The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broner just turnt up... Young hood ? wit money and ? and a lot of followers in his entourage. No need for you ? hating on him though, talking bout (I wish he lose", "cant wait til he lose", "he a clown", "he shouldn't be doing this or that", "Please knock him out"). Damn yall sound boxed in. Let loose and live a little you ? robots. Its a free country let that ? live his life not yall boring ass computer comment typing ones... If that ? want to eat stripper ass all week and wipe his ass with $100 dollar bills than that's his prerogative.
  • Art-illery
    Art-illery Members Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope Broner knows that destroying legal tender is a federal offense. He's snitching on himself. At least when Floyd burned that bill, they said it was fake (or some ? like that). He could've put that money in his kids' trust fund, but he's blowin it like a lil' dope boy ? . Smh... He think he's Floyd pt. 2, but he's gonna find out quick that ? don't like sequels from classics. They rarely work.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broner just turnt up... Young hood ? wit money and ? and a lot of followers in his entourage. No need for you ? hating on him though, talking bout (I wish he lose", "cant wait til he lose", "he a clown", "he shouldn't be doing this or that", "Please knock him out"). Damn yall sound boxed in. Let loose and live a little you ? robots. Its a free country let that ? live his life not yall boring ass computer comment typing ones... If that ? want to eat stripper ass all week and wipe his ass with $100 dollar bills than that's his prerogative.

Get the ? outta here with that "hating" ? . This dude is an idiot. And I ain't about to support a guy who blatantly ? rides another grown man instead of being his own man. Maybe that's what men do where you're from but not where i'm from
    Art-illery wrote: »
    I hope Broner knows that destroying legal tender is a federal offense. He's snitching on himself. At least when Floyd burned that bill, they said it was fake (or some ? like that). He could've put that money in his kids' trust fund, but he's blowin it like a lil' dope boy ? . Smh... He think he's Floyd pt. 2, but he's gonna find out quick that ? don't like sequels from classics. They rarely work.

Cosign!!!!
  • perspective@100
    edited March 2013
    Options
    LOL this ? is not going to jail for flushing money, You ? will make up anything to be negative, damn.
    The "hate" is at a all time high.

Ok, all ? aside, why the ? are yall so "mad" that he doing all this dumb ? . Honestly it has nothing to do with any of yall.

All these shady ass comments being side ways and subliminal thinking yall clever, lol... Saying he acting like Floyd and what not and sequels dont work, haha. What has this ? done that got yall so butt hurt. He ? yall ? or what? I'm for real, tell me what it is...

Oh wait never mind, yall still mad he fighting Paulie, lol
  • perspective@100
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Get the ? outta here with that "hating" ? . This dude is an idiot. And I ain't about to support a guy who blatantly ? rides another grown man instead of being his own man. Maybe that's what men do where you're from but not where i'm from

Cosign!!!!

Stop fronting ? you gonna watch his next fight...

• perspective@100
    Options

How dare you ? comment on his financial dealings when he will make more in his next fight then you will make this year... Trust funds, 401k's, yea yea, but this ? a boxer. His kids college is most likely paid for already. Thats what financial advisers do. Other than that, those lil ? can grow up and make their own money, they not rich cause he is.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why drop all that money to pick it right back up off camera...lol the baffoonary
  • Art-illery
    Art-illery Members Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL this ? is not going to jail for flushing money, You ? will make up anything to be negative, damn.

Ok, all ? aside, why the ? are yall so "mad" that he doing all this dumb ? . Honestly it has nothing to do with any of yall.

All these shady ass comments being side ways and subliminal thinking yall clever, lol... Saying he acting like Floyd and what not and sequels dont work, haha. What has this ? done that got yall so butt hurt. He ? yall ? or what? I'm for real, tell me what it is...

