Cari Champion on ESPN First Take....

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.Clinton wrote: »
    I like the Herd, but Colin does a lot of reaching his self...and im starting to see some holes in a lot of his ideas and philosophies. The ? condescending as ? to lol, but his show is better than First Take.

And I can give a ? about a ? looks when it comes to sports talk: Jamele>Cari garbage ass

You got a point about Cowherd. But ima tell you why I ? with Cowherd over Skip...

They both some contrarian types... But Skip play to you ? emotions. Colin tell you to take emotions out of it and think objectively. Even if I don't agree with what he sayin, I still come away like "that's an interesting point."

Skip get the Shaq face on like 95% of the ? I hear out his mouth.

Cowherd really is the expert and critical thinker that nikkas think Skip is (and skip pretends to be.)

I must say, I respect Skip's hustle. It's simple and actually hilarious how many nikkas fall for it, but I'm not surprised.

He's managed to take the Sports-talk radio style and merge it with the bias and ? of political demagoguery and make a killing with it.

He just combined Jim Rome and Rush Limbaugh and feeds it to dumb nikkas every morning.

• jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colin Cowherd?? really?

• NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Changing format: The entire show being "1st and 10"
    Jay Crawford and Dana leaving.
    Screamin' A Smith being on every ? day.

? was doomed from the start.
  • J.Clinton
    J.Clinton Members Posts: 413 ✭✭✭
    Options
    J.Clinton wrote: »
    I like the Herd, but Colin does a lot of reaching his self...and im starting to see some holes in a lot of his ideas and philosophies. The ? condescending as ? to lol, but his show is better than First Take.

And I can give a ? about a ? looks when it comes to sports talk: Jamele>Cari garbage ass

You got a point about Cowherd. But ima tell you why I ? with Cowherd over Skip...

They both some contrarian types... But Skip play to you ? emotions. Colin tell you to take emotions out of it and think objectively. Even if I don't agree with what he sayin, I still come away like "that's an interesting point."

Skip get the Shaq face on like 95% of the ? I hear out his mouth.

Oh I definitely ? with Colin over Skip any day. I like how Colin mixes real life situations with sports scenarios to the point where he gives away some actual game for ? to soak if they listen with open ears.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NYETOPn wrote: »
    Changing format: The entire show being "1st and 10"
    Jay Crawford and Dana leaving.
    Screamin' A Smith being on every ? day.

? was doomed from the start.

They should have just kept it like it was before, just had short segments for Skip vs.. debates and rest of the show with sports news. I even miss the light hearted stories they had on there.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    The show was better when Skip debated a different person everyday. Even if they repeated the same topics at least you got a fresh perspective from each guest. Now they have Skip and Stephen talk about the same ? over and over and we know they're not gonna change their stance. As for Cari she's alright if nothing else by having her hosting its clearly obvious that they're marketing the show to an urban audience.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S.a.S made the show kinda wack too with his angry black man gimmick, ? used to be cool when he was on the show every once in a while but ever since he stayed on the show for good ? been playin that ? out dude be gettin loud off every topic ? be crazy
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    The show was better when Skip debated a different person everyday. Even if they repeated the same topics at least you got a fresh perspective from each guest. Now they have Skip and Stephen talk about the same ? over and over and we know they're not gonna change their stance. As for Cari she's alright if nothing else by having her hosting its clearly obvious that they're marketing the show to an urban audience.

I agree. Having stephen A once a week would have been better. When Stephen A was on best damn sports show he would come every now and then and do a good job.

I kinda like how around the horn has diff people every day.
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    she's just one of those chicks that got hired only off her looks. she's just nice to look at, but no one wants to hear her speak.
    She really ain't that nice to look at. She ain't ugly but she ain't no Reisha Candidate. But I think the producers allow her to do all that homer Laker stuff. Same as Dana Jacobson always repped her alma mater Mich. Or Mich St. The show is dry as hell when there is no football or basketball going.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    The ? is too stupid to understand she is a moderator, she's suppose to be neutral, and clearly she isn't when it comes to things Lakers related.

I can also tell she is a status and celebrity dickrider from how she acts when people shows up on the set, she is real Hollywood.

With that said the stuttering ? needs to buss it open one time.

This sounds funny killin somebody else for being bias coming from a guy who acts the same way towards Jay Z.

She does come outta here boring shell when guest come

Thing about her tho is I dont understand why ? pay so much attention to her to even get urked. Stephen And Skip are the leads and her role besides introducing whats next to be discussed is very minimal to say the least. If it wasnts for Laker related topics or the fact she looks good once in a while Id forget shes even there.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Already know I'm a get the "who watches First Take anymore" comment but who cares, I have to voice my dismay for Cari Champion as host she's just horrible bro... Aside from her rooting for the hometown squad Lakers, she just wrecks my nerves in everyway, everyday... She stutters, she ? up on guest names and athletes all the time, she's always ad-libbing on some Jim Jones early dipset ? at the wrong time. The main problem I have with her is that she cuts people off constantly and she talks over people and is too damn loud at that... its rude and slightly disrespectful...

