A Message to "mixed" black girls who are my color.....

Options

Comments

• Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Selfhate is the issue, f@ck Tommy Sotomayor...

In every western country I've been where there's a sizeable black community I've seen this phenomena. Some of these blacks - not just females - will say they're 1/8 Indian, 1/16 German, 1/8 Spanish etc. and conveniently leave out their African ancestry when that's what the world identifies them as. Most times these blacks I'm talking about be looking like Chris Partlow from The Wire. You'd hard pressed to see the Jasmin Guy/ Vanessa Williams/ Rick Fox types going out of their way to claim non-black ethnicities like these blacks do because it's obvious they're mixed. These Jasmin Guy's ain't got nothing to prove and in my country people like her are seen as and identify as white. That one drop rule doesn't apply everywhere but that's another topic...

These blacks I'm talking about have been conditioned to distance themselves from Africa. Black skin, white masks... The standard of beauty has been European since they conquered the world. As a result some black women have a inferiority complex and they pass that hangup on to their daughters. They have instilled that Eurocentric mentality in their daughters so these girls grow up thinking their African features are ugly and they wanna distance themselves from that. Who wouldn't if you don't know better? I've seen mothers hit young girls with that hot comb when they would complain. I've seen them say their hair looked like a hot mess when it was actually in its natural 'nappy' state. I've seen these black women use terms like good hair and bad hair. I've even heard them talking about good and bad noses. Don't get me started on colorism. These black women spend crazy money on hair products and barbers. All of these things are symptoms of selfhate...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Lmao at ppl not understanding hispanic is not a race

@BlackGerald It's because of how race is seen in the US. Anybody who is latino is seen as latino sans race no matter how light or dark they are, and hell the dark skin ones who are my skin tone and darker are rarely given any shine any way. If my black ass has a kid with a white latina in the US that kid isn't seen as mixed. In latin america though that kid would be seen as mixed with a white mom and a black dad.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    MrsWest wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    WTF is a "latina woman's last name", exactly?

I'll wait...

His moniker is an allusion to Sonia Sotomayor, the latin american supreme court justice. He considers himself a "judge" of sorts

His real name is Thomas Jerome Harris.

he Panamanian, thats his pops last name...

So since we're splitting hairs, because his father is from a country of primarily Spanish descent, does that make him of mixed race or not love?

spanish is not a race so no he is not mixed there are millions of un-mixed black people in latin america
    Black is the race hispaniclatino is the culture

WAIT a ? minute

So this closeted ? claims to be hispanic because of panamanian ancestry, although he looks black
    But goes in on black women who do the same ? ?

And since when it is fine for a hispanic man to tout himself as an expert on black women and speak so negatively of us? Yall just gone let this ? slide? LOL

He is a black hispanic why can't people understand that

@Skyler_White
    @MrsWest

There are Black people all throughout Latin America.

Panamanian is a nationality, NOT a race.

Both of this dudes parents are more than likely Black.

No disrespect, but I can't believe that y'all didn't know that.

If you have a Black mother from Georgia, for instance, and a Black father from Peru.... You're not mixed!!!!

Just because a Black person is from a nation other than the U.S., that don't mean he aint still Black.

It's 2013.....Y'all need to know this stuff!

Ok. I've heard this argument a zillion times and I no longer care about this thread.

BUT for argument's sake you're 100% sure his father is a BLACK person from Panama (or wherever)? I thought generally speaking most latin countries contain people of mixed ethnicity (AMONG OTHERS OK?). I know there are black people in latin countries I was just making a point for argument's sake. I don't know why there is such a outrage over any of this ? btw.

@MrsWest

Probably because you're seemingly being willfully ignorant....as for what you thought most latin Americans who are black just look at this... [url]="

Ok, thanks.....

Ethnic groups according to self-identification

The Latinobarómetro surveys have asked respondents in 18 Latin American countries what race they considered themselves to belong to. The figures shown below are averages for 2007 through 2011.[17]
    Country Mestizo White Mulatto Black Amerindian Asian Other DK/NR1

Panama 55% 17% 5% 11% 5% 2% 1% 4%

And this proves what? That there's some of us Panamanians who do say we're black...there's other's who say they're mixed...it all depends on what your fam's history is. That and you do have to realize race is classified different in latin america than in the States.

