Jay-Z is on some Uncle Tom sh*t

Options

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread has so many feelings. It's like Kingdom Come was the soundtrack to ? ' mothers getting ? and they've been bitter about it ever since.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at doing anything in life with the thought of black people's approval. We're probably the biggest ? haters as a people stemming self esteem issues going back to slavery. ? forbid if a ? ever look at all the colors in the spectrum and not just focus on what people think he should focus on.

No disrespect to people like Cosby, Bellafonte, and all them other old timers, i respect what they did back in the day but that doesn't mean their approach is working for these times.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    I want Jay to acknowledge his roots and give some love to black culture, I am not here trying to tear him down, but I am genuinely disappointed in the direction he is going in, he is better than this. It pains me to see another black man seemingly have a inferiority complex.

aka "I want Jay to do more like Santa for blacks the same way I want Obama to do more for blacks cause its only right"
    And there we have it, the sob story of many folks in here.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    lol

What other artists of his stature rapping about the bulshit he's talking about.

Not fif not diddy not dre not Marshall he's the only one of this bill gates ? ...

• A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? said he doesn't een like havin white man's money in his pocket...But he's euro centric...?

Like, I love a good Jay Z roast...But the basis of this thesis is completely off...Y'all ain't een really listenin to the ? he sayin...
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    What of ? says kurt ? shut down hip hop..lmao.dude is totally warped..
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at wanting to be elite.... ? shucking and jiving for white folks attention and appreciation.... he will never be on their level so in reality he will always be black elite , which he already was once he got rich....
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    lol at wanting to be elite.... ? shucking and jiving for white folks attention and appreciation.... he will never be on their level so in reality he will always be black elite , which he already was once he got rich....

He became black elite at six figures..lol..
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When do Nas album drops?
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    Im totally against the stay in the hood mentality man...but really Johnny cash Kurt ? ? please...he was listening to all that ? when he was touring with big daddy kane the ? said never read the Koran or the Islamic scriptures but now he's a worldly bloke..

Dude been around crackers a bit too long..
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »

pretty much... Im just saying crackers will never view a ? as on par with them.. so that "elite" comment vs black elite em said is bogus to me.... Anyway he should just be himself instead of this forced uppity supposed rule changing ass buffoon I see... it too obvious how forced a lot the ? he and ye is doing. I know a lot of yall are fans and will ride the ship to the end but at the end of the day be objective and call u fav out when they need to be.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Chuck D, Brother J, W.E.B. Dubois, Frederick Douglas, James Baldwin, Ossie Davis, and a whole host of others were not "Hood" they were proud black men. There are more options than "Hood" and Euro Centric.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    truth to life spoken
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »

pretty much... Im just saying crackers will never view a ? as on par with them.. so that "elite" comment vs black elite em said is bogus to me.... Anyway he should just be himself instead of this forced uppity supposed rule changing ass buffoon I see... it too obvious how forced a lot the ? he and ye is doing. I know a lot of yall are fans and will ride the ship to the end but at the end of the day be objective and call u fav out when they need to be.

Yup people forget the story of Oprah not being able to step foot in a certain store in France..

If Oprah can't break that ceiling a former drug dealer gonna break that ceiling..?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want Jay to acknowledge his roots and give some love to black culture, I am not here trying to tear him down, but I am genuinely disappointed in the direction he is going in, he is better than this. It pains me to see another black man seemingly have a inferiority complex.

lmao this ? cracks me the ? up. when does a white artist have to acknowledge their whiteness and their white culture. when does a white artist pretty much have to be burdened with pretty much being a perfect white example for white peoples kids without being human. whenever a white person gets successful when do white folks start questioning their race.

some black folk have unrealistic expectations for black super stars once they "made it". They want black artists to be "real" but as soon as they have a more diverse subject matter they all of a sudden white. what you want jay to lie and talk about ? he don't live like 90% of rappers out here. Do you want jay to not say he actually does pop mollys and doesn't buy tom ford clothing?

If anyone thinks Jay is lost touch with where hes from you have to be a clear troll. He rapped about a subject in 2011 that nobody hardly touched in mainstream hip hop and thats black on black murder in chicago. But i guess jay is an uncle tom because he actually kept his relationship with beyonce out of the media spotlight. I guess hes a house ? because he actually showed people a black superstar can have a kid after marriage and plan for that kid. The T/S is trying way too hard to be on his Ge757 or hrap outchea.

• Paul Hate.
    Options
    White people don't go through he same ? and don't have the same history as blacks,
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

lmao this ? cracks me the ? up. when does a white artist have to acknowledge their whiteness and their white culture. when does a white artist pretty much have to be burdened with pretty much being a perfect white example for white peoples kids without being human. whenever a white person gets successful when do white folks start questioning their race.

some black folk have unrealistic expectations for black super stars once they "made it". They want black artists to be "real" but as soon as they have a more diverse subject matter they all of a sudden white. what you want jay to lie and talk about ? he don't live like 90% of rappers out here. Do you want jay to not say he actually does pop mollys and doesn't buy tom ford clothing?

If anyone thinks Jay is lost touch with where hes from you have to be a clear troll. He rapped about a subject in 2011 that nobody hardly touched in mainstream hip hop and thats black on black murder in chicago. But i guess jay is an uncle tom because he actually kept his relationship with beyonce out of the media spotlight. I guess hes a house ? because he actually showed people a black superstar can have a kid after marriage and plan for that kid. The T/S is trying way too hard to be on his Ge757 or hrap outchea.

him and the Nasraelites are like that when it comes to hov.
  • white715
    Options
    How is talking about white people and European Culture 95% of the time being diverse?
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u ? worse than any stan becuz yall look up too him expecting a man to be more than a man..just. admit it, u not gonna like anything he does no matter what it is.. come clean with ya hate and be free ?
  • usmarin3
    Options
    One thing i can't stand about our people as a whole is we don't allow all light of the spectrum, if you don't fit in a box you get ? on. Why the ? can't we have different approaches to doing ? , WHY THIS MONOLITHIC MENTALITY. Then ya'll wonder why white people put ya'll stupid ass in a box and think we all share group thinking.

It's why clowns like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson have voices, because of group thinking.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? said he "raps about white culture and euro-centric 95% of the time"

i'm done
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do you claim to have been listening to Jayz since 96 and his lyrics are just NOW bothering you? When Nas works with white people to do his album covers or drops a It was Written (italian mafia "white people" dickriding) or when Joey badass calls himself Sinatra no one says anything etc etc

This argument is so ridiculous and dumb & is so easy to break down but you dont even deserve 2 bars.

@The Nuisance

Trollin or nah?
  • usmarin3
    Options
    All rappers rap about ''white ? '', none of these brands (Reebok, Nike, car companies,etc) are black owned. Don't single out one ? if you ain't gonna call them all out. Same rappers like Nas, Talib,etc endorsing white products (Fila, Hennesy,etc).
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    One thing i can't stand about our people as a whole is we don't allow all light of the spectrum, if you don't fit in a box you get ? on. Why the ? can't we have different approaches to doing ? , WHY THIS MONOLITHIC MENTALITY. Then ya'll wonder why white people put ya'll stupid ass in a box and think we all share group thinking.

It's why clowns like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson have voices, because of group thinking.

Why do u care what they think so much?
  • white715
    Options
    So anybody that says anything critical about Jay is a hater, you can look at my history on this board I'm no Jay hater, I'm just giving my honest opinion. You could retort with thoughtful insight but some would rather label me a hater and completely dismiss anything I say without even considering the validity of what I am saying.