Best Rhyme Scheme Ever

Options

Comments

• The Smooth One
    The Smooth One Members Posts: 725
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if he strung words/rhymes together just because, he'd come off sounding ADD or like Lil Wayne.

case in point with that Microphone freestyle, he was staying within the "Relapse" serial-killer concept. the only time he REALLY let me down is when he did "touchdown" on Ti's album.

as for the other dude that says he cheats, the only way he "cheats" is by using the word "? ". gimme an example of where hes using the same word and syllables...

LOL... nah he ain't gotta come off sounding like Wayne to be at less than 100%... He definitely coasted on parts of Relapse. If you compare said content within verses on Relapse to most of the work on MMLP and TES, he's lookin a lil empty here and there. And yea I took into account the serial-killer theme on Relapse/ that Microphone verse. Verses just aren't as witty, you can tell (or I can tell) he's using the patterns as a crutch here and there. Which is fine, cuz he's still Em and still better than most of these rappers. But it doesn't take away from the facts.

If you want me to give examples, I'd have to listen to Relapse again *shrug*. I'll probably end up giving song examples first...
  • The Smooth One
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He used to use a lot more backwards rhyming (example Still Don't Give A ? "Zonin off of one joint/ Stoppin a limo, hopped in the window, shoppin a demo/ at gun point). And you could tell he sat there thinking of what to say next. Not saying he'll should go back to that, cuz I know he's advanced beyond it, but I guess I scrutinize because while our topics differ, we write similarly, and I know how to coast and make people think I'm trying just cuz the words relate to the topic at hand. I have always had a very discerning ear.
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    big pun easy....dead in the middle of italy riddle
  • great l
    great l Members Posts: 393
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LMAO....is the TS for real? Tupac had the most elemntary rhyme scheme of all popular rappers. I was reading my son some nursery rhymes the other night and it reminded of Tupac.

Back to reality now....

G-Rap, Eminem, Mos Def, Gza, Monch, Tech 9, Jay Z, Ortiz.
  • makaveli20
    makaveli20 Members Posts: 23
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you don't what a rhyme scheme is because if u did u know every line don't have to rhyme if it did would be simple if line at the end was cat cat cat cat but never used simple rhyme schemes like an abab rhyme scheme his rhyme schemes were all complex.
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Eminem.
    Kool G Rap and the younger Nas were good at rhyme schemes as well.
    Crooked I is a rhyming machine, alone with Big Pun. R.I.P.
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i don't think the thread starter knows what rhyme scheme.

But u obviously have to give G-rap his props as he really owns this.

Then you gotta mention the true ill lyricists- Big Pun, Big L, Crooked I, AZ, RoycePharoah, Killah Priest, Canibus, Em, Deck, GZA, Chino, Rakim, KRS, even Papoose- who rhyme everything with ome content.

Then the poets- Nas, J-Coles, Ghost, Common, Talib, Dre3K, L-Hills, Pac- who make the content potent with rhyme
  • purecomp
    purecomp Members Posts: 535
    edited April 2010
    Options
    makaveli20 wrote: »
    you don't what a rhyme scheme is because if u did u know every line don't have to rhyme if it did would be simple if line at the end was cat cat cat cat but never used simple rhyme schemes like an abab rhyme scheme his rhyme schemes were all complex.

LOL What?

• great l
    great l Members Posts: 393
    edited April 2010
    Options
    makaveli20 wrote: »

WTF is this ? you just typed? Punctuate your ? man. No wonder you think Tupac had a great rhyme scheme.
  • The Smooth One
    edited April 2010
    Options
    no sense in being ultra-critical and dissecting every line and flow.

look no further than a track like "same song and dance" for the point im trying to prove. 3 verses, 16 bars a piece, 3 WHOLE stories, inside rhymes within inside rhymes upon end rhymes.

almost identical situation with 3 AM.

"Here I sit while I'm caught up in deep thought again
    Contemplating my next plot again
    Swallowing the klonopin, while I'm nodding in and out on the ottoman
    At the Ramada inn, holding on to the pill bottle then
    "

I never disagreed completely cuz like I said, he wouldn't have made my listen to begin with. I do like 3 AM more than Same Song... But honestly I think it's the flow that makes it work more than the rhyme scheme. Because he does say "again" and "and" along with other repeated words to allow the lines to continue. Not to mention the accent, that allows the non-rhyming to be digested a little easier. He kinda did away with it by the last verse, which was the best one in my opinion. And even then he left the rhyme scheme to needlessly drop Kardashian's name.

