Eric bishoff rips in on bret hart

Options
r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure if it should be here or the TNA thread but anyway new interview with the Bish and his target is Bret

Eric Bischoff appeared on Inside the Ropes Thursday night and discussed Bret Hart's criticism of him and more. Check out the highlights:

On Bret's WCW run: "I had spoken to and met Bret several times before he made the jump. I was obviously excited to have him but clearly Bret Hart was a very broken....and in my opinion still is, from the interviews I hear him do, a very sad, broken and bitter person. That was pretty evident when he first came over. He was a shadow or a shell of his former self. Wherever Bret was, the high point of his character, what I got was a kind of broken, sad shell of that and quite honestly I don't think he's ever come out of it."

On Bret's saying Bischoff "knows nothing about wrestling: "It's not unusual for guys like Bret Hart, from that era....the only way they know how to get over is to get over at the expense of someone else. Bret Hart's trying very hard to stay relevant. Unfortunately, he's no longer relevant. He was a big star, he had a big name at one point, he was an important character in the history of the business but he's not any longer and I'm sure that's hard on him. I know myself how it feels to realize that your biggest and best days as a performer are behind you. I'm very comfortable with that, I've embraced it but it's hard for a lot of guys who've never been anything other than performers. They have a hard time with that. It's not easy getting older in the wrestling business, believe me, when you're surrounded by younger and younger people who in many ways aren't as over or as skilled or as popular as you may have been or still are now. But this business is a business that's served by youth and change. And for someone like Bret, that manifests itself in his personality, lashing out at others. It's funny, when he came to me he hated Vince McMahon, he hated everyone in the WWE from the office to half the roster. He didn't have a good thing to say about any of the McMahons. Then when he got the opportunity to go back and work for them, he had to shift that. Then his hatred was for someone else like Bill Goldberg for giving him a concussion and now it's for me and for Hulk, there's no rhyme or reason for it and as far as his opinion of my value and what I've achieved in the wrestling business, I'll let my body of work and success speak for itself."

Comments

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's be real here.....at this point Bret does seem like the mad wrestler.....and he still hasn't let the screw job go
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's right, Bret has alot of build up animosity to this day
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Bret gave wrestling entertainment everything he had.... his youth, his time, his image, his health.... his brother smh

Let that man be upset if he wanna be upset... he deserves to feel however he feels

and Eric Bischoff doesn't know ? about wrestling... but I always felt he understood the entertainment part of it
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Man I feel Bret though. In order to discuss Bret's frustration you have to know the story. This will be a titangraph for my "didn't read" ? by the way:

Bret Hart wins his first World title in unorthodox fashion, because it wasn't televised. Bret only got the title because of the steroid scandal, this scandal ended up crippling business tremendously and everything from PPV to attendence started slipping, for some reason this is all blamed on Bret.

Now don't forget, Bret was 35 when he won his first championship...which means he was an old horse so Vince almost immediately looks to upgrade but at the same time Hogan is in Vince's ear trying to get the belt back. Hogan wiggles his way into WM 9 main event, wins the strap and then refuses to put Bret over so the title is dropped back to Yoko. Enter Lex Luger who steals Bret's thunder and is pushed as a top stop for over a year but his ? gets ? and ruins the plans for WM 10 and Vince is forced to go back to Bret.

Luger didn't work out but Vince knows Bret can't last forever and in the cut he sees a 7ft beast named Diesel as the top face. So Bret is forced to drop the title to old man Bob Backlund who is then promptly squashed in 8 seconds by Diesel in an untelevised match. Diesel then has a stranglehold on the title for over a year and business fails to pick up, so Vince goes BACK to Bret.

Never one to give up or to let the Hitman shine, Vince almost immediately begins pushing politicking, loudmouth, cokehead Shawn Michaels to replace Bret. Vince pulls the trigger at WM 12, and Bret rides off into the sunset for 7 months. Business is still down (has been for years by this point) and Shawn's not working, so Vince pulls Bret back in but then puts him in a feud with Steve Austin...which works out for the both of them.

