Remember when NBA was like this

Options
KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
shawn-kemp-dunk-o.gif

Nowadays that's a taunting foul and a fine. Maybe even a lawsuit for public humiliation.

NBA gone soft and the kids of today is ? .

Comments

• Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    They only call it because they dont want a brawl on their hands and things to get ugly in a hurry. Can't really blame them though
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the problem with todays' defense is folks just said ? contesting shots head up. Instead they have decided to do a Shane Battier
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that's what hurting the league.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blame it on the suits..
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has ever watched Evolution on NBATV, but the other day they were comparing Nique to Blake Griffin. When the analysis over someone else on the Network pointed out that Blake is much more like Kemp than Nique. I thought about it, and that ? is true. Blake is like the reincarnation of Nique complete with a perfectly complimentary PG.

And TC is right because Lebron got a Tech just for looking at Terry after he put his ass down.

Yo and we think he would have got a Tech nowadays for what he did to Lister, what would he have gotten for doing this to Rodman? lol

9682581-large.jpg[img][/img]
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo and we think he would have got a Tech nowadays for what he did to Lister, what would he have gotten for doing this to Rodman? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTPV2r2s1k8

That wasn't taunting

• IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That wasn't taunting

that would of been a tech in the league of now.

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Its not the fouls that are hurting the league. Even jordan got special push offs and fouls. The thing that is hurting the league is players don't stand up and contest dunks. Some of these ? as soon as they go up for the dunk the defender watches takes out his i phone and puts it on instagram. And defense in the nba is optional but if you wanna do ? in the playoffs you have to play shut down defense.

You can talk about back in my day this and that but the NBA is starting to pick up momentum now that you have stars in their primes or getting to their primes. Attendnace is up ratings are up. And even as college basketball gets lower and lower raitings even in march madness the NBA is gaining steam to be 2nd place to the all powerful football.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly miss the chippy rivalries. Now the hardest ? are just mean-muggthugs (I see u perk)

Even gutter nikkas like Cap Jack are just twitter beefing. Scust.

I ain't saying the league should have fights like hockey, but stop actin like its women's golf.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    .Im taking my talents.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    I honestly miss the chippy rivalries. Now the hardest ? are just mean-muggthugs (I see u perk)

I ain't saying the league should have fights like hockey, but stop actin like its women's golf.

Looking at lebrons recent mean mugs and new ray lewis like dance i think this will continue to change for the best where rivalry will get better. These players now have simular agents and somehow befriend each other as early as AAU (even if they play each other) which creates the lack of hatred.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options

Low key the Eastern confernece got that

Heat vs Celtics
    Heat vs Pacers
    Knicks vs Nets
    Knicks vs Bulls
    Knicks vs Celtics
    Bulls vs Pacers
    Bulls vs Celtics

It's not as physical, but the game have been tense, crowd reactions have been playoff like, and the players legitamely dislike each other like they did in the 80s and 90s, and its just regular season, just wait to the playoffs start

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Low key the Eastern confernece got that

Heat vs Celtics
    Heat vs Pacers
    Knicks vs Nets
    Knicks vs Bulls
    Knicks vs Celtics
    Bulls vs Pacers
    Bulls vs Pacers

It's not as physical, but the game have been tense, crowd reactions have been playoff like, and the players legitamely dislike each other like they did in the 80s and 90s, and its just regular season, just wait to the playoffs start

The bolded is what old players try to ? about allot. Yes handchecking is out the game by rule and players aren't as rowdy. But for some of these old ? if they went up against a durant or lebron or blake they would ? around and get smoked. Don't let the looks or talks fool you even a chris bosh could handle some of these old big men by taking them to the key. And even though guys like as elite as durant to rookie fowards look thinner they are still strong due to workout regiments.

Remember some of these guys nowadays with what they can bench even at a shooting guard spot would be big enough in the 80's to play linebacker. I think these older ? while they have more competitive spirit don't realize how athletic and fierce these athlets are even if they are cocky overpaid and don't always hustle as much.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

That wasn't taunting

You can't be serious dude. Kemp dunked, lifted himself up, propped on Rodman, and then held himself with one arm. There is no way that was unintentional, especially since he pulled that pretty regularly.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That wasn't taunting

Got damn
  • playmaker88
    Options
    ? was better @ the time.. than seeing it now..i remembered it as something else.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That wasn't taunting

You can't be serious dude. Kemp dunked, lifted himself up, propped on Rodman, and then held himself with one arm. There is no way that was unintentional, especially since he pulled that pretty regularly.

I disagree homeboy that was incidental contact not taunting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHrygsvvQ48

^ this is taunting or when jordan yacked on mutumbo and bacc pedaled waving his finger at him

• goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blame the brawl at the palace lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

That wasn't taunting

I disagree homeboy that was incidental contact not taunting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHrygsvvQ48

^ this is taunting or when jordan yacked on mutumbo and bacc pedaled waving his finger at him

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't see how you can call that ? incidental. There was no reason at all for Kemp to pull himself up like that. It's not like Rodman was under him and he was trying to avoid him. He literally put himself on top of Rodman. If purposely sitting your nuts on a ? 's head ain't taunting I don't know what is.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Looking at lebrons recent mean mugs and new ray lewis like dance i think this will continue to change for the best where rivalry will get better. These players now have simular agents and somehow befriend each other as early as AAU (even if they play each other) which creates the lack of hatred.

The bold is a slept-on good ass point. I know all these pro-athletes see themselves as being some elite "fraternity" but damn, that ? in the other uniform is literally trying to take food out of your kids mouth (and lord knows these ? got a gang of kids).

Winning brings more endorsements, better contract value, etc. And given the likelihood that many of these nikkas are living beyond their means and will go broke after they retire, they should take that ? personal.

I don't give a ? if you were "roomies" with this nikka at the Nike camp -- ? him. That's why nikkas can't tell me ? about my boy Westbrook (other than his fashion sense, lol.)

He'll get better on the technical and fundamental ? , but you can't teach fire and heart.

I love how he plays like the nikkas on the other team stole on his grandma. That's throwback. If the rest of OKC played like that we would be working on our 2nd ring, real talk.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They only call it because they dont want a brawl on their hands and things to get ugly in a hurry. Can't really blame them though

And that's why The NBA went soft, back in the days ? took that and was gonna get you back either by doing the same to you or hitting you with a hard foul.