Who on here thinks J.cole>>>>>Drizzy Drake and why?

Options
international
international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
I could understand the argument for K.dot, but what's the argument for Cole on being better than Drake?

http://youtu.be/x-3epeX_tjI

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cause i like him (nh) and not drake...is that good enough?
  • Zigefresh
    Zigefresh Members Posts: 233 ✭✭
    Options
    J Cole is basically a wacker version Drake from his production to his singing to his actual raps. Hard truth.

People seem to like him because he's more of a regular guy vibe and the underdog.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only Jigga Warriors think that.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cole is a better rapper, thus far drake has made better albums. Friday NIght Lights/Warm Up> anything drake has done. Really doesn't matter though they both dope as ?
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cole is a better rapper, thus far drake has made better albums. Friday NIght Lights/Warm Up> anything drake has done. Really doesn't matter though they both dope as ?

All of this.
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake is better.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited June 2013
    Options
    BTW Drake is a corny ass ? but I really don't give a ? about rappers personalities as long as they make good music. There are exceptions, like Wale's annoying ass but they're few and far between
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cole is better cause Drake sucks
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    My homie is a fan of j cole and gets heated when I call him the poor mans drake. That being said I have no clue rather he is better than drake. Clearly drake is a better song writer, but who's the better rapper is something to debate. J cole puts me to sleep before I can truly dissect his music.
  • international
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    I relate more to J Cole. A lot of his songs focus on internal conflict

1287534338_qoE9S.jpg

Even his logo expresses it, that mental struggle between bad and good. Makes for great lyrics imo

hmmm, best argument so far, very good point too...
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Drake comes off as a corny ass ? that whines too dam much for me."

Exact quote from a female friend of mine & I agree. no lie

You can be a cool ass ? without trying to be hard. Drizzy a lame ass ? failing to be that guy.
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Listening to a full Drake album will have a grown man @ Walgreens buying a box of tampons for himself....he just don't make music for me....but I don't think drake is wack but the majority of his music is wack

close thread please
  • international
    Options
    "Drake comes off as a corny ass ? that whines too dam much for me."

Exact quote from a female friend of mine & I agree. no lie

You can be a cool ass ? without trying to be hard. Drizzy a lame ass ? failing to be that guy.
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Listening to a full Drake album will have a grown man @ Walgreens buying a box of tampons for himself....he just don't make music for me....but I don't think drake is wack but the majority of his music is wack

close thread please

No. Why stop others from commenting just cause you feel you got what you wanted out of the thread, smh...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cole is simply a better rapper
    Drake isn't ? without 40.
    Cole is more relatable.
    Drake has gotten worse and his subject matter is one dimensional and he is completely selfabsorbed
    I dare you to find a Drake song without the words "me"or "I"
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cole is far more versatile in terms of flows and subject matter and is a better lyricist. Also he produces and is a better story teller. And he's far more relatable. Drake is barely a rapper, if we're being honest.
  • international
    Options
    Cole is more relatable.
    Drake has gotten worse and his subject matter is one dimensional and he is completely selfabsorbed

Another good point, I could see how he's (drake) becoming more and more self absorbed and how Cole is more relatable, like someone else said, he like represents the guy next door, but in drake's defence most artists use music as a medium for expression, to express themselves, almost like a reflection of their life and context...and While Cole gets credit for being more insightful and relatable, to an extent he is also very self absorbed In the sense that he too is very self analytical, which is the same thing, although they channel it differently thru that same platform(music).
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    Cole is more relatable.

You say drake is selfabsorbed... but you like wale. The rapper who declares his own ? classic and says that people that say his music isn't as good as it used to be are just mad because he made it..
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he's a better rapper
    he aint as soft as ? drake
    he wasnt wheelchair jimmy
    drake keeps rapping about the same ? everyone in ym raps about, ? boring, he makes catchy hooks every now and then
    Cole World >>>>> thank me later
    Friday Night Lights & The Warm Up >>>> any drake mixtape
  • international
    Options
    Don't agree with those saying that cole got way better mixtapes, regardless if drake make rnb cuts or not, So far gone is more than comparable with the mixtapes that Cole put out, let's be real now...
  • Returnofthemac1990
    Returnofthemac1990 Members Posts: 413
    Options
    Depends in what aspect. But overall drake got it over cole... Lemme hear Born Sinner though. I would take Sideline Story over Thank Me Later.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    both are dope as ? to me. but you can argue that comeback season > FNL... i don't think Warm up tho. but technically cole has been spitting better ? then Drake but cole world not even seeing TML imo or Take Care. we will see after Born sinner.
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake isn't wack but he be on some ? I can't ? wit.. like he wish he could be aaliyah for a day wild some ? .. then he'll drop a hyfr and I'll ? wit him.. cole just be on some ? like he live in your head.. let drake do a "power trip" and watch it be all feminine.. cole do some ? like that and you don't feel ? wit your Windows down..