M$ XBOX Reveal - "A Real Taste Of The Future" #pause

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options

I really am coming off like a Sony fan boy

Considering that you posted 2 articles in here that have NOTHING to do with the Xbox One and everything to do with PS4 instead of posting them in the PS4 thread where they belong, yeah you really are.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    do ya'll really research for these certain things like the GDDR5 and which which GPU CU's are better because I bet none ya'll were thinking about that when ya'll bought the ps3 or xbox 360 so why should it matter now?

It was the sole reason why a lot of 3rd party multiplat games ran better on 360 than on ps3, and its why games will run better on PS4
    nobody is thinking about that when they're in the store when they purchase a console one of the big reasons why people were on the ps3 was because of the blu ray even tho it was high as ? at the time

But, the blu-ray was the PS3/XBOX360 analog to the GDDR5/DDR3 debate. Having a Blu-ray player was a key hardware difference between the two systems this generation. The different types of RAM are the key hardware difference between the two systems next generation. You don't have to become an expert on the two types of RAM to understand that these developers are out here saying that one will be better for game development than other just like you didn't have to be an expert on Blu-Ray and HDDVD to understand that people were projecting that one would take off and the other would fail.

You're arguing with the wrong person there bruh ........ let it be
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol So now every body tech geeks and comparing ? they never heard of a week ago.... stop it slime.. if ? was really into specs they would be PC gamers... @vageneral got some slept on posts
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    Lol So now every body tech geeks and comparing ? they never heard of a week ago.... stop it slime.. if ? was really into specs they would be PC gamers... @vageneral got some slept on posts

Why do people say ? like this as if every game that comes out on consoles comes out on the PC? Even if you acknowledge that the PC hardware is better, that doesn't mean anything at all if the games you want don't go to the PC or are not as popular on the PC.

Not to mention that more than one developer has come out and said that despite not being as technically advanced as some of the higher level PCs, the PS4's architecture makes it better for gaming than nearly any PC available now. Whether that's true or not I don't know, but it's not as simple as "If you wanted the best gaming, you'd get a PC."
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    I never said " if you wanted the best gaming go to PC" I said if ? were really into specs they would be PC gamers.. point blank. Since when has it been a rule that you can game on consoles and PC?? Cuz my old roommate was a PC gamer and EVERY are I had he had in PC.. and the ? always looked 3x better .. ppl only pulling out specs right now cuz its obvious that its leaning towards ps4 being more technologically better than Xbox one.. but if I'm not mistaken the ps3 was more powerful than the 360.. but that ? didn't matter cuz 360 won this gen war
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never said " if you wanted the best gaming go to PC" I said if ? were really into specs they would be PC gamers.. point blank. Since when has it been a rule that you can game on consoles and PC?? Cuz my old roommate was a PC gamer and EVERY are I had he had in PC.. and the ? always looked 3x better .. ppl only pulling out specs right now cuz its obvious that its leaning towards ps4 being more technologically better than Xbox one.. but if I'm not mistaken the ps3 was more powerful than the 360.. but that ? didn't matter cuz 360 won this gen war

The point is everybody pics their gaming system based one what they believe will provide the best gaming experience. Your idea that being knowledgeable about specs = PC gamer is false. You can acknowledge that PCs have better hardware and still believe console gaming is better, and in that case you'd most likely be a console gamer.

And people are pulling out specs in the PS4/XB1 battle because right now, that's really all they have to go on. When more information about games and extras come out, then the debate will move to that. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the PS3 has surpassed the 360 in overall sales at this point, so by the time this generation is dead and buried, the PS3 could be the winner. Even if it isn't, the loss will have more to do with non-gaming factors (release date, initial price) than anything gaming related.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The most powerful console and handheld has lost....every.single.generation.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    ...Not to mention that more than one developer has come out and said that despite not being as technically advanced as some of the higher level PCs, the PS4's architecture makes it better for gaming than nearly any PC available now. Whether that's true or not I don't know, but it's not as simple as "If you wanted the best gaming, you'd get a PC."
    While it's always been true that if you could perfectly code a game to perfectly take advantage of a system's hardware, your theoretical yield could surpass the performance of superior hardware; such coding will still take a significant amount of time and resources. It's not something that will be present out of the gate, developers will have to learn the hardware and refine their processes as they produce games for the system. This is why--for example--games developed later in a console's life cycle can look/perform better than games developed early on.

If one is using a console's theoretical future yield to compare it with the hardware of PCs at the time of the console's release; they are neglecting to consider the fact that PC hardware improves at a rate faster than the performance increase due to optimized coding in consoles. Since the release of the PS3, the graphical power of PCs has improved roughly tenfold.

So, it's only a partially-true statement.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @vageneral got some slept on posts
    He also thinks pro wrestling is real and WWE win loss stats mean something
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    @vageneral got some slept on posts
    He also thinks pro wrestling is real and WWE win loss stats mean something

HHH has the "stats" to prove he belongs in the HOF!!
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    All I'm saying is console gamers (like myself) need to wait u til more details come out about both systems before we declare either side superior.. I'm gonna cop both either way so it won't matter to me
  • Broddie
    Options
    Details? what details? I rather have a bunch of neckbeards who would call me a ? or ? on XBL make up my mind for me with their uninformed opinions instead.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of yall acting like yall will die for this ? lol Ima wait and see what they have to offer at E3
  • Broddie
    Options
    Some of yall acting like yall will die for this ? lol Ima wait and see what they have to offer at E3

Most people with common sense are. But how does that old saying go again? "common sense is not so common".
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Most people with common sense are. But how does that old saying go again? "common sense is not so common".

Tell me about it. i mean i was as unimpressed as the next guy with xbox one's unveiling but some of these concerns are crazy. and probably conjured up by the conspiracy theorist groups. such as the kinect watching what your doing at all times and invading your privacy. like microsoft would have 24 hrs of monitoring streaming millions of xbox's around the globe just waiting for the off chance someone mentions a brand of a product they could potentially be sold over live. there's no data MS can get from the kinect that u already havent given away to facebook and google for free
  • vageneral08
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »

Tell me about it. i mean i was as unimpressed as the next guy with xbox one's unveiling but some of these concerns are crazy. and probably conjured up by the conspiracy theorist groups. such as the kinect watching what your doing at all times and invading your privacy. like microsoft would have 24 hrs of monitoring streaming millions of xbox's around the globe just waiting for the off chance someone mentions a brand of a product they could potentially be sold over live. there's no data MS can get from the kinect that u already havent given away to facebook and google for free

The same guys who are making those threads are the same guys who talk ? about mircosoft dont believe everything you read bruh
  • vageneral08
    Options
    lol@ koa getting banned again....what a ?
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • vageneral08
    Options
    lol@ ghetto ass controller
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    lol @ his sister holding the camera
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

So the biggest draws are hand motions for TV/DVD menus and ? recognition... on a gaming console?

XBOX fanboys lost.

• Broddie
    edited May 2013
    Options
    That guy is no better than the Sony fanboys.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

I failed to see the Ether in this video.....
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol that vid is hilarious