Kevin Durant is the most overrated player in the NBA

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    all I know is with his size damn near 7 ft he gotta play better d and rebound. get easy buckets instead of jumpers cuz when the j aint fallin like last game then what?.....

Durant been averaging 7-8 rebounds a game for the last 4 years.Everybody can't be larry bird he rebounds good for a sf.His problem is he looks for refs to bail him out too much and can't adapt to physical play like all bony ? .If durant had lebrons or melo's or pierce's frame he could attack the paint all day but he's not built like that
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Durant is wild overrated. Give me Westbrook melo Dwight LeBron curry wade Kobe over him. Still very good just not 2nd
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIm tryna figure out why yall ? is just killing Durants defense when i could make the argument he was defending better than anyone else in that starting line up. This is silly, i cant believe we even have to discuss this. Yall gonna pretend Z.Bo didnt turn Ibaka into a fright night victim the way he was puttin on a clinic vs the leading shot blocker in the league? We gonna sit here and act like Marko didnt do way better vs Kendric foul machine Perkins than his brother pau ever did? Conely didnt cook Jackson? I mean seriously, ? is actin like Tayshon Prince went off and dropped 50 on KD.

All that needs to be said is the Grizzlies did a great job at controling the tempo in their games, gettin better bench production, making sure they played solid contest all shots defense. OKC didnt lose because of KD not being a force. ? wasnt getting double and tripple teamed in the forth quarter for nothing
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Prophetic

And you ? expect him to win the west over kobe? :confused:

You're right.

Ever since you said that, he's won the west, and has gotten further in the playoffs than the Lakers all 3 years.

U da GOAT
    /sarcasm
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea scoring 41 on galo is real impressive. Can't wait to see him do that against battier and tony allen.

In a crazy sorta way this post was prophetic...KD got outed by Battier in the finals and Tony Allen this year...But he was still getting buckets...
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Durant is wild overrated. Give me Westbrook melo Dwight LeBron curry wade Kobe over him. Still very good just not 2nd

Everything is the bold is blasphemy..............Instead of just blaming KD which he almost avg a triple double how about giving the Grizz credit for a great gameplan....wear Durant ass out the whole game they were at least 2 to 3 defenders in face all the time
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hahahaahaha, that nikka said he owuld take wade over KD.....wow lol
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Durant is a jump shooter, albeit a very good one, who needs to add some sort of a low post game. And I feel like defense in the present NBA is more about if a player is on his game on any particular night because no star can shut down another star with the lack of hand checking and ? .
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    welp we kno where dis is goin......
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SupremeXXV wrote: »
    Durant is a jump shooter, albeit a very good one, who needs to add some sort of a low post game. And I feel like defense in the present NBA is more about if a player is on his game on any particular night because no star can shut down another star with the lack of hand checking and ? .

saying this is lazy at this point

anybody who watched Durant play this year know he has a post game but at the end of the day, he's a wing player

• Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Kevin Durant overall in 2k needs to be like 84
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    SupremeXXV wrote: »

saying this is lazy at this point

anybody who watched Durant play this year know he has a post game but at the end of the day, he's a wing player

I feel you, I just believe he let's the defense off easy by relying on his jumper so much. Should I say get stronger in the post?