Just that the majority of people in that country don't consider themselves black. People in here are telling me they pretty much all consider themselves black, just thought I'd stop being "willfully ignorant" for a second. I really, truly do not care what this man is. I really don't. Just as I don't care what any dumb broad calls herself when she's trying to appear exotic.
    Can you please tell me what any post in this whole thread proves? Some angry man ranting about what black women call themselves and this is a thread that's supposed to be taken seriously on any level?
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? are angry

I should care more

But I won't
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Perfect wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    I don't go by dictionary for terms like that for the most part.

lol what you mean? you be make up definitions?

For the most part, they're inaccurate.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont agree with the black is dominant color when it comes to dark and light skin mixing, I am the product of a union like these and me and all my siblings are nice shade of brown. I love my skin color.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CopperKing wrote: »
    so women have a problem with this man having a problem with women claiming another race outside of black that they arent b/c his father is a black hispanic man?...

I have a problem with him being a hypocrite.
    He's claiming to be of hispanic heritage but has an american surname
    If his father is hispanic, why is his govt name harris? Was this father around? Why doesn't he have his dad's last name? I don't know of too many active upstanding fathers that dont give their kids their last name.
    But then he goes in on black women claiming to be something they're not when it seems as though he's doing the very same thing.

I can point you to plenty of latinos who don't have what you would consider stereotypical spanish surnames. Hell my own last name doesn't scream out "spanish", though my 3 middle names do, but that doesn't make me any less latino.

Such a ? ....I can give two ? what a broad claims as long as she got a phat ass really. Cats on here know me and have sent me to a group of women and to ? drinks and I went in.

And there are plenty of Latin families that have non Latin names who are Latino. My last name doesn't sound Latin. But I'm most def rep being Latino.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what paul mooney call 'em?? ? that can salsa or some ? ..s m h
    Bilingual ? that can swim.
    Manye, I hate when you meet someone and you ask them where they're from/where their parents are from and they give you a breakdown predating Jesus.
    This girl I know keeps harping on about being 1/16th Chinese and I'm like "? , the only Chinese you know is the No. 17 special you order from Lee's Chinese. " FOH.
    (Shots fired at blazini)

You aint never lied! The worst ones be the ones that say some stupid ? like "I'm jamaican, nigerian, Dominican, and black". Or them ? who be having the deepest african features talking bout "I'm german, scottish, irish, Cherokee.............. and black". But the worst of the wost is them south louisiana porch monkeys. If I hear another "I'm not black...........I'm creole!!". lol ? be naming nationalities and cultures when speaking on their race. It's funny how nobody in the states with parents from different parts do this ? . My dad is from texas, mom is from louisiana, and I'm from california. What the ? I look like saying "I'm texian, louisianian, and californian............and black".............................?

I Was gonna comment on this ? but some cats in here already said what I was gonna say. SMH at some of you in here that still don't know the deference between nationality, race, ethnicity, and culture. I now white devils divided us up and cut us off from each other all around the world. But it's 2013 and we have all kinds of resources besides the white ran media to figure ? out SMH. The ratchet brainwashed post in here got me dying though(Skyler, I told you that you be having some ratchet/hoodrat moments from time to time)

This behaviour is a disease.
    It's not so much that they're identifying the various ethnicities in their family as it's used as some kind of badge of honour. As if being from Africa or the Caribbean isn't enough and they've got to add some Asian or South American country into the mix to make themselves more 'appealing'.

The funniest thing is that most people across the world can trace various ethnicities in their family but most don't bother because it's either unnecessary, or they know too little about their heritage.
    When these fools start breaking down ? I just have to laugh because it's so pathetic.
    Good post and notice how when it's the other way around people won't talk about their (recent) African ancestry if they're white (or w/e) and can 'pass'.
  • blackrain
    edited April 2013
    Options

I'll wait...

His moniker is an allusion to Sonia Sotomayor, the latin american supreme court justice. He considers himself a "judge" of sorts

So since we're splitting hairs, because his father is from a country of primarily Spanish descent, does that make him of mixed race or not love?

spanish is not a race so no he is not mixed there are millions of un-mixed black people in latin america

WAIT a ? minute

So this closeted ? claims to be hispanic because of panamanian ancestry, although he looks black

And since when it is fine for a hispanic man to tout himself as an expert on black women and speak so negatively of us? Yall just gone let this ? slide? LOL

@Skyler_White
    @MrsWest

If you have a Black mother from Georgia, for instance, and a Black father from Peru.... You're not mixed!!!!

