Xbox One Does A 180 (Or 360?) No DRM, Used Game Restrictions, Region Locking, Or Internet Required.

Options

Comments

• John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? pick Focus out to be some Stan...Yall are really no different.

? please. That dude is on another level from than anyone here. We all have our biases, but if you really think he is no different than everyone else then you must be just like him.

33c4p44.jpg
    righhhhtttttttt im just like him..
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    - 24 MINUTES AGO

There was a post made on PasteBin by an apparent Microsoft employee, a post that said that Family Sharing was just a glorified way of sharing demos. This would have not only been annoying to those who liked the sound of the feature, but it would have meant that Microsoft were flat out lying about something they were advertising. Not a mistake in an interview sort of lying, but across most of their promotional materials.

In the wake of the PasteBin “reveal,” several Microsoft employees have taken to Twitter to clarify that it was exactly what they said it was, and that there’s actually still a chance it may return for digital titles…

@EvilFiek No, that would be silly. Don’t believe everything you read online!

— Marc Whitten (@notwen) June 21, 2013

@lx_KillFace_xl There was no time limit, it was as we described. Team still investing in more digital features over time.

— Aaron Greenberg (@aarongreenberg) June 21, 2013

http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/06/microsoft-clarify-family-sharing-wasnt-only-demos/
  • focus
    edited June 2013
    Options
    the family sharing was going to limit you to around an hour, sort of like the ful game demos on PSN. Not even worth it. You aint lose much honestly.

LOL. Ain't it funny how ? can totally understand rumored ? , but couldn't at all comprehend the completely spelled out real ? just two days ago? Its like they say, real truly does only recognize real.
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    I canceled all my game orders I'm going straight digital
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I canceled all my game orders I'm going straight digital

no more freebs?
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    You ? pick Focus out to be some Stan...Yall are really no different.

Aren't you the one that used to have Netflix dates with him?
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    Bruh ...u serious no ? ...

And if CK figures out how to hack the system I'm going back to modding
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok. Enough talking about a spineless ? . Back to talking about a spineless company. Latest rumor is that now Kinect isn't required anymore.

I really hope this turns out true and they make a 'Kinect-less" version available at a lower price point, that's the one I'd get. I don't like the idea of basically being forced to use Kinect if I buy a One, being that I never gave a ? about it. Cool technology but until they come up with a way to actually legitimately enhance the games I love to a point where it's worth it, I'm straight with just a controller.

• focus
    Options
    Xbox One preorders jump past PlayStation 4 after Microsoft drops DRM
    By Zach Epstein | BGR News – 13 hrs ago

When Microsoft finally announced its policies regarding Xbox One game-sharing, used game sales and connectivity requirements, gamers were not happy at all. While some people thought Microsoft’s new policies would help usher in the future of console gaming, a much more vocal group found them restrictive and anti-consumer. The critics were loud enough that Microsoft ultimately decided to reverse course and cancel all of its controversial plans. Was this the right move? Implications for the Xbox’s future aside, the short-term impact of Microsoft’s decision is already being felt: Just one day after Microsoft announced the removal of DRM and connectivity requirements, pre-sales of the Xbox One jumped ahead of Sony’s PlayStation 4 on Amazon.com.

Since Microsoft and Sony each made their E3 announcements, preorders of both the standard edition PlayStation 4 and the launch bundle have topped Microsoft’s Xbox One on Amazon.com, as ranked by the site’s best-sellers list in the video games category. Now that Microsoft has announced that Xbox One consoles will not need to connect to the Internet once every 24 hours and that games can be shared or resold without restrictions, the Xbox One catapulted above both PS4 bundles and is now the top-selling item in Amazon’s video games category.

Microsoft’s Xbox One will launch this coming November for $499, which includes a limited edition controller and a Kinect sensor.

http://news.yahoo.com/xbox-one-preorders-jump-past-playstation-4-microsoft-142532847.html
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't believe how easily people can be led like sheep.

Yeah they changed it now but the system still has those capabilities. How long until after you've purchased your XBOX One before they revert back to the original policy?
  • joshuaboy
    Options

Ignore Amazon: Xbox One Doesn't Have a Launch Date
    It isn't November 27 (but it could be later).