She's really not that bomb either, she looks like a regular Cali chick for you dudes who thinks she's bad, she's maybe a 7.8... Her looks aren't good enough for me to look past how ? of a host she is for the show... It's apparent that Stephen A and Skip usually dont give too much of a care about her, they barely try to recognize any of her opinions usually and just keep talking on... Charissa Thompson ? Cari as a host, idk how she couldn't have gotten that gig off of her... Cari is young tho and she may be able to improve as a host but will she have the time because its obvious that she struggles at this job,

You think she's a 7 or a 8?
    I'd give that ? a solid 6. She seems like one of those Snotty ? ? that hate black men and only date white dudes.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Already know I'm a get the "who watches First Take anymore" comment but who cares, I have to voice my dismay for Cari Champion as host she's just horrible bro... Aside from her rooting for the hometown squad Lakers, she just wrecks my nerves in everyway, everyday... She stutters, she ? up on guest names and athletes all the time, she's always ad-libbing on some Jim Jones early dipset ? at the wrong time. The main problem I have with her is that she cuts people off constantly and she talks over people and is too damn loud at that... its rude and slightly disrespectful...

She's really not that bomb either, she looks like a regular Cali chick for you dudes who thinks she's bad, she's maybe a 7.8... Her looks aren't good enough for me to look past how ? of a host she is for the show... It's apparent that Stephen A and Skip usually dont give too much of a care about her, they barely try to recognize any of her opinions usually and just keep talking on... Charissa Thompson ? Cari as a host, idk how she couldn't have gotten that gig off of her... Cari is young tho and she may be able to improve as a host but will she have the time because its obvious that she struggles at this job,

I'd give that ? a solid 6. She seems like one of those Snotty ? ? that hate black men and only date white dudes.

No that would be that last Black chick wit the big ol titdees they had hosting with the White husband
  • Crimson11
    Crimson11 Members Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Options

She's pretty to me but to each it's own, and IDK if I'd agree with those last comments, the ? looked like it was getting wet when Morris Chestnut was on there lol
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    ? swear nobody watches First Take but know everything Skip says daily and it's still one of if not the highest rated show on either major ESPN network.

cosign, somebody gotta be waychin this ? . ? swear they dont watch but somehow whenever somebody gets ethered real bad on there people postin it before the show even goes off and the thread does mad numbers in an hour. Yall like that ? show, stop frontin ? !!
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't front I like the show..specially
    When they have celeb guest
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Cari is a little annoying.

When SAS is in the middle of making a point and the cam is on him, you can hear her in the background like "yep, yep...uh huh, right on, Lakers, etc".

Its iike at times she has nothing to add on the topic but tries to add something anyway and resorts to "yep, yep...uh huh, right on, Lakers, etc".

My exact point... That trick adlibs for Stephen A. All the time, He tries to give her hints to ? bc you know he hates interrupting but she just keeps going on.... She cut Billy Bob Thornton off in the middle of a compelling point about sports today, I was like hell no does she know who my dude is, I know the producers ain't tellin her to do that ? ... She needs to step her game up, I bet ESPN gave her 1 of those 6th rounder non-guaranteed contract type deals

naw bruh i think the producers do tell her to cut them off sometimes for topic switches or commercial breaks.. but she is wack tho... i wish homeboy jay didnt go to sportcenter cuz he was the goat MODERATER not host...
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    ? swear nobody watches First Take but know everything Skip says daily and it's still one of if not the highest rated show on either major ESPN network.

Yup... I wouldn't even know Skip was still on TV if it wasn't for this forum's obsession.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I might start watching if they put on a cute female that actually REALLY knows sports.

Lisa Leslie is by no stretch of the imagination "cute", but I watch her on the local ABC post-game shows here in L.A. and she does a great job talking about the NBA. They should give her a look -- not even as a moderator but just as a guest to talk ball.

And the ugly is slowly dripping off her face as she gets older, believe it or not.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I listen to the podcast so I don't even get the sole redeeming factor of her looks. She's terrible in so many ways. Bad questions, bad follow-up questions, wack/uninteresting opinions, kills momentum, advocates social justice in the most annoying and hollow manner possible, can't rein in Skip n Stephen for ? , gets intimidated by guests, Lakers stanning, etc.
    I must say, I respect Skip's hustle. It's simple and actually hilarious how many nikkas fall for it, but I'm not surprised.

He's managed to take the Sports-talk radio style and merge it with the bias and ? of political demagoguery and make a killing with it.

He just combined Jim Rome and Rush Limbaugh and feeds it to dumb nikkas every morning.

"OH YOU TAKE THAT BACK MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE!"
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NNL>> First Take
  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't care, still like the show but, i ? with Jemele Hill. She knows what she's talking about
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    I might start watching if they put on a cute female that actually REALLY knows sports.

Lisa Leslie is by no stretch of the imagination "cute", but I watch her on the local ABC post-game shows here in L.A. and she does a great job talking about the NBA. They should give her a look -- not even as a moderator but just as a guest to talk ball.

And the ugly is slowly dripping off her face as she gets older, believe it or not.

Lisa is kinda a homer tho too. If Cari irks people already with that purple and gold running through the veins Lisa gonna make these cheap seat ? mad too.