Is Rick Ross the New Biggie?

Options

Comments

• StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    Because u can not deny his BEATS. Nobody can deny that beats are a major part of music period but nobody is checkin for what he says.... because he says nada... If Neyo wasn't on that song and the beat was a Havoc beat.... then u tell me what will happen?

Look ma i'm done trying to get u to open ur ears and listen. Ross can spit.....i'm sorry u feel he can't. It's apparent that no matter wat this ? says in his rhymes most of u will ignore it and call it trash. Super High is pure heat from lyrics, production, and hook. Y'all gonna look real stupid when Ross drop a classic this summer......2 summers in a row
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is wat u call blind hate. I can understand if u don't like Ross but to say the man has no talent makes u sound like an uninformed consumer, basically a follower. So ur telling me ur not feelin Super High......really???
    Sweetie that is apples and oranges there is this unrealistic Reverance given to Biggie and Pac in various ways and kats act like it is Blasphemy to not like Biggie or to compare him to someone else. In reality Biggie was a 1dimensional rapper and did not change the game he did Not Put NYC on the Map he did not have an original style nor did he do anything groundbreaking. What he had was the backing of Clive Davis Through Puffy so he had that corporate white hand paying for his spins and videos to get the repetition needed for Kats to believe he was the new sliced bread...

This is about the same way I feel...

http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?679-Biggie-was-a-mediocre-rapper&p=510385#post510385

for a better Biggie conversation...
    That line is dope but was that explanation really needed lol. That line was not that deep, but it doesn't have to be the ? was hot. Big was never on a Lupe level with his rhymes, he just said fly ? over hot production.....remind u of anybody?
    jrod44 wrote: »
    Plus people forget that BIG had the Machine with him too. Puff was responsible for alot ? that got hot back then, in R n B and Hip Hop. Who do you think put BIg in those Coogie Sweaters and Versace glasses? People say Puff cosigning Ross is to stay relevant or make money, well what do you think he was doing for BIG? He cultivated a talent.

As far as lyrics and storytelling, its a matter of opinion, you like Big so you like that story, you dont like Ross so you dont wanna hear the story.

Umm ? Censorship and ? Biggie Yall need to hop off the Dead ? and recognise he is way over credited...
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ross is ross he will neva b biggie......but wit that said ross has mo pull n NY then CUUURRY cuz ROSS is fuukin wit NYz ELITE(j , nas & puffy)..BO$$
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    [/QUOTE]

The Notorious B.I.G. - Warning (The One and Only Original)

[/QUOTE]

Rick Ross - The Boss (Unoriginal and a Carbon Copy)
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    my homie said he saw ross n dallas at the mall during all-star weekend right, they kinda look alike, so he steps to ross like "dog since you been out i been gettin hella ? , ? always say we look alike", then he said ross responded like a walking infomercial "Boss!, Maybach music, triple C's" lol real ? . the ? just walked off like wtf?
  • pothead420
    pothead420 Members Posts: 2,072 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    my homie said he saw ross n dallas at the mall during all-star weekend right, they kinda look alike, so he steps to ross like "dog since you been out i been gettin hella ? , ? always say we look alike", then he said ross responded like a walking infomercial "Boss!, Maybach music, triple C's" lol real ? . the ? just walked off like wtf?

smh dat cop dont know how to act lol

http://www.sohh.com/2010/04/rick_ross_talks_being_victimized_in_300k.html
  • hot7777
    hot7777 Members Posts: 201
    edited April 2010
    Options

Kind of like the intro and end of this?? (skip to 4:00 minutes lol)
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol that ? straight disregarded everything and plugged himself like he was gettin an award lol
  • pothead420
    pothead420 Members Posts: 2,072 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol that ? straight disregarded everything and plugged himself like he was gettin an award lol

lmao yep ? gassin himself up
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ya nigggas Still with this Ross ? ???
  • dankusmellymuch
    dankusmellymuch Members Posts: 95
    edited April 2010
    Options
    a phoney fat ? that sounds hella corny.....if that's what u thought about BIG then you're right
  • Mr.Wezzinton
    Mr.Wezzinton Members Posts: 182
    edited April 2010
    Options
    biggie-smalls.jpg
    Rick Ross WILL NEVER BE THIS!
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No..Hell No..Ross does make quality music but Big>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ross in every thing in life
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I likw Ross and B.I.G. but I just don't see it, IMO Ross is ONE of the nicest out, but B.I.G. WAS the nicest out during his time. B.I.G trendsetted the things alot of rappers these days talk about, hell B.I.G was one of the first on the Bathing Ape clothing line, just think of all the other things he could've start were he alive today
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I can't stand Rick Ross...He's GARBAGE! and I hate this ? thread and OP doesn't know what the ? he's talking about and whoever voted Rick Ross deserves to be shot.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Smh @ what this thread has become
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Smh @ what this thread has become

there is this unrealistic Reverance given to Biggie and kats act like it is Blasphemy to not like Biggie or to compare him to someone else wit similar style like ross or jigga. In reality Biggie was a 1dimensional rapper and did not change the game he did Not Put NYC on the Map NYC was strong before and after his coming and going, he did not have an original style Mafioso Rap had Raekwon Kool G etc, nor did he do anything groundbreaking other then incorporate a bunch of ? lines under the radar. What he had was the backing of Clive Davis Through Puffy so he had that corporate white hand paying for his spins and videos to get the repetition needed for Kats to believe he was the new sliced bread and hads a propaganda machine to this day helping him exploit the hiphop culture and turn it against itself...
  • Ike_Turner
    Ike_Turner Confirm Email Posts: 173
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Rick Ross >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Biggie
    FACT
    dont quote me unless you cosigning
  • 7thwardslim
    7thwardslim Members Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Man this is the IC.......and B.I.G. and Jay-Z and Em is like ? on these boards......
    so even if u think Ross is somewhat close to BIG lyrically.....even though BIG havent had any new music in almost 13 years.....
    it just (ludacris) it dont matter how good a person is, how nasty the flow is, and how lyrically superior they are over BIG....
    No one on the IC will admit........ its a cult of stans.......i respect yall...... yall almost had me thinking BIG was the GOAT.....but not!!!!
    Pac is the GOAT and will always be the GOAT.......Lil Wayne is closing in on the ? ....after his bid we will see....
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2010
    Options
    adding some well aged spice to the current debates let this thread live again...
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hot7777 wrote: »
    Both were managed by diddy
    Both had very similar delivery
    Both had very similar weight
    Both had classic albums (Biggie - Ready to Die, Ross - Deeper Than Rap)
    etc

Discuss.

YES Rick Ross patterned himself after Notorious B.I.G. (Mafioso Rap and the other things u mentioned). but no, he could never be great. he's good, but not Great. Biggie was and forever will be Hip Hop Brooklyn Royalty with the best delivery and most explosive impact in a short period of time EVER. Biggie was an Atom bomb that exploded on the Rap scene just like Rakim and to a lessor extent, Nas.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Biggie is TOP5 Dead OR alive man. You can't compare them.. U crazy? Wtf is dumb ? ..
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    those are some big shoes to fill
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ike_Turner wrote: »
    Rick Ross >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Biggie
    FACT
    dont quote me unless you cosigning

Im quoting you, because that statement is false.

what you gon do about it?