AmeriKKKa Is Robbing Us (As usual)

Options
SixSickSins
SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
Sitting here looking at my pay stub wondering WHY IN THE ? my generation, or anybody born after the Baby Boomers generation, is paying into stuff like social security? WHY?? It's slated to be depleted by 2033 by what we're learning in one of my classes...so why are we being forced to pay into something that will not be requited by the time it's our turn to get that monthly check?

I abhor how this country operates when it comes to stuff like this. We've also spoken on reform of the system and now I can truly say that I'm all for privatizing it..as in what you pay in out of your check will be there for YOU when you retire and not some current retiree..basically the opposite of what the system is now.

What do y'all think? Where do we draw the line? If we were to privatize it, what about current retirees/disabled people who depend on those monies? ? em, nh? Implement a new system?

Just sitting here thankin' I better start saving early...because it's never too early. Private investments, savings, 401k/pension plan (if your job offers it)...how do y'all plan to save in this ? up country and what do you think of the current system?

Comments

• Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Move to another country.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll just plan for my financial future myself, instead of waiting for the government to figure out what the ? they should do with the money I'm required to pay towards "entitlements".

8mBwgHS.gif
    T5BNVt6.gif
    DZsLfAc.gif
    0WZ5Uj6.gif
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll move to a third world country and live on 500 $ a month.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The money is there to fix SS but the political will isn't. If it truly gets bad ill move to another country
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Old people need to die, bottom line. When your past 60 someone needs to pull the plug on you.

Or

execution.gif
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I used to spend a lot of my time reading about the corruption of the American system and how to change it and what not. Then 1 day I got a realization like for what? I'm not gonna be able to change the system, then I realized that the American system, though corrupt as ? has a huge benefit, which is, if you just give the government 18% of your taxes, then you could do whatever you want with the rest of your money with no cares.

At one point I just said ? it and instead of worrying about things I can't control I started spending that time on energy on how to fix my life and make it better financially mentally physically and all else, and my stress has decreased drastically.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now @SixSickSins u know that robbing is the AmeriKKKan way smh

• SixSickSins
    Options
    I think it's time I began dabbling in stocks. And bolstering my savings.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    America wants that protection money.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Privatizing it is a fools errand, you want to pay someone else to hold your money for you? Nonsense, that's worse than the Gov't holding it.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Move to Canada?
  • Drew_Ali
    Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I abhor how this country operates when it comes to stuff like this. We've also spoken on reform of the system and now I can truly say that I'm all for privatizing it.

Crackkkers sold you a dream.......

& you bought it.........

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Retirement definitely has a bleak future for our generation and more. Even if the money is there, the age for us to qualify without being penalized is probably gonna be 70+.

Think about that. I mean Chaka Khan is just making 60 this month. So imagine our ? having to make 70. And some folks don't even know how plan for that ? properly. I've met plenty of retiree's that had to go back to work, cause of those checks not being enough. Then they health is off, so now they have to get ate in the money racket of medical expenses.

? ..... I ain't got time for that. This is exactly the kind of thing that might push an elderly priest to peddle tar and ? 's on the side.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    According to this youtube video social security was invented as a way to get profit from the working poor and blacks even in times of an economic down size. For now on I'm opposing tax hikes of any kind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTtSPV1573M
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Retirement is gonna be nonexistent for our children bruhs. Pensions, social security, everything that makes elderly people independent is under attack. Its all because the elderly are the most politically active group in the country...bar none.

There's nothing you can talk about that doesn't effect the elderly: healthcare, pensions, social security, individual rights and liberties etc and most importantly they have the time and inclination to do things politically. What I mean is they go to town hall meetings, they call their reps on the phone, they attend protests, they have strong lobbying organizations all because they have time. They pay attention to politics closely, its all they do. They don't have small children anymore, they don't work anymore, their social groups are constantly shrinking due to death so friends and partying aren't an issue, all they do is watch the world spin...that's scary as hell to a politician.

So the plan is to force old people to either work longer (for distraction) or die younger because they are too strong a group to oppose politically. They did a nice job of turning a lot of young people against social security and these folks don't realize what it means to want to privatize it but old folks do, they know.

In all honesty people should be retiring sooner than 65. Black men (like me and a lot of you reading this) don't live to see 65 in the first place (avg life expectancy is like 70 for black men though). I know what you saying "Well damn Jono you making a case for hating social security!" But the fact of the matter is we don't know how long we will live, its better to prepare like we gonna live to be 100 and not need to rather than be 100 without what we need.

Don't rely on social security but we will need it. Just supplement it with investments or savings...hopefully find a career with a pension and you'll be good to go. Its just sad they trying to make that ? harder for no damn reason other than greed.
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sell drugs. Make $ off the books. Pay them laws off and build an empire. Problem solved.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have children they are the best long term investment
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ayo B... I have about 10,000 in one of my checking accounts. I'm not using the money... what should I do with it?

I've already bought an acre of land.

Help a young ? out
  • bigstevie
    bigstevie Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Ayo B... I have about 10,000 in one of my checking accounts. I'm not using the money... what should I do with it?

Help a young ? out
    Buy a brick...double up..repeat
  • SixSickSins
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »

Help a young ? out

Ayo, fall back brohamini...@cain1 is already my private accountant. Cain, help me start this IRA ? .

Drew_Ali wrote: »
    Crackkkers sold you a dream.......

& you bought it.........

There dreams are shitastic, b. Nor are their standards my own. ^^^False statement.

Sell drugs. Make $ off the books. Pay them laws off and build an empire. Problem solved.

I don't like recreational drugs. Which other illegal hustles might you suggest?
    Move to Canada?

Perhaps Nigeria or Guinea in Africa. My people! Maybe a short stint in New Zealand because I adore the landscape.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Six, shush up woman.

Somebody give a young buff ? some advice
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im just hittin the third world,buy a cofee shop,open.up a gym and chill.

Spend my freetime Watchin american movies,gettin ? ,and figuring out the lingo

I aint stuntin America.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was not joking between me and my 5 brothers my parents get about 50000 every year. They cant spend all that so me and my brothers look at it like savings because when they die we get that money back
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    social security can never go broke its supported by the payroll tax. as long as somebody
    working S.S has money coming in. The worse that can happen is that if they don raise the retirement age it will
    pay out 30% less in benefits,but you will still get all the money back you put in. The problem with social security is that by 2033,more people are going to be taking out more then what they put in. Its not really that big of a problem