• DR. JEK
    Options
    KD dont need to do ? but get better at the pace that hes goin. Hes been in 5 years won 4 scoring titles primarily off the perimeter. Dude shoots lots of jumpers mostly and still shoots 50% per season. When you are that deadly from mid and long range why the ? he need a post up game? If he develops one then thats great but clearly he hasnt needed one to have scoring in this league on lockdown. You guys are over reacting instead of realizing that maybe, just maybe memphis is just kryptonite to super athletic teams. They did send the lobcity ? home in dominating fashion. Start giving them guys their just due and stop making it about what KD doesnt have in his arsenal. ...the guy can hit shots from anywhere on the court. Thats all that matters
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Durantula is the truth but one great player will never beat a good team by himself.
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kd is still the best player in the league after Bron. But people are acting like Memphis is a fluke. I said it 2 months ago. They are solid in all facets of the game and solid at all 5 positions on the court. Don't be suprised if they scrape the Heat.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Durant is basically a tall Jason Terry now? ? wow!! can't wait to tell the ? at the barbershop this ? tommorow. That statement gonna get some huge laughs. When has Terry ever cooked in the olympics? Oh yeah, that's right........he wasn't good enough to be on the squads! I have no idea what the ? some of you guys be smoking on. Its bad taste even to attempt to troll in that blasphamous disrespectful level. How dare y'all compare this man to multiple scrub role players just off being prisoner of the moment with this memphis series
  • TwelveTwentyNine
    TwelveTwentyNine Members Posts: 64
    Options
    Kevin Durant is a good player but He has never shown that he can carry the load for his team without another high level talent around him. I have never thought the Talent level gap between Harden , Westbrook , and Durant was as big as the media claimed. They all complimented each other but the lion's share of the Praise was given to Durant , the Blame to Westbrook and James Harden was relegated to being a Nice Role Player . I think the Thunder Front Office brought into his Hype too much and overvalued Serge Ibaka because they should have never traded James Harden. Now is Kevin Durant the most overrated player in the NBA, No the most overrated player in the NBA is Chris Paul and the most overrated position by far is Point Guard. Unless your name is Magic Johnson or you have Tim Duncan as the anchor of your superstar core you won't be sniffing the Larry O'Bryant trophy .
  • TwelveTwentyNine
    TwelveTwentyNine Members Posts: 64
    Options
    plocc wrote: »
    Kd is still the best player in the league after Bron. But people are acting like Memphis is a fluke. I said it 2 months ago. They are solid in all facets of the game and solid at all 5 positions on the court. Don't be suprised if they scrape the Heat.

Memphis ain't that good. Their offense is suspect to say the least and the Heat are a better defensive team than the

Thunder and have more depth and better star players . The Heat love to trap and the Grizz don't have a lot of

quality ball handlers. Most of their perimeter players aren't really scoring threats so dwade and lebron can be even

more aggressive in the passing lanes or take off plays(dwade) defensively. Memphis also doesn't have a lot of team

speed and lacks the players needed to create late in the shot clock which is important against the Heat. Offensive

Rebounding and Defense can only take you so far. Unless Marc/Zbo are putting up 30 each in every game and then

grabbing 15 boards they don't have a chance of winning the series
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Memphis ain't that good. Their offense is suspect to say the least and the Heat are a better defensive team than the

Thunder and have more depth and better star players . The Heat love to trap and the Grizz don't have a lot of

quality ball handlers. Most of their perimeter players aren't really scoring threats so dwade and lebron can be even

more aggressive in the passing lanes or take off plays(dwade) defensively. Memphis also doesn't have a lot of team

speed and lacks the players needed to create late in the shot clock which is important against the Heat. Offensive

Rebounding and Defense can only take you so far. Unless Marc/Zbo are putting up 30 each in every game and then

Why does Memphis have a better record against the heat than any other team. I think Memphis has only lost twice to the heat since they've had Lebron...
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

Why does Memphis have a better record against the heat than any other team. I think Memphis has only lost twice to the heat since they've had Lebron...

Memphis is 3-2 against the Heat...that's not really saying much. Can't really recall other teams record against the Heat but the Celtics and Bulls have had success against them in the regular season.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The heat looked terrible against the Bulls....and yes I know they won the series 4-1 against the Bulls 2nd and 3rd stringers and an injured Noah
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    I definitely give the Griz a chance vs the Heat. Lol you dont have to trap like the heat do to play good defense. They are big strong guys with alotta lenght in which the heat usually has trouble with. If Ibacka can get ate up by Zbo as bad as he did, i know Cris Bosh will have a hard time with him. Gasol can hold his own on the backboards with birdman. Conelly is better than noris cole and mario chalmers. Then you have tony allen on wade which i think will be fun to watch. Tashon wont stop bron like he could once apon a time but i think he has enoigh experience against him to atleast keep him from goin nuts. Memphis has jarod bayless a very good ball handler coming off the bench and if im not mistaken Memphis was ranked first or second in the league in steals(i gotta check that but i think im in the ball park).

Yeah, i dont know what ? is talking about. The Griz mirrors the teams that give the heat problems like the bulls and pacers, only i think the griz is better from a scoring perspective inside than those other two teams.
This discussion has been closed.