Ignore those pre-order emails Amazon's been sending you, or the rumors you've been reading: Xbox One is not launching on November 27. Conveniently, that's just a few days before the United States' biggest shopping day of the year, Black Friday, but it isn't necessarily the date Microsoft's settled on for Xbox One. It's just Amazon's best guess.

“We have not informed our retail partners about a specific launch date for the Xbox One," Microsoft told IGN. "It is commonplace for retailers to put placeholders dates and prices into our system until they are given a specific date and price. We are excited to release the Xbox One in November 2013.”

That in mind, it's entirely possible November 27 could end up becoming Xbox One day. But with Battlefield 4 releasing in October, and Call of Duty and Watch Dogs arriving earlier in November, Microsoft would lose out on significant sales momentum by missing those games' dates.

Xbox One pre-orders shattered Amazon's all-time records last week with the help of Sony's PlayStation 4 pre-order bundles. Microsoft recently reversed its online policies to gain fan favor -- is that enough to get your attention?
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

Yeah they changed it now but the system still has those capabilities. How long until after you've purchased your XBOX One before they revert back to the original policy?

Exactly.
    I don't trust it at all
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We all have the Internet though. So it doesn't matter to us.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

We all have the Internet though. So it doesn't matter to us.

it would matter to me if they revert to region lock ... lol
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

Good observation, I think that's exactly what they're gonna do. Wheel em in first and when they cant go anywhere else add all that ? on em & hit em with fees SMMFH.

yep
    i predict a series of updates to "improve stability" and "maximize the experience" that basically jus adds in all the stuff the consumers didnt want.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Xbox One preorders jump past PlayStation 4 after Microsoft drops DRM
    By Zach Epstein | BGR News – 13 hrs ago

When Microsoft finally announced its policies regarding Xbox One game-sharing, used game sales and connectivity requirements, gamers were not happy at all. While some people thought Microsoft’s new policies would help usher in the future of console gaming, a much more vocal group found them restrictive and anti-consumer. The critics were loud enough that Microsoft ultimately decided to reverse course and cancel all of its controversial plans. Was this the right move? Implications for the Xbox’s future aside, the short-term impact of Microsoft’s decision is already being felt: Just one day after Microsoft announced the removal of DRM and connectivity requirements, pre-sales of the Xbox One jumped ahead of Sony’s PlayStation 4 on Amazon.com.

Since Microsoft and Sony each made their E3 announcements, preorders of both the standard edition PlayStation 4 and the launch bundle have topped Microsoft’s Xbox One on Amazon.com, as ranked by the site’s best-sellers list in the video games category. Now that Microsoft has announced that Xbox One consoles will not need to connect to the Internet once every 24 hours and that games can be shared or resold without restrictions, the Xbox One catapulted above both PS4 bundles and is now the top-selling item in Amazon’s video games category.

Microsoft’s Xbox One will launch this coming November for $499, which includes a limited edition controller and a Kinect sensor.

http://news.yahoo.com/xbox-one-preorders-jump-past-playstation-4-microsoft-142532847.html
    Look at the list again

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ri/top/videogames/ref=aw_lnk_sm_el_gam/181-2525124-5825619?aid=aw_gw&apid=1420276662&arc=1201&arid=0XAE2G2A5QVN7Y5VV0KV&asn=center-14

Playstation 4 takes over 3 of the top 10 spots before that Ps4 took 5 of the top 10 spots. Ps4 has a bunch of bundles that are selling.
  • focus
    Options
    Is Microsoft Preparing to Go on the Offensive with Free Xbox Live?
    By EGM Staff
    Posted on June 22, 2013 AT 12:34pm

gold2.jpg

A day after the blockbuster news, first reported by Giant Bomb, that Microsoft was orchestrating a full retreat from their original plans to limit user access to content and require daily connectivity to their servers to play games, EGM has learned from a source that the company is now contemplating additional moves to create parity with Sony’s PlayStation 4.

One of these considerations—which the source said is being discussed—is to bundle the Xbox One with a free period of Xbox Live Gold and provide other incentives that, in light of Sony’s announcement that they will begin charging for online multiplayer, would bridge the price difference between the two consoles. “The cost [of Xbox One] will be comparable to PlayStation 4 after all the multiplayer costs are factored in,” the source indicated.

All of these moves come in the wake of one of the worst brand launches since New Coke. “Xbox One was getting killed last week,” explained another insider with knowledge of pre-order activity at a smaller mass-market retail chain. “The pre-order figures were heavily favoring PlayStation 4 in the days after E3.” This type of consumer sentiment could have put Microsoft at risk of losing the next-gen console battle before it even began.

