Samsung Galaxy S3...Knockin em out da box!

Options

Comments

• Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Take yo ? outta driving mode ?
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    anybody get the s4 yet. im bout to order one either tonite or tomorrow

Just ordered two yesterday. Should have them next weekend. International versions.

lemme know when you get em. are you ordering from the sprint site??

Got them. Ordered from a seller on ebay I normally buy phones from. Not associated with any US carriers. It's an unlocked international version I-9500.

Phone is amazing. Not so much different than the S3, but is a lot more convenient. Air swipe to answer and view status is nice. Eye scrolling.

The S4 is dopeness...yea I saw a cat on ebay selling them for about 4 yards a pop...it was for GSM network phones.

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

Just ordered two yesterday. Should have them next weekend. International versions.

Got them. Ordered from a seller on ebay I normally buy phones from. Not associated with any US carriers. It's an unlocked international version I-9500.

Phone is amazing. Not so much different than the S3, but is a lot more convenient. Air swipe to answer and view status is nice. Eye scrolling.

The S4 is dopeness...yea I saw a cat on ebay selling them for about 4 yards a pop...it was for GSM network phones.

Yea, paid $ 710 each for them (plus shipping and customs). Don't have much choice as I live in the Caribbean
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea, paid $ 710 each for them (plus shipping and customs). Don't have much choice as I live in the Caribbean

You one of those thefting Antiguan politicians kids?
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    A ? needs a good rom tho...
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »

What you know bout us? ....................... I mean, them :))

lol ........ that's what we pay around here. Have to purchase the International models to use on our Networks
  • MrSoutCity
    Options

lol ........ that's what we pay around here. Have to purchase the International models to use on our Networks

Just ? with ya. I have alot of ? from Antigua. My girl parents from there also.
  • joshuaboy
    Options

? stuff ...... where you from?
  • MrSoutCity
    Options

Dominica. I live in the ? Islands now.....
  • joshuaboy
    Options

Dominica. I live in the ? Islands now.....

Good stuff, just "across the road"
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options

wait..... you just dropped $1420 on two phones??????

is the service free??

is there some kind of universal wifi signal where ever you go??
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Naw he had to drop that for international unlocked S4. Normal folks get their phones subsidized, so they are able to pay that 150 down or get the phone for a cheaper price because the wireless provider picks up the cost. But if you want one that isn't tied to a wireless provider, you're going to pay about 700 a pop for those and maybe even more, depending on who you get it from. The international joints are more of a powerhouse than NA regional ones though...
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Naw he had to drop that for international unlocked S4. Normal folks get their phones subsidized, so they are able to pay that 150 down or get the phone for a cheaper price because the wireless provider picks up the cost. But if you want one that isn't tied to a wireless provider, you're going to pay about 700 a pop for those and maybe even more, depending on who you get it from. The international joints are more of a powerhouse than NA regional ones though...

^ ^ ^

What he said ......

.......... I don't live in the US so I can't use one tied to ATT, Sprint, Verizon etc. Need one that supports all bandwidths so it can be used on all of the networks here
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's no difference between international and north american versions. Looking for the Intl versions for Samsung phones this year is a waste of time.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    LOL, Bruce, the first thing about being a Mr. Obvious is that you gotta know what you talking about. Homie gotta get the international version due to his locale. And I'm peeping info but there's no way international version is the same as NA versions.

You better get on Alfred for giving you ? up intel
  • Batman.
    Options
    I'm not saying they're the same, there's just no discernible difference in terms of performance. And if he lives outside the US, that's good for him. The only way you can see the difference is through benchmarks, and I guess if you're running PS2 roms on it, maybe that too.

The NA device can be unlocked, and function as well as the Intl device.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    I haven't peeped the specs yet (cause if I look at that ? , I'm gonna wanna cop), but there's no way that the int'l and NA components are the same. So with that said, no way the performance can be the same. You might lose in one aspect and gain in another...but they are not the same.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »
    I'm not saying they're the same, there's just no discernible difference in terms of performance. And if he lives outside the US, that's good for him. The only way you can see the difference is through benchmarks, and I guess if you're running PS2 roms on it, maybe that too.

The NA device can be unlocked, and function as well as the Intl device.

Has nothing to do with performance, has to do with basic functionality, i.e. making phone calls, text msgs and data service. The different carriers in the US operate on different bandwidths, some of which will work here with certain providers. If I know which provider I'm going to use, I can buy a phone from a US carrier that uses the same bw, unlock it and use it here. But if I want to be able to switch between providers here I need the Int'l version that supports all bandwidths.

• joshuaboy
    Options
    Ironman >>>> Batman anyway
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the International version of the S4 has an octacore processor instead of a quadcore one like the US version.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how the ? do you turn off the shutter sound on the camera when taking a picture
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    how the ? do you turn off the shutter sound on the camera when taking a picture

open up camera>>>>>>>>settings(looks like a gear)>>>>>>>>>>>>>shutter sound on/off

i've done this 100 times and my phone doesn't have an option for shutter sound off/on

tf i got a bootkeg ass S3
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    if yall are talking about the SG4 (same prolly applies to the sg3) ... you cant turn it off if you have verizon or sprint (i think att and a couple others are the only ones that have it. the international version doesnt even have it).

you have to pull down the icon bar at the top of the screen and tap sound to "vibrate" or "mute" then the phone cant play any sounds thus silencing the shutter. also if your phone is rooted you can "currupt" the shutter sound mp3 file (actually i think its an ogg file) by renaming it. but other than that, you have to get on your carriers forums and join the picket line for that to be apart of the next update.

ive already been thru this when i first got the phone cause i wanted to get thru all the settings i knew i wanted before i really went in on actually using the phone.
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A question 2 any cats who have a S4
    Shud I trade in my Note 2 for an S4? Preciate the help
  • Batman.
    Options
    A question 2 any cats who have a S4
    Shud I trade in my Note 2 for an S4? Preciate the help

No. Zero difference, except it's a smaller screen.