My ? ,

Ain't nobody "mad" at Broner for doing this ? ; but we can't co-sign on a ? that does stupid ? . PERIOD. Because you have every non-black person in the world looking at the "regular" brotha demanding answers for the ? stupid ? do! You got these crackas LAUGHING AT us because of ? like this. I don't know this ? personally, nor would I even care to. But how many Black fathers (of five children at 22 years of age) do you know of that would waste money like that knowing that they have to pay child support!? Financial advisers my ass, they advise him on spending his money, they don't force him to make smart investments. How many Black boxers throughout history have you've known that went broke? Jack Johnson, Mike Tyson, Tommy Hearns is having trouble with his taxes... Joe Lewis couldn't even afford to pay for his own damn funeral! Because of these horror stories, a lot of athletes turn to other sports besides boxing. Boxing for the most part is still seen as a high risk, low rewarding career. That's one reason why this sport is dying off.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ? yaself with this "hating" ? .. that ? is feminine
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olympic boxing drops head guards

LOS ANGELES -- Olympic boxers will fight without head guards in a pro-style scoring system starting this year after several significant rule changes by the sport's international governing body.

The International Boxing Association (AIBA) unveiled several rule amendments this week, but the two biggest changes will move the Olympic sport much closer to the professional version. The rejection of headgear and the introduction of 10-point scoring could make the sport once known as amateur boxing more appealing to young boxers seeking professional careers.

Male boxers at the world championships in October and the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in 2016 won't wear the protective head guards adopted before the 1984 Los Angeles Games. Although the move might seem counterintuitive in preventing brain injuries, the chairman of AIBA's medical commission, Charles Butler, cites numerous medical studies that suggest fighting without head guards will decrease concussions.

"There's no evidence protective gear shows a reduction in incidence of concussion," Butler said. "In 1982, when the American Medical Association moved to ban boxing, everybody panicked and put headgear on the boxers, but nobody ever looked to see what the headgear did."

AIBA's executive committee unanimously voted to add head guards to amateur competition in April 1984, and they stayed in place through eight straight Olympics.

But the headgear has long been criticized for diffusing the impact of a blow and allowing fighters to continue sustaining more head shots for a longer stretch of time. The gear also offers no protection to the chin, where many knockout blows land in boxing, while the bulky sides of the device impede fighters' peripheral vision, preventing them from seeing every head blow.

The head guard ban will only affect male boxers at the top levels of AIBA competition, meaning women's boxers and younger fighters will still wear the gear.

The amateur sport also is moving to a pro-style, 10-point scoring system, discarding the latest version of the much-criticized computer punch-count systems implemented after the Seoul Olympics in 1988. Each fight will be scored by five ringside judges with the traditional 10-9 or 10-8 rounds familiar to fans of professional boxing.

The sport moved to a punch-counting system after the infamously bizarre results in Seoul, including Roy Jones Jr.'s inexplicable loss. But the computer system has been highly subjective and arcane, often turning the sport into a sparring session that emphasizes punch volume over technique and ring generalship.

North American boxers have been particularly critical of the computerized scoring, with many top U.S. and Mexican prospects declining even to participate in amateur boxing.

The traditional scoring system also should indirectly improve fighters' safety, according to Butler. Since body shots and combinations notoriously scored few points in the computerized punch-count system, fighters have long placed a premium on a high volume of head shots, since an opponent's neck snapping back is the surest way to make sure a punch is seen and counted.

"Boxing isn't bean counting," Butler said. "The thing that makes (the computer system) dangerous is if you're a boxer, you know you're not going to get a point for a body shot, so what are you going to do except punch the head? There were no points given for combinations. You might get one point. If a kid was a counterpuncher, you'd lose."

AIBA has been moving its sport to a professional model for the past several years under the direction of president Wu Ching-Kuo, even opening two professional boxing ventures: the team-based World Series of Boxing and the individual APB Boxing, slated to debut this fall. AIBA even dropped the word "amateur" from its name and competitions to emphasize its desire to control boxing at every level.

"It is AIBA's duty to bring the sport of boxing to the pinnacle of the Olympic Movement, and I am convinced that these changes will critically contribute to the development of our beloved sport," Wu said. "Decisions have not been made lightly, and we will now put a lot of efforts in educating our national member federations, our officials, boxers and coaches, as well as boxing fans around the world."