According to the source, Microsoft hopes that Xbox One users will ultimately choose to embrace many of the features that caused concern after the system’s unveiling. “[They] still believe strongly that their original business model contains many revolutionary features that consumers can be incentivized to adopt or that consumers will activate on their own,” the source revealed.

Time, as it always does, will tell if this new approach yields the results that Microsoft originally hoped for with the Xbox One and their broader strategies.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/console-wars-is-microsoft-preparing-to-go-on-the-offensive-with-free-xbox-live/
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Is Microsoft Preparing to Go on the Offensive with Free Xbox Live?
    By EGM Staff
    Posted on June 22, 2013 AT 12:34pm

gold2.jpg

A day after the blockbuster news, first reported by Giant Bomb, that Microsoft was orchestrating a full retreat from their original plans to limit user access to content and require daily connectivity to their servers to play games, EGM has learned from a source that the company is now contemplating additional moves to create parity with Sony’s PlayStation 4.

One of these considerations—which the source said is being discussed—is to bundle the Xbox One with a free period of Xbox Live Gold and provide other incentives that, in light of Sony’s announcement that they will begin charging for online multiplayer, would bridge the price difference between the two consoles. “The cost [of Xbox One] will be comparable to PlayStation 4 after all the multiplayer costs are factored in,” the source indicated.

All of these moves come in the wake of one of the worst brand launches since New Coke. “Xbox One was getting killed last week,” explained another insider with knowledge of pre-order activity at a smaller mass-market retail chain. “The pre-order figures were heavily favoring PlayStation 4 in the days after E3.” This type of consumer sentiment could have put Microsoft at risk of losing the next-gen console battle before it even began.

According to the source, Microsoft hopes that Xbox One users will ultimately choose to embrace many of the features that caused concern after the system’s unveiling. “[They] still believe strongly that their original business model contains many revolutionary features that consumers can be incentivized to adopt or that consumers will activate on their own,” the source revealed.

Time, as it always does, will tell if this new approach yields the results that Microsoft originally hoped for with the Xbox One and their broader strategies.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/console-wars-is-microsoft-preparing-to-go-on-the-offensive-with-free-xbox-live/

If this wasn't just a 1yr free thing I'd get a 1.... Microsoft was getting beat 4:1 its still getting beat (there's mor countries than the US).
    I was hoping it would say live is completely free.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Ps4 is back on top http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar?tag=gamespot-vg-20

The truth the one may have never been number 1 bc there were 4 ps4 in the top 10 with different bundles.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Microsoft's 'Project Mountain' puts $700 million into data center powering Xbox One and Office 365 cloud
    By Ben Gilbert posted Jun 24th, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Microsoft really, really doesn't want your Xbox One's online services going offline. In a near $700 million investment ($677.6 million), the company's opening a new data center in Iowa specifically aimed at powering Xbox Live and Office 365. Microsoft's Christian Belady told Iowa's Des Moines Register that the data center "supports the growing demand for Microsoft's cloud services" -- a much lauded function of both the Xbox One and Office 365.

Alongside the $700 million investment, the company's getting a $6 million tax rebate from the state to move in, effective for five years. As for Microsoft's cloud, we'll assuredly hear more about it-- for both Xbox One and Office 365 -- this week at Build.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/24/microsoft-700-million-iowa-data-center/
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's not that different from what Sony is doing honestly. If I'm not mistaken, they actually bought out a cloud based company a while before the PS4 was even announced. I think the two companies are trying to do the same thing. Sony was just more proactive in leaving the door open for people who didn't want to go that route.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Free gold membership for the year? ? I might have to cop on the launch date lol
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotdamn Mircosoft putting big money into this
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's not that different from what Sony is doing honestly. If I'm not mistaken, they actually bought out a cloud based company a while before the PS4 was even announced. I think the two companies are trying to do the same thing. Sony was just more proactive in leaving the door open for people who didn't want to go that route.

You're talking about Gaikai. That's nothing like what Microsoft plan to do with the cloud.

• joshuaboy
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

You're talking about Gaikai. That's nothing like what Microsoft plan to do with the cloud.

What's the difference? *

* you have one minute to answer or we know you google and copy and paste the info *