Options

Comments

• BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »

XBO format is much more developer and publisher friendly in terms of implementing anti piracy standards and other avenues to make revenue off their software than the PS4 is. This has been common knowledge for weeks now.

txboi_09 wrote: »

Didnt realize it was that hard of a concept to grasp, thanks.

Soooo your point was that the XB1 is more concentrated on having quality gaming than the PS4 because Microsoft has taken a more publisher friendly stance despite the fact that every developer interviewed so far has expressed great anticipation in making games for the PS4 even knowing what Sony's policies are?

If that's your point I guess I grasp it, but tell me why it's a good one again.

I expect quality gaming on PS4. The same way I got quality gaming on PSX and PS2. The basis of the convo between txboi and myself wasn't really about that though. The Xbox One is more attractive to publishers and devs as far as the bottom line of protecting their investment goes. So naturally you will see more devs gravitate towards them for that reason hence why they had more exclusives to harp on about than Sony did at their E3 press conferences. It doesn't mean you won't see quality games on PS4 from many devs.

I can't really say you're wrong there. I was more responding to the idea that Microsoft was somehow more focused on providing quality gaming. From what we've heard from developers, Sony has actually done more early reaching out to garner interest in their system especially among up and coming developers.

Sony's conference just reaked of trying too hard. Saying the word "gamers" over and over again doesn't manifest actual games.

Gotta agree here too. For all the talk they made about it being a gaming system first and foremost, they didn't exactly blow Microsoft out of the water when it came to the games they announced. If it turns out that FFXV and KH3 aren't PS4 exclusives, then it's safe to say MS blew Sony out of the water when it came to games announced.

I watched both conferences and Sony still showed more exclusives than MS.... The exclusives you saw from MS didnt seem appealing at all....
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Xbox had the better conference game-wise, Sony had the better conference fan service-wise. Ironic that Microsoft had the exclusives this time.

It makes sense though developers gonna go to the system that gets them the bigger return on their investment.

This is correct but it is funny that a console that is so developer and publisher friendly also alienates so many gamers.

Yeah its either you get the support of the consumers or the support of the publishers and developers it seems. i guess Microsoft is banking on quality games trumping the less expensive more customer friendly console.

I don't get your point here. PS4 has pretty much all the major developers on board. They've also reached out to a bunch of talented Indy designers. What makes you think that there won't be a ton of quality games on the PS4. You might not be interested in the games they showed for the PS4 but can you really say they don't look like good games. Like I said, I don't really care for any of the games they showed for the XB1, but a few of them did look good.

XBO format is much more developer and publisher friendly in terms of implementing anti piracy standards and other avenues to make revenue off their software than the PS4 is. This has been common knowledge for weeks now.

Cliffy b said the opposite he said MS fd up and the ps4 is easier to develop more and is just a flat out better console.

Now with keywords reiterated in bold:

"XBO format is much more developer and publisher friendly in terms of implementing anti piracy standards and other avenues to make revenue off their software than the PS4 is. This has been common knowledge for weeks now."

Learn to read more carefully. We're not talking about the same thing here.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Again fees to game online are okay now??

But Xbox live was more expensive, tho.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I still don't think it's been stated for sure that you have to pay to play online for the PS4. The paid service for the PS4 is supposed to offer discount games, cloud access, and a bunch of other perks in addition to multi-player. That still sounds to me like they have two different services.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Soooo your point was that the XB1 is more concentrated on having quality gaming than the PS4 because Microsoft has taken a more publisher friendly stance despite the fact that every developer interviewed so far has expressed great anticipation in making games for the PS4 even knowing what Sony's policies are?

I expect quality gaming on PS4. The same way I got quality gaming on PSX and PS2. The basis of the convo between txboi and myself wasn't really about that though. The Xbox One is more attractive to publishers and devs as far as the bottom line of protecting their investment goes. So naturally you will see more devs gravitate towards them for that reason hence why they had more exclusives to harp on about than Sony did at their E3 press conferences. It doesn't mean you won't see quality games on PS4 from many devs.

I can't really say you're wrong there. I was more responding to the idea that Microsoft was somehow more focused on providing quality gaming. From what we've heard from developers, Sony has actually done more early reaching out to garner interest in their system especially among up and coming developers.

Sony's conference just reaked of trying too hard. Saying the word "gamers" over and over again doesn't manifest actual games.

Gotta agree here too. For all the talk they made about it being a gaming system first and foremost, they didn't exactly blow Microsoft out of the water when it came to the games they announced. If it turns out that FFXV and KH3 aren't PS4 exclusives, then it's safe to say MS blew Sony out of the water when it came to games announced.

I watched both conferences and Sony still showed more exclusives than MS.... The exclusives you saw from MS didnt seem appealing at all....

yea, but while catering to the Indie gamers is nice, you know we ain't buying none of them until we get it free on PS+.

Even though most of the stuff I'm interested in is multiplat (FIFA, Division and MGS5) MS' conference had a slight edge for me because they showed more games I'm interested in (even though they will be on both). Sony spent too much time trying to cater to everybody (which is good) but the boring stuff could have been dealt with after the main conference.

That's just my selfish opinion though. Didn't actually see MS's conference, but the highlights got me. Maybe it was the same as Sony's to some of you.

Problem is now .......... gotta buy three systems this year.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

yea, but while catering to the Indie gamers is nice, you know we ain't buying none of them until we get it free on PS+.