Just because a Black person is from a nation other than the U.S., that don't mean he aint still Black.

Ok. I've heard this argument a zillion times and I no longer care about this thread.

BUT for argument's sake you're 100% sure his father is a BLACK person from Panama (or wherever)? I thought generally speaking most latin countries contain people of mixed ethnicity (AMONG OTHERS OK?). I know there are black people in latin countries I was just making a point for argument's sake. I don't know why there is such a outrage over any of this ? btw.

@MrsWest

Probably because you're seemingly being willfully ignorant....as for what you thought most latin Americans who are black just look at this... [url]="

Ok, thanks.....

The Latinobarómetro surveys have asked respondents in 18 Latin American countries what race they considered themselves to belong to. The figures shown below are averages for 2007 through 2011.[17]

And this proves what? That there's some of us Panamanians who do say we're black...there's other's who say they're mixed...it all depends on what your fam's history is. That and you do have to realize race is classified different in latin america than in the States.

Just that the majority of people in that country don't consider themselves black. People in here are telling me they pretty much all consider themselves black, just thought I'd stop being "willfully ignorant" for a second. I really, truly do not care what this man is. I really don't. Just as I don't care what any dumb broad calls herself when she's trying to appear exotic.
    Can you please tell me what any post in this whole thread proves? Some angry man ranting about what black women call themselves and this is a thread that's supposed to be taken seriously on any level?

@MrsWest I didn't see anyone in here say the majority of Panamanians are black just that there are black Panamanians (and there's plenty of us). The ignorance in your post and a few others was the whole "I was just saying his black ass looks like he has 2 black ass parents" ? . Like I said it just sounds stupid to discount somebody being latino because "they look black" as if they can't be one in the same and that's what is being said with that quote from your post.
  • blackrain
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    CopperKing wrote: »
    so women have a problem with this man having a problem with women claiming another race outside of black that they arent b/c his father is a black hispanic man?...

I have a problem with him being a hypocrite.
    He's claiming to be of hispanic heritage but has an american surname
    If his father is hispanic, why is his govt name harris? Was this father around? Why doesn't he have his dad's last name? I don't know of too many active upstanding fathers that dont give their kids their last name.
    But then he goes in on black women claiming to be something they're not when it seems as though he's doing the very same thing.

I can point you to plenty of latinos who don't have what you would consider stereotypical spanish surnames. Hell my own last name doesn't scream out "spanish", though my 3 middle names do, but that doesn't make me any less latino.

Such a ? ....I can give two ? what a broad claims as long as she got a phat ass really. Cats on here know me and have sent me to a group of women and to ? drinks and I went in.

And there are plenty of Latin families that have non Latin names who are Latino. My last name doesn't sound Latin. But I'm most def rep being Latino.

But I got an "American" first name though so I pass until I got pull out some ID and explain that it's really me lol
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll wait...

WAIT a ? minute

@Skyler_White
    @MrsWest

@MrsWest

Ok, thanks.....

@MrsWest I didn't see anyone in here say the majority of Panamanians are black just that there are black Panamanians (and there's plenty of us). The ignorance in your post and a few others was the whole "I was just saying his black ass looks like he has 2 black ass parents" ? . Like I said it just sounds stupid to discount somebody being latino because "they look black" as if they can't be one in the same and that's what is being said with that quote from your post.

I was paralleling what he said love. The title of this video is to mixed black women who are my color. I wasn't seriously saying that. lol I'm very aware aware that latinos come in all colors. I didn't grow up in a bubble.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of people in this thread really need to do some traveling outside of the United States. Like some have already posted there are black people everywhere on the globe. I've been to a boat load of different countries and there are black, white, yellow every color under the sun there. That doesn't mean they aren't African, Asian or Caucasian because they happen to have grew up in that country. SMH.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll wait...

WAIT a ? minute

@Skyler_White
    @MrsWest

@MrsWest

Ok, thanks.....

I was paralleling what he said love. The title of this video is to mixed black women who are my color. I wasn't seriously saying that. lol I'm very aware aware that latinos come in all colors. I didn't grow up in a bubble.

didnt read... gave u a GOAT for the avi...
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dont trust them new ? over there
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll wait...

WAIT a ? minute

@Skyler_White
    @MrsWest

@MrsWest

Ok, thanks.....

