Jason Collins just came out

Options

Comments

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn they really comparing this to Jackie Robinson?? smh the ? really do run this ? .
    like Charles said I didn't give a damn who he was sleeping with yesterday and I won't give a damn tonight.
    it's nice he came out he can stop living a lie. maybe it can inspire other people to live their lives and be themselves but that's where it should stop imo.

who knows if it's a choice but I know when I said I meant as a decision to who they get in the bed with not being physically attracted to the opposite sex. it's all just speculation.
    if i'm ? Maliah or Claudia that's a decision.
    kind of a hard decision, can't lose with either one but you get the point.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp........The question that now remains is will you listen to ? before the judgment comes?

Folks really think it's saccharin out here, like nothing will ever happen to this country.

"See, I am your enemy, you arrogant people," says the Lord, the LORD of Heaven's Armies. "Your day of reckoning has arrived--the day when I will punish you. O land of arrogance, you will stumble and fall, and no one will raise you up. For I will light a fire in the cities of Babylon that will burn up everything around them." Jeremiah 50:31-32

? have mercy! This is what's in store for America! Nuclear destruction! Total annihilation! Utter desolation!

Folks really think it's saccharin out here though. SMH repeatedly.

The end of the age is here. This is the generation that the Bible speaks about. But sadly few recognize it. Tragic......
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll support ? rights when Ugly people get their. Own struggle in the main stream media.. since the beginning of time, ugly ? have had it worse than ? yet I've never seen a NBA player catch a fine for calling Tyrone hill ugl..discrimination is discrimination ,right? U know damn well it's places that haven't hired people simply becuz they ugly
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp........The question that now remains is will you listen to ? before the judgment comes?

Folks really think it's saccharin out here, like nothing will ever happen to this country.

"See, I am your enemy, you arrogant people," says the Lord, the LORD of Heaven's Armies. "Your day of reckoning has arrived--the day when I will punish you. O land of arrogance, you will stumble and fall, and no one will raise you up. For I will light a fire in the cities of Babylon that will burn up everything around them." Jeremiah 50:31-32

? have mercy! This is what's in store for America! Nuclear destruction! Total annihilation! Utter desolation!

Folks really think it's saccharin out here though. SMH repeatedly.

The end of the age is here. This is the generation that the Bible speaks about. But sadly few recognize it. Tragic......

Word, 'cause faggotry just came out about 5 years ago. Lord knows men wasn't ? ' men back in the "good ol' days".

*Googles ? and Gomorrah

...Oh wait...
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh@ all these athletes supporting this ? ?

Word, they should call him a ? right? Let him live.

So it's cool to congratulate a ? for coming out the closet? but the same dudes quick another person a ? if he's suspect? he aint the only ? ? on this planet bruh so why even make a big deal about it? some of ya'll are backwards as hell
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    lol... only reason he ever saw the court was to grab and foul ? . Makes perfect sense.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't care if he's ? , do you my dude, but SMMFH at trying to make him out to be a ? Jackie Robinson and ? . There is no comparison!! None! Zero!! First of all nobody really knew this guy before he came out, second of all he is a ? . He will never be a guy to make a difference in a game!! He is the clean up man! He gets garbage points when the game is out of hand. I'm ready to see who is going to reach hard for this guy and sign him to their team?? Lol @ him selling more jerseys than Lebron and starting somewhere because of that eventually
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    For those familiar with Ray J's new song...

344egrt.jpg

shots fired at chris bosh

Chris-Bosh.jpg
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2317255/Jason-Collins-I-idea-? -Carolyn-Moos-shocked-NBA-stars-announcement.html
    'I had no idea he was ? ': Jason Collins' former fiancee of EIGHT YEARS said she is shocked at NBA star's announcement

The former fiancee of NBA star Jason Collins said today she had no idea that he was ? , despite dating him for eight years.

Carolyn Moos, 34, broke up with Collins - who became the first openly ? , active player when he came out yesterday - in 2009 when he cancelled their wedding, leaving her heartbroken and confused.

The 6'5" former WNBA player said she was shocked when Collins delivered the news to her last weekend and confessed that was the real reason he ended their relationship.

She told TMZ: 'It's very emotional for me as a woman to have invested eight years in my dream to have a husband, soul mate, and best friend in him. So this is all hard to understand.

'I care about [Jason] tremendously and only want the best for him. I want Jason to be happy for a lifetime and stay true to who he really is, inside and out.'