Politicking HBK refuses to job to Bret at WM 13 and instead "loses his smile" and costs Bret not only the title but another WM main event but all wasn't lost because Bret's epic feud with Austin is red hot leading into a great match at WM 13. So Undertaker is champion....that's all well and good but he doesn't have any credible challengers, so Bret is flipped heel (it began before this but looking back at it you could see the Undertaker/Bret match coming) and takes the title back.

Well surely Bret is gonna shine now...right? Wrong, Bret is forced to midcard shows while Undertaker vs HBK main events. Then Survivor Series rolls around, and for years Vince has juggled back and forth with Bret, but now there's a personal beef between the old beat up horse Bret and the new, flashy stallion HBK. Vince instead of being a neutral arbiter instead takes HBK's side and does the unthinkable to Bret and then of course he's booted to WCW.

Now in WCW these guys will use Bret properly right? Nooooope, he's forced to start from the bottom like some new jack and completely shoved in the shadow of Nash (Diesel), Savage & Hogan...the same damn people he was in the shadow of when they were in the Fed together. He ultimately wins the strap...but nobody cares by this point because WCW is in the toilet...and to put the icing on the cake he gets side kicked in the dome back Goldberg which ends his illustrious career.

Now why would Bret be so mad?
    *Paul Orndorff went on record saying that people like Bret ruined the business because he was "too small" to main event

*Bret lead the company during a time of bad business so people who think they know ? claim he can't draw

*Hogan & HBK flatly refused to job to him and would rather leave than do so.

*many fans only remember him as being a gate keeper who put over Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels

*everybody he has beef with is more popular than him: Hogan, Nash, Flair, HBK so even if he tells the truth about them being ? nobody believes him nor do they care that much

*and the business killed his little brother, brother-in-law, some of his best friends and that concussion Goldberg gave him lead to his stroke later on (Bischoff left that part out) so the business damn near killed him too.

--So yeah Bret is bitter but I doubt its because he can't perform anymore, its probably because he's been overshadowed his whole career. Bret was extremely humble on top, he didn't get mouthy until he was forced into retirement. He wants recognition for his work, which is why he accepted the HOF nod and why he's back with WWE so often, you think he wants to die being looked over? Would you? Hell naw.

Well that was depressing. Makes me feel even more sorry for him. Yet understanding as to why he feels the way he does. Smh. I swear Vince is pretty much the WWE's version of the devil tho. He'd probably throw his own family under the bus, if it meant gettin higher ratings
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Bret's life was wrestling so i dnt mind him talking all the ? he talks atleast he keeps it real and talks what he feels even if folks dont agree with his ways
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Man I feel Bret though. In order to discuss Bret's frustration you have to know the story. This will be a titangraph for my "didn't read" ? by the way:

Bret Hart wins his first World title in unorthodox fashion, because it wasn't televised. Bret only got the title because of the steroid scandal, this scandal ended up crippling business tremendously and everything from PPV to attendence started slipping, for some reason this is all blamed on Bret.

Now don't forget, Bret was 35 when he won his first championship...which means he was an old horse so Vince almost immediately looks to upgrade but at the same time Hogan is in Vince's ear trying to get the belt back. Hogan wiggles his way into WM 9 main event, wins the strap and then refuses to put Bret over so the title is dropped back to Yoko. Enter Lex Luger who steals Bret's thunder and is pushed as a top stop for over a year but his ? gets ? and ruins the plans for WM 10 and Vince is forced to go back to Bret.

Luger didn't work out but Vince knows Bret can't last forever and in the cut he sees a 7ft beast named Diesel as the top face. So Bret is forced to drop the title to old man Bob Backlund who is then promptly squashed in 8 seconds by Diesel in an untelevised match. Diesel then has a stranglehold on the title for over a year and business fails to pick up, so Vince goes BACK to Bret.

