Alec Baldwin Being Compared To Paula Deen SMH

Options
Allah_U_Akbar
Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/28/alec-baldwin-homophobic-twitter-rant-wife-james-gandolfini/?adid=hero2

So, in a nutshell, Alec Baldwin got upset at some British reporter and called him a "toxic little queen" (on TWITTER) and then threatened to "put my foot up your f***ing ass, George Stark, but I'm sure you'd dig it too much."

And now TMZ is asking: "Why HE (Alec Baldwin) isn't getting slammed like Paula Deen? Sounds horrible to say but, is America more okay with verbal attacks on ? than Blacks?"

Are they serious?

Once again, SMH.

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate how we are supposed to pretend there isn't a social hierarchy just so the people at the bottom don't get their feelings hurt
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Options
    They always try to compare the Black struggle with....

...NEVERMIND.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well considering the ? who runs TMZ, can you really be surprised ?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »
    Wish they'd stop comparing ? to blacks...

Co Muthafuckin Sign
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    People still get beat up, murdered and bullied into suicide for their sexual orientation. It is comparable to 20th century injustice no matter how you slice it.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »
    People still get beat up, murdered and bullied into suicide for their sexual orientation. It is comparable to 20th century injustice no matter how you slice it.

I bet you believe we live in a post racial world/ America too.............................
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not completely comparable, but there are similarities.

If you can't see them, it's most likely because you want to justify your own discriminatory thoughts.
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheIraq wrote: »

I bet you believe we live in a post racial world/ America too.............................

What's that got do with what I said?
    Copper wrote: »

word...we all know ? schools should close down and they should be intergrated with straight schools
    and they should start letting ? eat at luch counters and ride in the front of the bus and live wherever they wanna live...and no more ? lynching and the town taking pictures while they swing from the tree..b/c they know there is no law to protect thier lynching victim...FOH

They are not being lynched and hung up for display but they are definitely being victimized. You've picked out the most extreme forms of victimization that would never be an acceptable form of oppression in the 21st century, clever.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

word...we all know ? schools should close down and they should be intergrated with straight schools
    and they should start letting ? eat at luch counters and ride in the front of the bus and live wherever they wanna live...and no more ? lynching and the town taking pictures while they swing from the tree..b/c they know there is no law to protect thier lynching victim...FOH

They are not being lynched and hung up for display but they are definitely being victimized. You've picked out the most extreme forms of victimization that would never be an acceptable form of oppression in the 21st century, clever.

you said in your own post the "20th century" those methods are extreme today but they were not extreme when they were happening to black people...which is why thier situation is not comparable to ours...

its like comparing what irish americans went thru when they came to this country to with what black people lived thru for 400 years....they went thru hard times....but ? walked thru hell
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Options

If you can't see them, it's most likely because you want to justify your own discriminatory thoughts.
    SMH

You're smarter than this.

Stop it.

• TheIraq
    Options
    @fakeassbatmandot you said said ? arent being victimizated to the the extreme but when you compare things they must have similarities........................ ? can hide being ? ....... Black people can't hide their skin color........... ? aren't/haven't/weren't been discriminated against like blacks have been.............. I've never heard of signs being people up saying ? bathroom/straight bathroom......... I've never seen signs saying ? water fountain/straight water fountain........... Signs were put up like that because blacks were seen as less than human......... When have ? folks been seen as less than human?????????? Sure ? caught ? once they were ousted in the 40's, 50's, etc. and the 80's made people not even want to touch them once the ? virus came along but nobody has EVER wanted to ? with black people like that ? /AIDS or not.............. ? aint never been blacklisted like ? get blacklisted.................. It's nowhere near the hardship black folks experience to this day.....................
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

SMH

Stop it.

How is that post untrue?
  • TheIraq
    edited June 2013
    Options
    To me it goes back to putting those that don't understand the plight of black people in chains and oppressing them for years even after they're "free".......................... ? rights aint the same bruh........ ? fightin for the right to get married.......... And ? was fighting to be seen as full complete human being bruh............................
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? people are just going thru hard times as far as laws and being accepted in certain circles in society..

black werent accepted anywhere and not only was laws not in their favor they were geared to hold us in certain positions in society. ? dont wake up in fear of thier lives b/c thier attackers know the law wont even bother to arrest the culprit. they live wherever and go wherever they want. they can turn on the TV and not see a characterture of themselves. they can work and make however much money they can possibly make
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? and the media try to compare it to the civil rights movement of the 50's and 60's SMH......................................................... I could care less if a person is ? but don't compare that ? ? to the injustice black folks went through and still go through being because of our skin color............................................

i've been sayin this for the LONGEST!!!
  • TheIraq
    Options
    Imma dress up like a police officer, sic hounds on ? people, and spray them with high powered water hoses................... That's about the closest they'll get to civil rights........................
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got no problem with what Alec said.. He was mad cause that ? lied about his wife.. so he said some disrespectful ? and challenged that ? 's "manhood".. all did was called him ? without sayin the actual word ? .. He did not call him a ? ,pillow biter,frank ocean listener or a Jason Collins jersey wearer.. If Baldwin had said anyone of those things he would've had a real probelm.. Because the pink mafia would formed like rainbow flamingo voltron.. and been on his ass(truly no ? )...
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    conceptual analysis shows racism and homophobia to be very similar
  • 7figz
    edited June 2013
    Options

SMH

Stop it.

Apparently not.
  • 7figz
    Options

And if you can't see how different they are, you're probably an idiot.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's that got do with what I said?

The end. Thanks for playing.

And you said they get 'bullied into killing themself'.

Yea so do fat people and pre-pubescent white girls...Tha ? outta here with that weak ?