Yeezus Kardashian Album Thread (6.18)

Options

Comments

• WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta listen to Guilt Trip ? , Its giving me that 808s vibe.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I think this is weakest album tho....the sloppiness and overall idgaf attitude cheated the project ...let's remember this is a guy who mixed stronger like 50 times ...but Yeezus is still a good album

He wanted this type of sound.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like Kanye literally said nothin on this album. Outside of New Slaves & Blk Skinheads, it was an album full of random raps. Like, he's rappin about ? ? the whole album.

Songs I enjoyed:
    New Slaves
    Black Skinheads
    I'm Up In It
    Blood on the Leaves
    Bound

All the other joints were cool, only song I'm really not feeling was that Chief Keef joint. Production is straight as always. Still kinda disappointed, I thought there would be a little more "New Slaves" type joints.

I feel like this.

I love all genres of music and can appreciate an artist's attempt at "pushing the envelope" or what have you, but I'm severely disappointed by this album. When "I Am A ? " was going I looked at my phone like "Da ? is wrong wit my ? ? This ? off beat like a muhfucka." And I barely wanna hear Keef regular, why the ? do I wanna hear him auto tuned?

With so few songs and such a drastic departure from a "traditional" hip-hop album, the margin for error is decreased tenfold.

All I know is Cole and Ye let "... Easy Mac wit the cheesy raps, who the ? is Mac Miller...?!" Make a better hip-hop album than both of em.

Wheredeydodatat? Smh...

You oughta be ashamed of yourself king...

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lord Ether wrote: »
    Album sounded like he was going for a death grips sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIrKSqb4H4A

Yeah, it does seem like he was listening to Death Grips or El-P a little too much. Speaking of which, the Killer Mike/El-P album is out next week.

• deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this sounds like a rock \ techno album.. wtf is this
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    im happy nas was not on it.. ? would claim its nas fault it gonna flop
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    ? want Kanye on that Boom Bap ? .

LMAO, you ? .

I swear you cannot evolved or remain stagnant.

Which one is it guys?

@ohhhla why is rhetoric like evolve or grow artistically, etc., often the go to talking point when a well-liked (aka heavily stanned) artist drops some genre bending different ? or just plain wack ? that many people aren't feeling? From my brief browse through this thread, I can see the people who like this are either forcing themselves to find an angle from which they can offer their Yeezus praise (@JDSTAYWITIT) or hyping regular ? as if it's spectacular or quoteworthy (Law Trafalgar).

Sometimes devolve is the word that best describes a change. Evolve implies development to a more complex form. People need to stop giving this pretentious dude a pass. It appears as though some of you have been lulled into a trance by your Yeezus.

And for many people the genre bending isn't even the problem. It's the poor execution. And that ? wack ass voice altering.

New Slaves and Black Skinhead are fire, ? is misleading.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't wait to give this the whip test
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I WISH I COULD FIND THE FIRST POST I MADE IN HERE...
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cudi is still the king of this genre-bending rap ?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh missed the leak coz I was out with my nig on his birthday.

What's the verdict?
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well the snippets of new slaved kind of let us know he wasn't going to be soulful

Content is disappointing
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? cool that's about it easily his worst album

Kinda disappointed in Ye, still copping this & his next album tho *ye shrug*
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow. The consensus here is that this ? wack. I had a gut feeling. ? should stick to making clothes in Paris. It just might be "lights out" ..
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not gonna listen yet, but this is hilarious, b...

WaleFabolous.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1343765332686

rick_ross_laughing.jpg

lil-wayne-and-drake-chilling-and-laughing-at-nba-allstar-game-2012.jpg

tumblr_me4zz95oug1qcjj1bo1_500.jpg

mac-miller-laughing.jpg

• Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Still aint listen but reading through the thread it really seems like my man Yeezy done dropped a wack album. I cant believe it. Now Bruse Wane really gon have album of the year too.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Still aint listen but reading through the thread it really seems like my man Yeezy done dropped a wack album. I cant believe it. Now Bruse Wane really gon have album of the year too.
    Damn I didn't hear the album yet but I'm going to wait these comments got me thinking this album is dumpster juice.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I take it Bruse Wane WON'T be the one dropping the weedplate of the week?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at people really forcing themselves to like this ? , talking about if you don't like this then you dont understand art.
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope y'all are getting paid while sucking off Kanye.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't feelin' it, but the second half is bangin'. Definitely wouldn't call it wack. Maybe a 7.5/8 outta 10 for me.