Slaughterhouse Almost On Shady Records

Options
deathrowzorrow
deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Reason
Slaughterhouse member Joe Budden recently said that the deal to sign Slaughterhouse to Eminem's Shady Records was almost done and they are in the middle of negociations. "Naturally we want to be there," Budden said about heading to Shady Records. "I think we'll fit in. There's negotiating but I really don't want to talk about it because everybody's been through so much when you promise things and they're presented to you and they don't go through for whatever reason. I think it's done enough for us to go ahead and say it's just about done...Ultimately, Joe Budden wants to be unsigned. I don't want to be signed to anyone. I don't want to have any contractual obligations anywhere. I want to have Slaughterhouse riding with Eminem and everybody over there

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, I hope SH has more say so than Em will. Em's content and state of mind is different than SH. I mean, Em is my fav emcee but he only puts out real dope hip hop tracks every now and then. (hopefully Recovery will change that)

Anyway, I just hope that SH stay straight like they did with their last album.
  • The Smooth One
    The Smooth One Members Posts: 725
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Can barely hear dude... falling asleep...
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Royce >> Eminem, Joe Budden, Crooked I , Joell Ortiz
  • hr paperstacks
    hr paperstacks Members Posts: 13
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Signing is nothing. Let me know when the label promotes/drops an album.
  • turqiun
    turqiun Members Posts: 1,491 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Royce >> Eminem, Joe Budden, Crooked I , Joell Ortiz

haha yea right! Em and Buddens would ? Royce. I like Royce too but come on now.
  • turqiun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Signing is nothing. Let me know when the label promotes/drops an album.

Yea cause we all know Shady records never puts out half their artists. Bobby Creek, Stat, Cashis never put out albums under shady.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I hope this gets done then they proceed to record the album and get the promotion they need.

Oh yeah I must be in the minority that doesn't understand the hype around Royce.
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    I hope this gets done then they proceed to record the album and get the promotion they need.

Oh yeah I must be in the minority that doesn't understand the hype around Royce.

Royce is one of the best in the rap game right now. He is also one of the realest. Puttin guns in videos and ? . People don't wanna beef with that ?
  • turqiun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Royce is one of the best in the rap game right now. He is also one of the realest. Puttin guns in videos and ? . People don't wanna beef with that ?

What does that have to do with he way he rhymes?..............nothing.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options

how many rappers put guns in their videos, thats nothing to brag about and in terms of skills he is dope but people on here seem to make him out to be the lyrical messiah when to me he isn't all that great.
  • The Smooth One
    edited April 2010
    Options
    turqiun wrote: »

You're right. But he's been a beast. His flows run circles around the rest of his crew. He's been coasting on it too much in my opinion. But I still think he's the best in SH. They all get their shine in for different reasons.
  • The Smooth One
    edited April 2010
    Options
    how many rappers put guns in their videos, thats nothing to brag about and in terms of skills he is dope but people on here seem to make him out to be the lyrical messiah when to me he isn't all that great.

Messiah? Nah. But Royce at his hungriest kills most anyone.
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited April 2010
    Options

well dont you remember the beef between wu tang and slaughterhouse? Royce ran up on them ? by himself. He ain't no ? . People out in Detroit know how real he is.
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited April 2010
    Options
    turqiun wrote: »

Royce is one of the best, his lyrics is dope. His flow is one of the best. He needs a label. If he sign to Shady I think more people will hear him
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i like royce, but lately his subjetc matter is ALWAYS: guns, your gf, his ?
    that gets old quick
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i like royce, but lately his subjetc matter is ALWAYS: guns, your gf, his ?
    that gets old quick

his ? WTF????????
  • The Smooth One
    edited April 2010
    Options
    his ? WTF????????

Yea he does that.

But he ? around a lot more on mixtapes. I think that's the perception people are getting. Dude has just been overly cocky, and not enough people were following him from before his head exploded imo lol.
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yea he does that.

But he ? around a lot more on mixtapes. I think that's the perception people are getting. Dude has just been overly cocky, and not enough people were following him from before his head exploded imo lol.

This ? makes Royce the best. HANDS DOWN
  • The Smooth One
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He actually clowns on the perception which I can appreciate a bit.

I think someone commented on it before, but if a lot of the songs that leaked from Street Hop and didn't make the cut woulda elevated that album to a 9/10. More tracks like Shake This that show his introspective side would have boosted it further.

And even when his subject matter isn't the most diverse, he attacks it with a certain flair and originality not seen. Cuz let's be honest, he's not a conscious rapper. I don't expect him to save the world, but line for line he is a slick ass dude.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Royce was hella dope back when the first bar exam came out tho
  • The Smooth One
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn I loved that Rass Kass song... I remember that ? . Both murdered that... I don't like even like repetitive end rhymes. But damn.

Actually I'mma show ya'll one of the illest Royce verses that no one ever brings up. All I'm going to say is "ACRONYMS"

Afu-Ra ft. Royce
  • The Smooth One
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't remember how I found this song years ago, and I was like wow. I don't think Royce has outdone that verse, from a technical aspect. I rewound that ? over and over again like "did he say that?" Plus he made Afu-Ra sound tolerable. Props for that.

PYB, "Pump yo breaks, while I pull yo ? "... lmao.
  • The Smooth One
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Royce was hella dope back when the first bar exam came out tho

He was dope before that... But yea BE 1 > BE 2. He needs Primo or someone to keep him from going astray.

"I visualize the action to actualize the vision" -- So simple, yet at the same time, not.
  • The Smooth One
    edited April 2010
    Options
    With that being said, I still think Ortiz has been the most consistent of late. His incline has been steady for a good minute.
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He was dope before that... But yea BE 1 > BE 2. He needs Primo or someone to keep him from going astray.

"I visualize the action to actualize the vision" -- So simple, yet at the same time, not.

ye he needs dj premier. same as DMX needs Swizz beatz