What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

2pac style beat

BarryHallsBarryHalls Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
Was listening to some Pac joints and thought id mess around.

03-029-A-Pulled-Pork-Sandwich-Homemade-Coleslaw_xl.jpg

o.jpg

bbq_chicken1.jpg

giphy.gif

Replies

• BarryHallsBarryHalls Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess this forum is dead. haha

o.jpg

bbq_chicken1.jpg

giphy.gif
    LUClEN
  • mosincrediblemosincredible Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    I was feelin it until the 808 & Snare. Keep riding with those drums before it but layer a heavier kick & snare on top.
    "This for my niggas that log on to AllHipHop / And listen to niggas they never heard cause they love hip hop" - Ab-Soul, "Passion", from Longterm Mentality 2

YouTube | SoundCloud

A beat I made in the spoiler if you happen to give a damn
    BarryHalls
    edited November 2012
    Dude I agree but I made this using standard sounds on garageband. Their kits suck but I added those drums to the 808. Kept the 808 to give it some type of bass line.

I took your advice and changed it. I hope you dig it.

o.jpg

bbq_chicken1.jpg

giphy.gif
    That's better. Do you not like making bass lines or do you not like the sounds you have? The notes of the 808 are off. If you purposely want it off, that's fine. Swizz used to do it all the time with his Ruff Ryder beats. I like C, A sharp, G sharp and back up as a bass line for that beat. It's been done a million times but it fits.
    "This for my niggas that log on to AllHipHop / And listen to niggas they never heard cause they love hip hop" - Ab-Soul, "Passion", from Longterm Mentality 2

YouTube | SoundCloud

edited November 2012
    Thanks bro. Yea i kept it off note just for the hell of it. Im using garageband ATM. Not really diggin their VSTS. I dont know where to download free sounds for this program. I tried googling it but couldnt find anything where I can preview before downloading.

o.jpg

bbq_chicken1.jpg

giphy.gif
    Yea I dunno anything about garage. All I use is Reason & my old Triton for some of its sounds.

YouTube | SoundCloud

Yea garage band is a standard music program that comes with the macbook pro.

o.jpg

bbq_chicken1.jpg

giphy.gif
  • Buy BeatsBuy Beats Posts: 80
    edited December 2012
    liked the revisions you made waaay better than the original, you could still use better VSTs and sounds though.

http://www.ShadezOfBlue.com
    Buy Beats | Download Beats | Beats for Sale
  • Dope track, I think this beat just needs some of the synths to be layered.
  • Get your mix done by a professional engineer. Give me a call @ 512 200 HITS(4487)!