Never one to give up or to let the Hitman shine, Vince almost immediately begins pushing politicking, loudmouth, cokehead Shawn Michaels to replace Bret. Vince pulls the trigger at WM 12, and Bret rides off into the sunset for 7 months. Business is still down (has been for years by this point) and Shawn's not working, so Vince pulls Bret back in but then puts him in a feud with Steve Austin...which works out for the both of them.

Politicking HBK refuses to job to Bret at WM 13 and instead "loses his smile" and costs Bret not only the title but another WM main event but all wasn't lost because Bret's epic feud with Austin is red hot leading into a great match at WM 13. So Undertaker is champion....that's all well and good but he doesn't have any credible challengers, so Bret is flipped heel (it began before this but looking back at it you could see the Undertaker/Bret match coming) and takes the title back.

Well surely Bret is gonna shine now...right? Wrong, Bret is forced to midcard shows while Undertaker vs HBK main events. Then Survivor Series rolls around, and for years Vince has juggled back and forth with Bret, but now there's a personal beef between the old beat up horse Bret and the new, flashy stallion HBK. Vince instead of being a neutral arbiter instead takes HBK's side and does the unthinkable to Bret and then of course he's booted to WCW.

Now in WCW these guys will use Bret properly right? Nooooope, he's forced to start from the bottom like some new jack and completely shoved in the shadow of Nash (Diesel), Savage & Hogan...the same damn people he was in the shadow of when they were in the Fed together. He ultimately wins the strap...but nobody cares by this point because WCW is in the toilet...and to put the icing on the cake he gets side kicked in the dome back Goldberg which ends his illustrious career.

Now why would Bret be so mad?
    *Paul Orndorff went on record saying that people like Bret ruined the business because he was "too small" to main event

*Bret lead the company during a time of bad business so people who think they know ? claim he can't draw

*Hogan & HBK flatly refused to job to him and would rather leave than do so.

*many fans only remember him as being a gate keeper who put over Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels

*everybody he has beef with is more popular than him: Hogan, Nash, Flair, HBK so even if he tells the truth about them being ? nobody believes him nor do they care that much

*and the business killed his little brother, brother-in-law, some of his best friends and that concussion Goldberg gave him lead to his stroke later on (Bischoff left that part out) so the business damn near killed him too.

--So yeah Bret is bitter but I doubt its because he can't perform anymore, its probably because he's been overshadowed his whole career. Bret was extremely humble on top, he didn't get mouthy until he was forced into retirement. He wants recognition for his work, which is why he accepted the HOF nod and why he's back with WWE so often, you think he wants to die being looked over? Would you? Hell naw.

Well that was depressing. Makes me feel even more sorry for him. Yet understanding as to why he feels the way he does. Smh. I swear Vince is pretty much the WWE's version of the devil tho. He'd probably throw his own family under the bus, if it meant gettin higher ratings

He has
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hbk was a ? made ? behind tha scenes back then
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Always have heard that HBK has a ? attitude behind the scenes & out of the ring when dealing with fans. Someone on here or on another forum told a story about how he flipped out on a drive thru worker for askin for his autograph while he was ordering, tried to get the dude fired and ? .

I never really been a big fan of dude anyways & from the recap of events above it sounds like Bret was a lot more deserving and humble as hell
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Always have heard that HBK has a ? attitude behind the scenes & out of the ring when dealing with fans. Someone on here or on another forum told a story about how he flipped out on a drive thru worker for askin for his autograph while he was ordering, tried to get the dude fired and ? .

I never really been a big fan of dude anyways & from the recap of events above it sounds like Bret was a lot more deserving and humble as hell
    ?

Just because Shawn was a bigger ? it doesnt change the fact that Bret was and still is an ? too. This guy is still a bitter old ? talking ? about everybody and blaming other people for his mishaps.