Article Link - http://espn.go.com/olympics/story/_/id/9087686/olympic-boxing-drops-head-guards-changes-scoring-system

Hopefully, this new change tips towards the American teams better, since our fighters train to go pro. That 10 point system changes the game... If they did that back in the day, Roy Jones Jr. and Floyd Mayweather would have gold medals. But you still have a lot of ? judges tho.

That new rule should be across the board for men and women. I'm probably one of the few people that can get into women's boxing. ? it... Claressa Shields was the most exciting boxer on the U.S. team last year in London...

I ? with women boxing too....but I can never find a channel for the ? ...every now and again I get lucky and catch a bout on SNY

It's rarely shown in the U.S. on a mid level network (nevertheless a major one like HBO), and the women get paid ? for it. It's relatively pretty big in a lot of Latin American countries. I know they tried in the late 1990s with it, and you had some women that achieved moderate success (Laila Ali, Mis St. John, Christy Martin). Laila Ali lived off of her dad's name (and she was pretty), but she didn't take any high risk fights (Anne Wolfe would've busted her ? ). Mis St. John was just a moderately skilled Playboy bunny with boxing gloves (though she pulled off an upset against Christy Martin). Christy Martin was good in her prime, but she stated to fall off (and she wasn't eye appealing).

yeah I remember Christie Martin....she used to fight on alot of Tyson Undercards.....I remember the one bout where she was fighting this tall ass ? .....Christie threw an overhand right that landed square on her jaw and it was game over
  • themadlionsfan
    Options

MAAAAAAAAAAN......GET ALL THE WAY THE ? OUTTA HERE TALKIN THAT HATIN ? ......you can actually cosign this ? stickin his face in a strippers ? ?....do YOU actually feel that thats mature behavior let alone safe considering this ? might have herpes simplex 1000?!....REALLY!?.....and NOBODY on this board has rooted for him to lose....we want a step up in competition....you must be the ? brushin his hair in his post fight interviews..
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Anyone remember this.. this ? put fear in women in the sport.. laila copped more pleas than CJ has professional teams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h-hmcnlmrQ
  • perspective@100
    Options

My ? ,

Ain't nobody "mad" at Broner for doing this ? ; but we can't co-sign on a ? that does stupid ? . PERIOD. Because you have every non-black person in the world looking at the "regular" brotha demanding answers for the ? stupid ? do! You got these crackas LAUGHING AT us because of ? like this. I don't know this ? personally, nor would I even care to. But how many Black fathers (of five children at 22 years of age) do you know of that would waste money like that knowing that they have to pay child support!? Financial advisers my ass, they advise him on spending his money, they don't force him to make smart investments. How many Black boxers throughout history have you've known that went broke? Jack Johnson, Mike Tyson, Tommy Hearns is having trouble with his taxes... Joe Lewis couldn't even afford to pay for his own damn funeral! Because of these horror stories, a lot of athletes turn to other sports besides boxing. Boxing for the most part is still seen as a high risk, low rewarding career. That's one reason why this sport is dying off.

If you ain't mad why you even commenting with negativity "brotha"? Why you worried about what white people think about a black man who has nothing to do with you, at all. Don't put your insecurities in someone else ? . If white people have collective group think and continue to stereo type a culture off a few individuals then why do you care for that unprincipled level of thinking?
    In all honesty tons of boxers and athletes in general go broke. That ? is their decision. How that upsets you people I dont know. I just look at this ? as entertainment and comedy. Does not affect me personally in the least.

• perspective@100
    Options
    ? ? yaself with this "hating" ? .. that ? is feminine

So ? talking down on a ? they dont even know aint hate? Wishing another man harm because he acting immature aint hate? Hoping a ? go broke aint hate?

? you call it then? Contsructive criticism?

