The Last Of Us (Most Awarded Video Game in History) - Coming to PS4

Options

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The molotov is serious and if anyone finds this game boring I dont know what is exciting then.RDR was dry as ? most of the game.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The molotov is serious and if anyone finds this game boring I dont know what is exciting then.RDR was dry as ? most of the game.

Molotov and that nail bomb are great.

Wait for them to group up, then hit them w those and you can take out 2+.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    If anyone wants to play online, hit me up..... Relentless_Won still butt hurt over FNC, so he deleted me.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Hunters are a pain in the ass. nh
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If anyone wants to play online, hit me up..... Relentless_Won still butt hurt over FNC, so he deleted me.

lol he deleted me too, just added me back yesterday

• PSN-Canibuss
    Options
    These dudes suck online... if all team up like in Socom, its easier to win matches... but people think its COD...
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    20 minutes in and a cracka child caught a hot one. My type of game.
  • VIBE
    Options
    damn, I felt bad for Henry.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Liked tha playthru wit bill
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need to get further in the game to see who it is this Henry fella Vibe is talking bout.
  • VIBE
    Options
    I need to get further in the game to see who it is this Henry fella Vibe is talking bout.

He comes up after Bill.

They did a great job with this game, man. The ? expressions are on point. The voice acting is perfect. It's all extremely believable and makes you connect to these characters. I love how this isn't just a "zombie" game.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I just damned humanity and gave zero ? bout the future of the human race.

like_a_boss_500-500x500.png

This is one of the best campaigns I've ever played. Only thing I would of liked to learn is the consequences of the ending. But Joel is the man and Ellie... thats a violent white ? . She'd scare Hit Girl from Kick Ass probably.

There was one part I didn't like as all the "bandits" were ? black folks. I looked at the body and the ? looked like a dark skinned uncle phil. I'm like what's really going on? There must be three sides to this story.

Gameplay was epic. By the last three stages, I had combat mastered. Human's were easy to ? , but them infected got numbers. They're way more aggressive, being pure primal. So you make sure to pick them off without having them gang up on ya. A bottle and some bricks saved my life more times than I can count. And I wish they had gave the last two weapons to us sooner. Nails bombs and molotov's, never leave home without them. And I keep the bat taped up with scissor blades at all times.

Finished with 18 hours. Great game.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    didnt read^

wtf am I supposed to do about the runners?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    didnt read^

Get the weapon holster upgrades from the work bench. Runners are quick and you won't have time to dig into your backpack for everything. They suffer from the smart, because their dumb mechanic. Sound is their strength and weakness. The spot where you fired your gun or threw that brick is exactly where they are going to go. Remember, the vision is strictly line of sight in this game. The moment you break their line of vision, you have a chance to crouch and hide.

The strategy depends on the level, the numbers, your inventory, and your ammo. Separation and conservation should be your default strategy. R2 they ? and learn they routes. Hide in a spot where you can stealth ? once the chance is available. Close combat is very effective, but time consuming. It can take anywhere between 1 or 3 hits to ? infected. In a swarm situation, three hits on one enemy is three hits the others have to attack you as well. Always try to keep a melee weapon on you as well. These can be used for quick kills, but they loose that effect the more you use them. So just keep crafting them or swap them out.

Bricks and Bottles count as melee weapons too. Just equip them and press square as you would for a punch. Bricks go for three hits, while bottles bust after one. You can also toss the bricks/bottles at a runner to momentarily stun them for a few seconds, maybe 3. But it's long enough to grab and stealth ? . Also, melee attacks don't alert nearby enemies if they can't see the ? . Best of all, they're every where in the game.

Long as there ain't no clickers or bloaters around, guns blazing is a viable strategy. It's ammo consuming though and you're gonna need to keep on your toes. Their numbers can over whelm you in seconds. Shotguns, molotovs, nail bombs, melee weapons, and Shorty are the best weapons for that. You need to be able to get as many as you can at once. And/or have enough firepower to drop them or stun in their tracks with one shot. Standing your ground and letting them bottle neck can work. Pushing forward and letting them come to you works as well. Just make sure you're not flanked in the process. If you've got the flamethrower, just aim, and spray. Keep an eye on the fuel for that.

You can also stick and move. Use their echolocation against them. Sneaking to another spot to hide after each shot. They'll go to the origin of sound and search the area. Giving you a chance to set up that second ? . Bow and Arrows are one shot stealth kills, so they're great for this tactic. Sidenote, remember clickers take two arrows.

There are some parts of the game where you can just ? rush through the ? . Do a quick melee attack to stagger those in your way and keep trucking. And if you got swarmed, remember to press the L2 button to break free of them and haul ass to a spot to collect yourself.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would tha homie henry had to have a nappy fro tho
  • VIBE
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    Why would tha homie henry had to have a nappy fro tho

It's been a rough 20 years since the outbreak, no time for all this "lets look good ? ". Cracka up keep is on dog level, easy.
  • VIBE
    Options
    didnt read^

Bruh, they're easy to handle. Once they spot you, run and hide. Once you break "line of sight", where they cannot see you, then you are good. I use stealth to take most of them down.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All non ps3 owners lose because of this game.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    Options
    According to The Last Of Us, these two boxers have died... I've also killed John Ruiz too but I wasn't able to take a picture lol... I love the Facebook integration with the game

2re6tq8.jpg
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got the shotgun, up graded my hunting rifle with the scope and extra clip and maxed out my health and shivs. In that hotel in ? ass Pittburgh now. ? all them hunters almost got me. Eli had my back giving me ammo, throwing bricks and telling me which direction they were coming from. That lil broad is trill.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you get to ? the cracka girl at all during the game?
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I thought the preorder DLC was suppposed to give you more upgrades?

should you upgrade the shotgun first?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    lol this game has some intense moments, its hard to play it for a long time- need a mental break from it
  • VIBE
    Options
    I thought the preorder DLC was suppposed to give you more upgrades?

should you upgrade the shotgun first?

I upgraded my pistols first, because that's the guns I use most.