What Black Americans need to realize is the word BLACK is connected to BLACK AMERICAN around the world. So many people dont say their black because of it. And just speaking from the Black Latins that I know it's not to distance themselves it purely of pride of nation. You go to just about any Latin country and their is pride of African heritage.
  • blackrain
    Options

I'll wait...

WAIT a ? minute

@Skyler_White
    @MrsWest

@MrsWest

Ok, thanks.....

I got you...
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    what paul mooney call 'em?? ? that can salsa or some ? ..s m h
    Bilingual ? that can swim.
    Manye, I hate when you meet someone and you ask them where they're from/where their parents are from and they give you a breakdown predating Jesus.
    This girl I know keeps harping on about being 1/16th Chinese and I'm like "? , the only Chinese you know is the No. 17 special you order from Lee's Chinese. " FOH.
    (Shots fired at blazini)

You aint never lied! The worst ones be the ones that say some stupid ? like "I'm jamaican, nigerian, Dominican, and black". Or them ? who be having the deepest african features talking bout "I'm german, scottish, irish, Cherokee.............. and black". But the worst of the wost is them south louisiana porch monkeys. If I hear another "I'm not black...........I'm creole!!". lol ? be naming nationalities and cultures when speaking on their race. It's funny how nobody in the states with parents from different parts do this ? . My dad is from texas, mom is from louisiana, and I'm from california. What the ? I look like saying "I'm texian, louisianian, and californian............and black".............................?

I Was gonna comment on this ? but some cats in here already said what I was gonna say. SMH at some of you in here that still don't know the deference between nationality, race, ethnicity, and culture. I now white devils divided us up and cut us off from each other all around the world. But it's 2013 and we have all kinds of resources besides the white ran media to figure ? out SMH. The ratchet brainwashed post in here got me dying though(Skyler, I told you that you be having some ratchet/hoodrat moments from time to time)

This behaviour is a disease.
    It's not so much that they're identifying the various ethnicities in their family as it's used as some kind of badge of honour. As if being from Africa or the Caribbean isn't enough and they've got to add some Asian or South American country into the mix to make themselves more 'appealing'.

The funniest thing is that most people across the world can trace various ethnicities in their family but most don't bother because it's either unnecessary, or they know too little about their heritage.
    When these fools start breaking down ? I just have to laugh because it's so pathetic.
    That's basically what the over dramatic ass ? in the video was talking about. Like somebody in here said, people got hurt cause it hit home and tried to derail the thread. Some posters in here look silly as ? and don't even realize it SMH. I cant really be all mad at them though, 100's of years of mind ? , divide and conquer, and misdirection is hard to shake. It's like a ? victim, they never truly get passed it.

I got close(not no generations ago type ? ) native americans on both my parents side of the family. Shockingly they don't look half cracka lol. I just say I'm black, I only mention the native part if it comes up.
    Lmao at ppl not understanding hispanic is not a race

@BlackGerald It's because of how race is seen in the US. Anybody who is latino is seen as latino sans race no matter how light or dark they are, and hell the dark skin ones who are my skin tone and darker are rarely given any shine any way. If my black ass has a kid with a white latina in the US that kid isn't seen as mixed. In latin america though that kid would be seen as mixed with a white mom and a black dad.

LOL long story short, the spanish white devil's rampage wasn't just in central and south america.The brainwashing is worldwide. Brazil is a perfect example of this. I was shocked to see that it's mostly straight up ? there. That ? we see on t.v is the small percentage of what the people look like over there(super tan white/mixed girls, perms, lots of hair grease, ? injections, tummy tucks, fake breast). I like that new asap rocky video because they show what most of the dominican republic really looks like instead of the usual light bright and mixed folks. ? was really arguing with me about calling jo buddens ex jump off with the big ? a sista. "she aint no black ? , she a latina!!, she dominican" SMH!!! Same thing happened with LA LA(carmello wife). I love how she came out and set all those ignant ? straight.

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @mrswest Panamanian Americans are overwhleming black and assimilate into greater West Indian Communities. U aren't from the east coast or flordia I'm guessing
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't grow up in a bubble.

@MrsWest

Speaking of bubbles..........

2qtagbt.jpg

I have a question for you.

