we went from talking about somali women to Haitians to muslim brotherhood(smh) Can we get back to what's important? Any famous somali models or actresses, pics please. Thanks.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    OK my bad. Just had to spit the truth when I saw lies being posted. Ain't David Bowie's wife Somali. She's kinda old but still pretty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VlTRRhIjMw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_J7L_eODfw
  • Muhannad
    Options
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    I expect GOAT's for this (especially from @Thirdsupreme)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0d7jCNI6Tg
    Salutes. Thank you my friend....Thank you.

• Muhannad
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Another cute girl. Got that 'girl next door' vibe. Seems like she got a good head on her shoulders too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apVcasXkHT8
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somali's generally don't consider themselves black for the most part. Maybe the younger generation growing up in the west around black people do because they wanna identify with the rappers cuz that's the cool thing to do. That's just a fase though and when they grow up, settle down and get married they go back to their own culture. Older generation Somali's and ones fresh off the boat don't consider themselves black unless they from a 'Bantu' clan. Their ancestors were brought from Tanzania so they're not indigenous to Somalia anyway.

that the whole problem, puting your religion above your race in america is very stupid. This is not a muslim country here you have to choose a race or be your own since somalian don't want to be black ? them they deserve no love from blacks.
  • zombie
    Options

The arab does consider the black man to be a brother no matter what is written in the quran.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    Another cute girl. Got that 'girl next door' vibe. Seems like she got a good head on her shoulders too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apVcasXkHT8

She is not playing.... I need one of those.

• Muhannad
    edited February 2013
    Options
    @zombie OK so you know every Arab? Arab is a cultural identity anyway and not a race, similar to 'latino'. I know Arabs with blue eyes and blond hair and I know Arabs with dark skin and nappy hair.
    Nationalism is a social disease that sadly will never go away. This was predicted by The Prophet and he was right like he always was. I won't deny that there are racists with a muslim identity, but we could say the same from any religion. The German ? 's and ? members were christian too.

You're speaking from a non-muslim perspective while I'm speaking from a muslim perspective, so we're not gonna agree. While I'm reading my own posts I realize I'm coming off kinda preachy so this'll be my last post in here where I make religious references.
  • zombie
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

The arab does not consider the black man to be a brother no matter what gis written in the quran.

• zombie
    Options
    @zombie OK so you know every Arab? Arab is a cultural identity anyway and not a race, similar to 'latino'. I know Arabs with blue eyes and blond hair and I know Arabs with dark skin and nappy hair.
    Nationalism is a social disease that sadly will never go away. This was predicted by The Prophet and he was right like he always was. I won't deny that there are racists with a muslim identity, but we could say the same from any religion. The German ? 's and ? members were christian too.

You're speaking from a non-muslim perspective while I'm speaking from a muslim perspective, so we're not gonna agree. While I'm reading my own posts I realize I'm coming off kinda preachy so this'll be my last post in here where I make religious references.

I worked for and went to school with arabs real ones from arabia they do not consider black muslims as equals. The arabs are some of the worst people on earth forget what the religion says in reality they don't follow it. Black people are better muslims than the arabs. Run from the thread if you want too but the truth must be told.

From the bottom of my soul ? the arabs and all those foolish enough to place his religion above their own ? given racial family.
  • Pyrexcup
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

I worked for and went to school with arabs real ones from arabia they do not consider black muslims as equals. The arabs are some of the worst people on earth forget what the religion says in reality they don't follow it. Black people are better muslims than the arabs. Run from the thread if you want too but the truth must be told.

From the bottom of my soul ? the arabs and all those foolish enough to place his religion above their own ? given racial family.

the man speaks the truth if we are honest. go to any arab family and your black musim and tell them you want to marry their daughter and see what happens.
  • Pyrexcup
    Options
    even arabs diss somalis on the regular. most people see black people as subhumans FACT hell the arabs where the first to use african slaves. those arabs in north africa deny their african heritage even
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    Pyrexcup wrote: »
    even arabs diss somalis on the regular. most people see black people as subhumans FACT hell the arabs where the first to use african slaves. those arabs in north africa deny their african heritage even
    Man... who cares what most people think. You can only judge people on a case by case basis. I have been wronged in my life by my own people more than anyone.... I don't have time to care what an ignorant ? thinks about me.