Carolyn Moos is from Minnesota but currently lives in LA. She is an American model, personal trainer, nutrition consultant and a former collegiate and professional basketball player.

The 34-year-old Stanford graduate runs FITT4Life which promotes nutrition personal training, yoga and overall wellness. She is also a certified personal trainer and is a clothes ambassador for Method Boutique.

Collins said today that he has always known he was ? but fought it for years.

In an interview with ABC, he said: 'I always knew I was ? , its like you know that the sky is blue but you keep telling yourself it is red.

'I fought it for a long time but when you finally get to the point of acceptance there is nothing more beautiful. It feels incredible.'

article-2317255-198F46EA000005DC-799_634x677.jpg

I'm sure nobody in media will criticize this former down low ass ? ? .. for leading this broad on for 8 years.. These aren't the actions of "hero" as the media trying to portray him as IMO.. you would think a "hero" wouldn't do something like this even it was just for show...

Smh @ this dude polluting this snow bunny ? with the down low antics.
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    LOL @ the title of this article.

Obama Praises Jason Collins, Who Can Say ‘I’m Still 7 Foot Tall And Can Bang With Shaq’

The writer couldnt wait to put that out there. Collins should of chose his words wisely during this situation.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/04/obama-praises-jason-collins-who-can-say-im-still-7-foot-tall-and-can-bang-with-shaq/
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't he have a twin brother? Is the other one a ? ? If so, he bout to have all these ? ass homos tryin to wife him up cause he rich. 3pts n 3 rebounds? That's ? .
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    This was the only way that ? would ever get on the cover of sports illustrated.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    This was the only way that ? would ever get on the cover of sports illustrated.

half da CS dont understand Jason Collins frustration until his ? ass is on ya team thankfully i only had to deal wit him for a half a year
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    I don't like ? .

No ? given about ? people.

There's a difference, but most of the time they're one in the same.

Don't get mad when the Klansman say the same thing about black folks.

I'm assuming your black.

being black and being ? is NOT the same thing... yall acting like coming out being ? is a new thing... I think the media is so "pro ? " now that some are taking advantage of it now... He is one... He is @ the end of his contract and prolly his career he using his sexuality 2 his advantage..

When did he ever say that? I don't know why ? keep mentioning this.

Claiming that another group faces discrimination is not the same as saying, "this groups discrimination is as bad as this other group."

Just because discrimination ? face is not as bad as the discrimination blacks face doesn't make it not discrimination.

If a person doesn't want to be discriminated against, but then they go and discriminate another group based on race or gender attraction, then they're a hypocrite, regardless of the level of discrimination either group faces.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? or not. that ? been a goof ball imo
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    I don't like ? .

I'm assuming your black.

being black and being ? is NOT the same thing... yall acting like coming out being ? is a new thing... I think the media is so "pro ? " now that some are taking advantage of it now... He is one... He is @ the end of his contract and prolly his career he using his sexuality 2 his advantage..

Claiming that another group faces discrimination is not the same as saying, "this groups discrimination is as bad as this other group."

Just because discrimination ? face is not as bad as the discrimination blacks face doesn't make it not discrimination.

If a person doesn't want to be discriminated against, but then they go and discriminate another group based on race or gender attraction, then they're a hypocrite, regardless of the level of discrimination either group faces.

No...

Some people based on their beliefs/religion view sexuality as an issue of morality. If you want to be 100 about it not you, myself or anyone else can tell them that they are wrong for their beliefs. Only that we disagree.

And the same way we believe people who don't condone homosexuality shouldn't force their beliefs on others is the same way those that don't mind it shouldn't force their beliefs on them.

How the ? can we talk about "live and let live" and then tell another individual they have to agree with everything someone else does. Miss me with that stupidity. As long as it doesn't cross the line into disrespect then live your life.

There's still overt and closet racists all throughout the country and I don't see any public outcries trying to convert them. We just recognize what they are, deal with them accordingly and push forward from there.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    I don't like ? .

I'm assuming your black.

No...

Some people based on their beliefs/religion view sexuality as an issue of morality. If you want to be 100 about not you, myself or anyone else can tell them that they are wrong for their beliefs. Only that we disagree.

And the same way we believe people who don't condone homosexuality shouldn't force their beliefs on others is the same way those that don't mind it shouldn't force their beliefs on them.