• Ms.Scorp
    Ms.Scorp Members Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll wait...

mug-shot-33076142.jpg

Information:
    Name: Thomas Jerome Harris
    Processing Date: 07-28-2009

Alleged Violation:
    19-10-1(A) FAILURE TO PAY/CHILD SUPPORT

Oh ok, so he's an 100% ? hypocrite 8-|

These "Youtube philosiphers" ? me, and I can't believe with the way he ? on Black women, some of us still entertain him.
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    So did he say a brown or darkskin person can't be mixed? Didn't watch the video, based on the responses it don't seem worth my time...
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Isn't it interesting that these female posters continue to use anything and everything to discredit the man and yet don't have anything of substance to say in regards to topic. Tommy Sotomayor is just the messenger. there are many black men who feel the exact same way as he does and it's pretty obvious based on the comments left by some of the brothers on here. I don't like adding fuel to the so called black man vs. women argument but there are certain things that are so obviously wrong you just have to bring it up. How come as a black man I can take pride in being my natural black self but you can't with being a black women? And how come a lot of sisters are so adamant about proving to the world that their everything under the sun except what they are AND what the world sees them as----black? The man brought up a valid point. Do you see white women or any other race of women going head over heels to claim us? Do you see them buying kinky and "nappy" hair to place over the tops of their head? Really, ask yourself what impression are you leaving by wearing the hair of another women on the top of your head. It's quite ridiculous and pathetic when you look at it from that perspective. It's a shame that many sisters feel they have to hide their true selves from the world. I think we all have been suckered into following the white standard to beauty. It's up to sisters to reverse this and define their own beauty as black women. The brothers have been saying this all along. Get it together.
  • Ms.Scorp
    Ms.Scorp Members Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't it interesting that these female posters continue to use anything and everything to discredit the man and yet don't have anything of substance to say in regards to topic. Tommy Sotomayor is just the messenger. there are many black men who feel the exact same way as he does and it's pretty obvious based on the comments left by some of the brothers on here. I don't like adding fuel to the so called black man vs. women argument but there are certain things that are so obviously wrong you just have to bring it up. How come as a black man I can take pride in being my natural black self but you can't with being a black women? And how come a lot of sisters are so adamant about proving to the world that their everything under the sun except what they are AND what the world sees them as----black? The man brought up a valid point. Do you see white women or any other race of women going head over heels to claim us? Do you see them buying kinky and "nappy" hair to place over their straight hear? Really, ask yourself what impression are you leaving by wearing the hair of another women on the top of your head. It's quite ridiculous and pathetic when you look at it from that perspective. It's a shame that many sisters feel they have to hide their true selves from the world. I think we all have been suckered into following the white standard to beauty. It's up to sisters to reverse this and define their own beauty as black women. The brothers have been saying this all along. Get it together.

Why would you type all this after the dude was just exposed by Skylar for being the very thing he's ? about in the video :|
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But what if someone is actually mixed tho? Just because they are darker are they supposed to just deny a parents race? I'm confused....
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ms.Scorp wrote: »
    Isn't it interesting that these female posters continue to use anything and everything to discredit the man and yet don't have anything of substance to say in regards to topic. Tommy Sotomayor is just the messenger. there are many black men who feel the exact same way as he does and it's pretty obvious based on the comments left by some of the brothers on here. I don't like adding fuel to the so called black man vs. women argument but there are certain things that are so obviously wrong you just have to bring it up. How come as a black man I can take pride in being my natural black self but you can't with being a black women? And how come a lot of sisters are so adamant about proving to the world that their everything under the sun except what they are AND what the world sees them as----black? The man brought up a valid point. Do you see white women or any other race of women going head over heels to claim us? Do you see them buying kinky and "nappy" hair to place over their straight hear? Really, ask yourself what impression are you leaving by wearing the hair of another women on the top of your head. It's quite ridiculous and pathetic when you look at it from that perspective. It's a shame that many sisters feel they have to hide their true selves from the world. I think we all have been suckered into following the white standard to beauty. It's up to sisters to reverse this and define their own beauty as black women. The brothers have been saying this all along. Get it together.

Why would you type all this after the dude was just exposed by Skylar for being the very thing he's ? about in the video :|

I couldn't care less about what his last name is. I have heard him on many occasions refer to himself as a "black" Hispanic. Who he is off YT has nothing to do with the message he's trying to get across(please don't turn this into another baseless argument). And as I said previously many black men feels as he does, so he aint saying anything new.