Jay-Z - 'Magna Carta Holy Grail'

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? wit it but yall gassin tha production

-JT ruins Holy Grail for me

-1st half of Picasso is reminiscent of DOA or Blue Magic-hype on first listen just b/c its throwback grimy, but it wears off

-Crown is wack

-Somewhere in america is catchy, a single, but corny. Those horns give me a 'Thrift Shop' type corny vibe

-The beat for Jay-z blue does nuthin for me..

-Beach is better is just not for jay z...

I ? wit it but some of yall trippin; theres a good amount of skippable tracks
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ja Rule s Crown shots all over Jay s Crown
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cole and Hov at Album Listening Party
    j-cold.jpg?w=1312&h=980
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea I wasn't feeling JT starting the album off
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jazzybella wrote: »
    Cole and Hov at Album Listening Party
    j-cold.jpg?w=1312&h=980

Smh I'm still tryna get use to posting pics by phone
  • verbal juke
    verbal juke Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Lmfao that app still down Did anyone with a Samsung get the album?

I was able to get the download immediately...
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I just heard the album & I'm disappointed

no Zaytoven beats on this album?

pass
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    I ? wit it but yall gassin tha production

-JT ruins Holy Grail for me

-1st half of Picasso is reminiscent of DOA or Blue Magic-hype on first listen just b/c its throwback grimy, but it wears off

-Crown is wack

-Somewhere in america is catchy, a single, but corny. Those horns give me a 'Thrift Shop' type corny vibe

-The beat for Jay-z blue does nuthin for me..

-Beach is better is just not for jay z...

I ? wit it but some of yall trippin; theres a good amount of skippable tracks

C/s the production being way overrated... I only bump like 5 tracks (maybe 4) outta 16
  • S2J
    Options
    Yea I wasn't feeling JT starting the album off

Especially after hearin how ill the beat was in the commercial!!! Thats why earlier i said ? Timbo. He added all that ? .

I think people gotta realize if Timbo .exec. Produced' these songs, it doesnt mean he made the beat. He's just the one addin all the 'flutes n zylophones'.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    So everybody back on Timbo's nuts after bailing on him when he went to try somethin else huh. U ? are the worst

It was the manner in which he bailed which was disrespectful to hip hop fans,realistically he hasn't achieved much in hip hop,most of the noise he's made has been in the rnb world.This is coming from a massive tim fan as well (whaddup georgia_boi,did you ever used to be on the beatclub boards back in the day?) he at one time was my favorite producer but more because of his creativity (96 to 01 no one was ? with him) but if you ask hip hop heads (including me) to name their top 5 producers i assume most wouldn't include him in there purely because within hip hop he hasn't had his one defining moment whereas others producers like rza,preemo,dre,kanye etc have done,I mean Deliverance is a dope album production wise but you have to put up with bubba sparxx for its entirety as well.

and jesus the amount of great beats he's wasted away on ? rappers...don't get me started.

but yeah its nice to see him getting some shine,i virtually gave up on dude within hip hop after those ? shock value albums.

Whaddup. Yeah, I was on the Beat Club boards.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    article-2356221-1AA91C1F000005DC-556_634x530.jpg

Euro Jay ... . LOL

article-2356221-1AA91AE8000005DC-607_634x633.jpg

article-2356221-1AA782A6000005DC-530_634x955.jpg

article-2356221-1AA743AD000005DC-591_634x903.jpg

article-2356221-1AA743B1000005DC-758_634x885.jpg

article-2356221-1AA744E9000005DC-708_634x484.jpg

article-2356221-1AA4DFAD000005DC-27_634x446.jpg
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just gave it a listen then skimmed threw the comments in this thread, either i downloaded a fake album or you jay stans are brainwashed, will give it another listen before i start the hate.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    So everybody back on Timbo's nuts after bailing on him when he went to try somethin else huh. U ? are the worst

? saw the tracklist and it's "Ahh man this ? is going to suck. You hear tha 2 second clip of a beat in the commerical. TRASH"...now when they actually hear the songs "Timbo is a beast."

lol whats wrong with that?

aint no true hiphop head been feeling timbp for a minute.

i was the biggest timbaland fan, then he went west....hated his ? .

his contribution to this album is dope as ? .

i and many others are lovers of music, not names....if the music is wack its wack, regardless of who produced it/rapped it....

just like now, i loved jay.....then i hated his music....now this album got me listening...im not necessarily a fan again but im more open to listening to music again ? this album was more than decent.

its all about the music man

What's wrong is you can't judge an album based on a short ass commercial. It's not like ? heard the entire beats...? was in here breaking down each 2 1/2 second of a beat that played "Oh ? . THat's Rick Rubin. I see a little No ID in there too. Pharell, classic. Already know that's a single. Timbo, pass." Look at any album thread in here, ? will deem an album wack or not simply based on the track list and song titles. Same thing happened in the thread about Wale's album The Gifted. ? saw the tracklist and already decided it wouldn't be good, then the album comes out and they end up liking the ? . It was already bad enough ? was trying to deem albums classic 2 hours after they drop, now an album is wack based on a commercial and the song titles? It just look like ? are looking for a reason to not like something
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Why is it called part 2? Bonnie and Clyde part 2?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    After sobering up lol the album is nothing really special but still good
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Picasso baby sounds like a Fabolous/Ryan Leslie collabo
  • S2J
    Options
    I gave the negative, now the positive:

-2nd hald of Picasso he went in, just like u could tell he would from the commercial

-Tom Ford. The 2013 ngas in paris. Dope. That wayne perry/tumblr/twitter verse might b my fave on the album

-fukwitme- sounds exactly like i thought it would. I love it. 'I dont bop, i do the money dance'>>>>life.

-FUTW-amazing

-Oceans-fuking amazing. Best song hands down.

-On the Run-i wanna serenade wifey after hearin this! Lol what a fukin song. (Anybody remember that classic Ghostface & beyonce song 'Summertime'??)

-Nickles n Dimes-he spit some REAL TALK. Beat aint blow u away, but its aight

-La Familia-Head-of-the famiLEE. He always has screwball 'love it or hate it' songs like this (Snoopy Track, 'Hate' on bp3, Squeeze First). I ? wit this hard
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Beach is Better only being about 30 seconds

bill-cosby-no-gif.gif

kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    Beach is Better only being about 30 seconds

bill-cosby-no-gif.gif

kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif

Probably 2nd best track, shoudve definitely been 3+ mins.

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "he 6'2 how the ? he fit in the new bugatti?
    .......ah ? it, you got me"
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just a heads up but I don't think the retail is dropping on the 7th, I think it's the 9th now (Tuesday)

They probably doing it like they did that WTT album where it'll drop on Sunday night on Itunes but it won't be in the stores until Tuesday.

no the itunes store says the expected release date is July 9th
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can some body repost that timbo revolt interview