I'm not telling them that their wrong, I'm telling them that they're a bigot. However, if you choose to be a bigot, you can't just say, "oh, but my beliefs say etc etc, and expect people to just look past their bigoted views.

There are plenty of things in peoples belief systems that are not accepted by mainstream society, such as

stoning
    polygamy
    sacrifices
    refusal of modern day medical treatment for a minor, etc.

There are some beliefs that condone slavery, should we just allow those people to enslave people?
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    I don't like ? .

I'm assuming your black.

No...

Some people based on their beliefs/religion view sexuality as an issue of morality. If you want to be 100 about not you, myself or anyone else can tell them that they are wrong for their beliefs. Only that we disagree.

I'm not telling them that their wrong, I'm telling them that they're a bigot. However, if you choose to be a bigot, you can't just say, "oh, but my beliefs say etc etc, and expect people to just look past their bigoted views.

There are plenty of things in peoples belief systems that are not accepted by mainstream society, such as

stoning
    polygamy
    sacrifices
    refusal of modern day medical treatment for a minor, etc.

There are some beliefs that condone slavery, should we just allow those people to enslave people?

That's the thing though... get past those that would do harm to people just b/c their ? . Identifying that as wrong is beyond obvious. Of course I want the man that commits lynchings to be persecuted but I wouldn't suggest that for the person that just dislikes black people. Like I said before, recognize the latter for who he/she is and deal accordingly.

Stoning, slavery, sacrifices, etc aren't in the same discussion. That's doing ? harm to an individual and goes beyond just moral values. Those are actions that people incorrectly use morals to justify.

However I do feel it is in the same vein as polygamy. Ironic you would bring that up though b/c you would never get as many people to SERIOUSLY support that in this country the same way they do homosexuality. And we would never classify those in opposition of polygamy as bigots either.

Nor would we call a person who says, "they would never date a fat chick," b/c they find them repulsive a bigot. Even though that's damn near the same as people saying they find homosexuality repulsive.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in the words of 40 water ewwwwwww........that ? always looked suspect since his stanford days, the ? got the urge....

Joe Staley from the SF 49ers is ? also
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    being "sorry for anyone that i offended" isn't really an apology tho. It's more or less saying, "i'm sorry that you got upset at what I said, but i still meant what i said"

Anybody that still needs to told this in 2013 lost

every muhfuggin famous cracka that slipped up and got caught saying racist ? done pulled this trick

"I apologize if anyone was offended by me saying all spearchuckers should go back to Africa and farm watermelons..."

http://youtu.be/THVjdKDCE6E
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    OF COURSE they're gonna compare it to Jackie Robinson even though its a pretty bad comparison. (Robinson = Top 5 2nd basemen at WORST)

Who the ? else they gonna compare it to? Can any of ya'll name the first Latino quarterback or the first openly Lesbian tennis player or the first Asian hockey player? Yeah, exactly. There's a popular movie in theaters. Jackie Robinson always gonna be the first name to pop up when people think "First (insert minority) __________ player", so that's what lazy reporters are gonna go with.

But that don't mean they gon suddenly front like Collins gon have to deal w/ 0.0001% of what Robinson did, ain't nobody gonna throw ? at this man when he's on the court, ain't no players gon try to hurt him w/ ? plays, ain't no crowds gonna chant slurs, ain't no hotel gonna deny the WHOLE TEAM entry cuz they anti-? , etc. We all know this, they all know this.

Stephen A was right, the real story isn't him, the real story is how ridiculous it is that it took THIS ? LONG for an active male Big 4 sport athlete to come clean. We all know there been ? players on the DL and we'd all be shocked if Dennis Rodman crazy-azz DIDN'T touch a ? that wasn't his at some point.

some ? be on this childish petty ? where they act like no other group of ppl ever had to struggle to get rights, like black people own the exclusive trademark copyrights to being oppressed. ? please
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop listening to gossip. I was told by an elder that gossip is nothing more than a form of Voodoo. This is why girls gossip on other girls right now- to hex them; throw them off their game. If you look on the front page of allhiphop now in the gossip column they are recycling an old rumor about Beyonce stealing somebodies swag. And everybody knows that most girls are jealous of Beyonce. When gossip is repeated over and over again it becomes reality. The act of becoming reality is a form of Voodoo.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh... ? in here talkin about magic now?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a reason why he waited till now to come out.