• playmaker88
    Options
    who wished the ? harm..

aside from that.. saying something is wack.. dont always have to be hate.. i aint jealous of the ? ..i could careless he just happens to be corny.. and coonish.. thats all

stop capin for men..
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all ? are hating though.

? is making money and living the life and you ? are jealous.
  • perspective@100
    edited March 2013
    Options
    who wished the ? harm..

aside from that.. saying something is wack.. dont always have to be hate.. i aint jealous of the ? ..i could careless he just happens to be corny.. and coonish.. thats all

stop capin for men..

So now you gonna front like you aint read all these comments? FOH its everything from wishing this ? gets knocked out to going broke.

Then your comments about my comments, lol, its feminine, and I'm capin... Its ? like you who think they are funny but get sensitive when somebody says "hater" because you know you are one.

• perspective@100
    Options

MAAAAAAAAAAN......GET ALL THE WAY THE ? OUTTA HERE TALKIN THAT HATIN ? ......you can actually cosign this ? stickin his face in a strippers ? ?....do YOU actually feel that thats mature behavior let alone safe considering this ? might have herpes simplex 1000?!....REALLY!?.....and NOBODY on this board has rooted for him to lose....we want a step up in competition....you must be the ? brushin his hair in his post fight interviews..

C'mon wit the CAPS my dude... I have cosigned nothing. I just don't judge like you uppity Negroes... This is how the hate is being passed I see. First yall hate on him and enjoy it. Then I call yall out for yall hatred and yall start hating on me with this name calling ? . Kinda ? are yall?

• themadlionsfan
    Options

C'mon wit the CAPS my dude... I have cosigned nothing. I just don't judge like you uppity Negroes... This is how the hate is being passed I see. First yall hate on him and enjoy it. Then I call yall out for yall hatred and yall start hating on me with this name calling ? . Kinda ? are yall?

Hate?.....how do you define that?....would stuff you're face in a strippers ? ?...if it wasn't Broener who did it what you respect that man?.....would you blow stacks knowing you have 5 kids at 22?...I have no problem with this dude playing the villian role...but theres a difference between that and being reckless....and if you can't see it....ya got ya cape on too tight....I hope this ? flourishes....but at the same time he's treading a dangerous path....lol @ hatin on Broener everybody on this board was seeing he was the next big thing since last year....foh
  • playmaker88
    edited March 2013
    Options
    who wished the ? harm..

stop capin for men..

So now you gonna front like you aint read all these comments? FOH its everything from wishing this ? gets knocked out to going broke.

Then your comments about my comments, lol, its feminine, and I'm capin... Its ? like you who think they are funny but get sensitive when somebody says "hater" because you know you are one.

I didnt read all the comments.. i could careless fam.. keep talkin though :!!
  • perspective@100
    Options

Hate?.....how do you define that?....would stuff you're face in a strippers ? ?...if it wasn't Broener who did it what you respect that man?.....would you blow stacks knowing you have 5 kids at 22?...I have no problem with this dude playing the villian role...but theres a difference between that and being reckless....and if you can't see it....ya got ya cape on too tight....I hope this ? flourishes....but at the same time he's treading a dangerous path....lol @ hatin on Broener everybody on this board was seeing he was the next big thing since last year....foh

Look, dont be mad at this ? cuz you never had enough money to kick it at at strip joint... 5 kids at 22, annnnnnnnnnn-duh... ? got more money than you and probably flushed your paycheck down his toilet.

I wish him well (but) I hope he flourishes (but) But but but... Shut the ? up

I didnt read all the comments.. i could careless fam.. keep talkin though :!!

Either way ? went back and retracted statements... ? you care, said I was feminine, and capin...

If you aint read all the comments why the ? you think you can talk ? about me calling the haters, haters.
    Stay out of grown folks business, lol

• vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i like dude but he is a fool. i still hope he beats paulie
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mia st john ws sexy af I use to watch some of here fights
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone remember this.. this ? put fear in women in the sport.. laila copped more pleas than CJ has professional teams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h-hmcnlmrQ
    The chick vonda is from cleveland....in yet another L...for us
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I like this....