Options
2»

Comments

• sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chi-guy wrote: »
    I just came from an advanced screening of this move, it was definitely entertaining. I won't say too much about the movie since it isn't out yet but Harrison Ford as Branch Rickey stole the show in my opinion. He played that role perfectly

Fixed the bolded and I cosign, the movie was basically Remember the Titans on the baseball field, not a lot stands out and the previews/trailor reveal too many of the highlights of the story. I wont post any spoilers but this is one I wouldnt rush out to see and I would give 5 maybe 5.5 out of 10.

Sidenote, I was off work and caught a early showing and a bunch of white senior citizens were in there and I swear after the movie they were all looking at me clapping and trying to make small talk leaving the theater like they were apologizing for racism in the movie.....lol
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    Cosmic_Cannon Members Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Who else saw it?
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn, don't tell me its gonna be on redbox status pretty soon
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ima watch it with my girl later tonight
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taking my daughter to go see it tomorrow
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched it this afternoon...? was dope yo. All i'll say is a ? got chills when he stepped on the field in that Dodger fit...
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was good, my girl shed a few tears in the game vs the phillies when he went in the hallway and cried and broke the bat on the wall
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sapo614 wrote: »
    chi-guy wrote: »
    I just came from an advanced screening of this move, it was definitely entertaining. I won't say too much about the movie since it isn't out yet but Harrison Ford as Branch Rickey stole the show in my opinion. He played that role perfectly

Fixed the bolded and I cosign, the movie was basically Remember the Titans on the baseball field, not a lot stands out and the previews/trailor reveal too many of the highlights of the story. I wont post any spoilers but this is one I wouldnt rush out to see and I would give 5 maybe 5.5 out of 10.

Sidenote, I was off work and caught a early showing and a bunch of white senior citizens were in there and I swear after the movie they were all looking at me clapping and trying to make small talk leaving the theater like they were apologizing for racism in the movie.....lol

Awkward moment lol

I feel you on the Remember the Titans analogy, I see what the director was trying to do with it. Ford's portrayal of Branch Rickey was great. He went all out to get things done and the way he delivered in some of the scenes were comedic

What stands out to me is the Phillies game and the way Jackie was treated, but the end result was nice lol
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #1 at the box office, 27 million
    better than I expected. I need to see this
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just saw this today.

would really liked it if they showed him winning his world series title.
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    good movie all the actors did a good job dude that got traded had me rolling when they lost at the end.

• clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just saw this today.

would really liked it if they showed him winning his world series title.

Yea I wanted to see a show down like a league of theyre own but was a good movie overall...
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanted to see them win the world series too.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    great ass movie.....shawty girl was bad down ass chick
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The actress who played Robinson wife in the movie was beautiful I would like to see her in more films....movie was better than I expected.
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    Doubletee wrote: »
    The actress who played Robinson wife in the movie was beautiful I would like to see her in more films....movie was better than I expected.

i was thinking sex scene soon as i peeped her but then i was like dam pg 13 movie not happening
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been on nicole beharie. She bad.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    just watched last night. its the typical "whites werent so bad" "white savior" during segregation era film with some troubling scenes that alot of safe negroes wont want to talk about. but overall id say a pretty good movie and definitely worth a watch. it did have some honest outlooks and realistic situations being portrayed.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was most def a pg 13 film, alot of thing was keep out, like the white folks coming for him in the middle of the night in fla., and yeah i was in my feeling when he broke down in the hallway. crazy how racist my team was back then...