And I mean unless dude is really ? lowkey, is there a reason to call Louis Miguel a "latin hunk" other than to make ? rhyme? And that's off one of flows I liked most from him, Bagpipes From Baghdad. Just a bunch of little things strung out throught that go up immediately as red flags in my mind, because I process ? a little differently, admittedly.
  • The Smooth One
    edited April 2010
    Options
    gifted wrote: »
    i don't think the thread starter knows what rhyme scheme.

But u obviously have to give G-rap his props as he really owns this.

Then you gotta mention the true ill lyricists- Big Pun, Big L, Crooked I, AZ, Royce, Pharoah, Killah Priest, Canibus, Em, Deck, GZA, Chino, Rakim, KRS, even Papoose- who rhyme everything with ome content.

Damn us for leaving those 2 out.
  • DaPrinciplez
    DaPrinciplez Members Posts: 1,148
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Kane and G Rap Birthed it, Pun ran with it, Eminem MASTERED it.

Yezir.

I would say off the top of my head Eminems "Stay Wide Awake" off relapse is the best rhyme scheme I've noticed.
    Papoose, AZ,Crooked I, Brotha Lynch Hung all sick with it too....
  • The Smooth One
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? @ people (myself) leaving off Tech N9ne... when he rhymes complex, he rivals the white boy.
  • The Smooth One
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im a rapper too my dude, so i see what ur saying.

but again, what he says fits into context of what hes trying to say overall. its all strung together properly rather than random lines that happen to rhyme together.

this is why i say eminem has MASTERED it because hes able to manipulate the rhyme scheme to fit a bigger picture.

I feels. I just think on another day and time, he woulda tapered off the rhyme when it started going on too long and switch it up, rather than it getting dilluted.
  • The Smooth One
    edited April 2010
    Options
    His Renegade scheme was mastery btw.
  • DaPrinciplez
    edited April 2010
    Options
    but again, what he says fits into context of what hes trying to say overall. its all strung together properly rather than random lines that happen to rhyme together.

this is why i say eminem has MASTERED it because hes able to manipulate the rhyme scheme to fit a bigger picture.

Em's the closest too mastering it BUT he hasn't yet.

I mean, Relapse was sick lyricism right, thats a given BUT, when he can make a song with meaning, some powerful ? like Toy Soldiers or somethin WITH the level of lyricism he showed on Relapse, only then will he have mastered it....but if he manages to do that, he'll be the 1st and for the moment the best rapper alive.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options

I mean, Relapse was sick lyricism right, thats a given BUT, when he can make a song with meaning, some powerful ? like Toy Soldiers or somethin WITH the level of lyricism he showed on Relapse, only then will he have mastered it....but if he manages to do that, he'll be the 1st and for the moment the best rapper alive.

If I recall correctly he did that on Eminem Show.
  • wordsRweapons
    wordsRweapons Members Posts: 3,217 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

Listen to his New single, "Not Afraid". It drops this friday. I heard it. It is his best single since Lose Yourself.
  • DaPrinciplez
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    If I recall correctly he did that on Eminem Show.

Nah, that wasn't on the same level of lyricism as Relapse throughout it in my eyes. He had moments though such as "Till I Collapse" which explains why its my probably my favorite Em song, that ? is almost hip hop perfection.
    But i do see what your gettin at.
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Elzhi
    Mos
    Black thought
    lupe
    young chris
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Eminem definatley does it the best
    but i think Busta, tech N9ne and Nas need some recogntion as well
  • emceemurda
    emceemurda Members Posts: 258 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Pac didn't really have a rhyme scheme, he just said what he had in his mind...basically dumbed down his philosphy/poetry so it could reach those beyond rap. He had no scheme because that is manipulating words to convey a message..pac didn't want the words to give him power.. he gave the words power... he made you feel every word.. his power was just in his voice alone and his acting ability he made you believe what he was saying "when i speak i want to shiver, i want the truth to come out"..plus pac never borrowed his rhyme scheme from anyone he was 100% original.. he was simple as hell which made him 100X more relatable to the average person.

"i'm so confident in myself, that you can watch me when i get shot, when i go to jail, when i die"

"my move every a calculated step, to bring me closer to embrace an early death"

" i have no fear of death, only ambition"

alot of people can say they ain't scared but few walk that path... pac earned legend status for his actions
  • GameTime33463
    GameTime33463 Members Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    2Pac.............

G.O.A.T.
  • makaveli20
    makaveli20 Members Posts: 23
    edited May 2010
    Options
    im going with pac i came with facts about pac rhyme schemes till somebody disproves what im saying im going with pac.
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Kane
    Em
    G-Rap
    Pun
    Nas ('91 to '96)
    B.I.G.
    Jay-Z
    Redman