Even though most of the stuff I'm interested in is multiplat (FIFA, Division and MGS5) MS' conference had a slight edge for me because they showed more games I'm interested in (even though they will be on both). Sony spent too much time trying to cater to everybody (which is good) but the boring stuff could have been dealt with after the main conference.

That's just my selfish opinion though. Didn't actually see MS's conference, but the highlights got me. Maybe it was the same as Sony's to some of you.

Problem is now .......... gotta buy three systems this year.
    Why would anyone say a console is better based off of games that both consoles will have that makes no sense.... Madden looked like complete ? . MGS5 doesn't look as good as some of Sonys exclusives (yet I really don't care MGS5 is a first day buy) MGS5 gameplay was shown awhile back (wasn't it shown at Sonys conference I don't remember? I just remember seeing a gameplay awhile back) How does showing me what Im getting on both consoles make me want to buy that specific one.

I don't even know if I care about watchdog assassins creed or destiny either. I care who has the best quality exclusives. If MS was putting out ? like ? of war and uncharted it would be ? Sony in a second.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I don't know. The Indie games might be a good move if they set the prices right. You can't tell me you wouldn't like being able to pick up some PS4 games out of the store for $20 because they are made by lesser known developers.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    400 ... will be hard not to first day cop
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Buying games is okay now?

only until Ck hacks the XB1 and I can mod again
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    InFamous 3 and KillZone 3. Dope.

I forgot about The Dark Sorcerer. That ? looked really good too. My problem is, its made by Quantum Dream and I remember the tech demo for Heavy Rain being nothing like the actual game. That could happen again. But I think Sony said the game was on the showfloor? Hopefully some gameplay pops up this week.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I'm curious how Sony is going to handle the formerly free to play games like Blacklight. That's one of the few upcoming FPS games I think looks pretty dope. That said, I can't see spending very much on it considering it's ben free to play on the PC for quite a while now.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Looks like we are entering the golden age of video gaming.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options

I still don't think it's been stated for sure that you have to pay to play online for the PS4. The paid service for the PS4 is supposed to offer discount games, cloud access, and a bunch of other perks in addition to multi-player. That still sounds to me like they have two different services.
    Tretton said that ? in a really slick, subtle way and I think it went over a lot of people's heads. He didn't explicitly state that we would have to pay for online multiplayer, he said that people would be able to play single player games while being online on PS4 for free.

• reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are the rumors true?! They are bring Star Wars Battlefront back!?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Yea they showed a quick ? teaser.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    iuQoohgJvbKKV.gif

^ general consensus cause Sony was humbled from last gens disasters and played their cards right this E3 while MS adopted the same arrogance Sony had from PS2 to PS3 as soon as Sony dropped it.

To me MS won it games wise no contest. Microsoft Studios hit hard by not only financing the new Dead Rising game but with also publishing Ryse and Sunset Overdrive in my opinion which look really damn good. Those latter 2 along with Below and Crimson Dragon made up 4 of the new IP's they promised. Others will say Microsoft Studios went HAM by publishing Killer Instinct and Project Spark another new IP.

While others will praise Microsoft itself for bagging up Titanfall as a 3rd party exclusive. Either way they really went to town with exclusive games you could only find on Xbox One that actually look worth a damn. I was impressed when I wasn't expecting to be impressed. All this without them showing the game I really wanted to see yet; Quantum Break.

Definitely better than the showcases for any software published by Sony for PS4 to me but Sony had the better consumer policies and pricing by far.

I wonder how long before MS

1) Cuts the price

2) Restructures the DRM ?

3) Gets rid of the stupid "be online at least ever 24 hours or no gaming for you" rule

I predict #3 will come sooner than later now that they definitely need to reach as many potential users as possible. 2 does nothing for me but a lot of the jaded 360 guys that defected may bite the bait. 1 I was going to wait on regardless because I'm not paying $500 for any home console and now with $399 and a possible Wii U price cut coming up they can't afford to be that far off. Even Sony had to concede from $599 sooner than they expected to.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Stopped reading at MS won it game wise. That's the only ? i give any ? about.
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh ? e3 started today???
    4 hunna for a ps4, robo cop. Less than a ipad.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Stopped reading at MS won it game wise. That's the only ? i give any ? about.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is just a blind hater. Which is probably why you went "la la la won't read". I know these things are subjective but even the Sony loyalists at GAF admit that Microsoft Studios came through with the software on a better level than SCE did. There was just much more on a blockbuster scale that you truly could find ONLY ON XBOX.

The thing is most people weren't concerned about the games. But about other issues. Sony capitalized on that like any smart business would.

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The moment Sony won E3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ-To7WJyWs

Sony dealt with that.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Implying i'm not a microbot.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Implying i'm not a microbot.
    Wow what's sad about that is if the same games were PS4 exclusive you wouldn't even know how to act in terms of excitement. Pitiful to deprive yourself of a good game down the road because of something so trivial. If a game looks good it looks good. If Microsoft came with ? that looked lame to me I'd admit like I always have; E3 day 1 wasn't one of those days. Learn to be gamers and not loyalists. You may enjoy your hobby even more that way.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    So you're telling me sony won because they don't have any games and have to harp on trivial things? Amazing.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    No the trivial thing is not liking a game just because it's not on a Sony console. Reading is fundamental.

Sony won because they did right by consumers when their competitor was seemingly not doing right by their consumers at all. It certainly wasn't cause of the games. You don't even see anybody talking about PS4 games on twitter or anywhere else right now.

Just about:

1) No DRM
    2) No always online of any type
    3) System pricing

All consumer concerns that the competition got wrong.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    What games does sony have?