Whats do dope about canada?or the uk for that matter.

Options

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Shad is better than k-os imo. Duke beat drake for the Juno award

Saw him at a McDonalds looking real bummy.

s.free wrote: »
    We wouldn't have let Zimmermann walk...

? this thread.

True.

• indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read that when Obama made an agreement with Canada to create a 'super' state the Canadian people lost all of their Sovereign rights. Is that true?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »
    Canada has the Queen too. I shook her hand when I was a Wee lad. ? had a stank garlic breath and a posh accent.

she run y'all ? for real? eww!
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    ^the only good thing Canada gave the world is jim carrey john candy tom green and melyssa ford oh I forgot kai.^
    *waves*. i'd move up there for the absence of people mean muggin' and lower crime rates and people who keep to themselves but I don't know if I can deal with the cold.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    Canada has the Queen too. I shook her hand when I was a Wee lad. ? had a stank garlic breath and a posh accent.

actually she just a figurehead and has no power in canada

let me get this straight are we talking about the queen of England here or does Canada also have a queen.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its not amerikkka
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    let me attempt to make a list about what's so great about Canada:

01. Canadians seem pretty nice, as a rule
    02. cities are surprisingly clean
    03. weather not so ? hot as it is in America right now
    04. lots of hockey and/or Native Americans if you're lacking those in your life (alternative: move to Minnesota)

seems like a solid start
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

actually she just a figurehead and has no power in canada

let me get this straight are we talking about the queen of England here or does Canada also have a queen.

She's the 'head of state'

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Canadians and the U.K. str8 with me.

it just when the Canadians say aboot

we don't say aboot, we say aboat

That's right.

Do you say it like that?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't usually come across people who think England is 'better' than the US. Its often the other way around. But for the sake of the thread,

NHS
    Very little gun crime
    Less racial tension
    Less political scandals
    We don't have an equivalent to Fox News
    We have the Beatles
    ? the monarchy
    Football is our country is widely accepted as the best -
    - But our national team (men, women and the youth) just can not seem to get it right
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Shad is better than k-os imo. Duke beat drake for the Juno award

Saw him at a McDonalds looking real bummy.

s.free wrote: »
    We wouldn't have let Zimmermann walk...

? this thread.

True.

In Vancouver?
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Canada, wack me or hit me with some feelings.

<trolling for effect>
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^ She's What's Dope about Canada

Canadian Bacon Kai

Kay too

Tabatha and Moreno are in the U.K.
  • t.i's girl
    t.i's girl Members Posts: 2
    Options
    Da U.K iz dope??? Since When???
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    t.i's girl wrote: »

IDK, Yo

You tell us T.I.'s Girl?
  • t.i's girl
    t.i's girl Members Posts: 2
    Options
    9TRAY_93EB wrote: »
    t.i's girl wrote: »

IDK, Yo

You tell us T.I.'s Girl?

If only there was something, dope, about it, 2tell
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rah rah Raspoutine
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Very little gun crime
    counterpoint: less access to awesome guns because British people are more sissified. booo
    Less racial tension
    Less political scandals
    i can't prove it but it seems like these things exist equally here and there, but in different manners
    We don't have an equivalent to Fox News
    somehow this feels inaccurate since Murdoch is all over the UK
    We have the Beatles
    counterpoint: 50% of them are dead, 25% of them always sucked, and they haven't released an album since 1970.
    ? the monarchy
    please don't steal the motto America was founded on
    Football is our country is widely accepted as the best -
    that ? ain't football, man
    9TRAY_93EB wrote: »
    ^^ She's What's Dope about Canada
    Canadian Bacon Kai
    Kay too
    Tabatha and Moreno are in the U.K.
    counterpoint: since girls on the internet are not real, i don't think you can count the above

sorry fictional ladies

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I find it funny or some ? when Canadians and UK folk on here acting like they countries don't have issues. Yes america is ? up in all kinds of ways but the UK and Canada both have their issues. They both have strong racism and only don't show it cause their countries are more white than america. Canada has had racial issues but they are hidden hell it was in Canada in a preseason game a man threw a banana on the ice when a black NHL player took a penalty shot.

In the UK there is a strong hate for minorities from the middle east and africa. And again the only reason it isn't shown as much is cause white people still have the majority of power. Most minority urban areas are fine. But when a few minority gorups move to mostly white areas its an issue in the UK. Not to mention just like the rest of europe at times there are racist chants in the stands of soccer games and some disgust for african and latin american players who play in the EPL.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    I find it funny or some ? when Canadians and UK folk on here acting like they countries don't have issues. Yes america is ? up in all kinds of ways but the UK and Canada both have their issues. They both have strong racism and only don't show it cause their countries are more white than america. Canada has had racial issues but they are hidden hell it was in Canada in a preseason game a man threw a banana on the ice when a black NHL player took a penalty shot.

In the UK there is a strong hate for minorities from the middle east and africa. And again the only reason it isn't shown as much is cause white people still have the majority of power. Most minority urban areas are fine. But when a few minority gorups move to mostly white areas its an issue in the UK. Not to mention just like the rest of europe at times there are racist chants in the stands of soccer games and some disgust for african and latin american players who play in the EPL.

I think it's deeper then just not showing it. Racism is imbedded in the culture over here with Americans in the south still wishing for their racist state to rise again. There is also the fact that there were all out race wars here and even a civil war with race being one of the igniting issues. Race in the UK and Canada does exist but i think they nip in in the bud when it appears publicly quicker too because they are quicker to apply anti racism laws to maintain their myth that they are homogeneous.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

I think it's deeper then just not showing it. Racism is imbedded in the culture over here with Americans in the south still wishing for their racist state to rise again. There is also the fact that there were all out race wars here and even a civil war with race being one of the igniting issues. Race in the UK and Canada does exist but i think they nip in in the bud when it appears publicly quicker too because they are quicker to apply anti racism laws to maintain their myth that they are homogeneous.

We just don't see the racism overseas shown on media outlets. I mean that biracial chick on the US womens team experienced allot of racism but it just didn't make the news out there. And the reason race isn't as public is because again white people outnumber and have the most powerful jobs in the UK and Canada so other races aren't as much of a threat. But if the % of blacks or minorities in general jumped in the UK you would see it more publically like in America. Cause in the US central and south american immigrants are becoming so high in population they might be the majority in 15 years. Asians are coming over here in high lengths for jobs they are skilled at as well so again white america feels threatened. Let that happen in Canada and the UK and ? would be juts as hostile as it is at times in america.
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Canadians and the U.K. str8 with me.

it just when the Canadians say aboot

we don't say aboot, we say aboat

That's right.

Do you say it like that?

lol, yes
    ? Wight wrote: »
    ? Canada, wack me or hit me with some feelings.

<trolling for effect>

if you have to announce your trolling, you're doing it wrong

Wasn't really trolling, more talking ? cause I was bored. Just a little mental diarrhea. Figured WTF but Canada does suck or the Canadians here in the USA would hop skip and jump back there.

So I ask you Canadians, what brought you to the US and what keeps you here? Going back for vacations and such doesn't count.

This only applies to those of you Canadians who live in The States. Who knows maybe I am missing some gem the country has to offer.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

We just don't see the racism overseas shown on media outlets. I mean that biracial chick on the US womens team experienced allot of racism but it just didn't make the news out there. And the reason race isn't as public is because again white people outnumber and have the most powerful jobs in the UK and Canada so other races aren't as much of a threat. But if the % of blacks or minorities in general jumped in the UK you would see it more publically like in America. Cause in the US central and south american immigrants are becoming so high in population they might be the majority in 15 years. Asians are coming over here in high lengths for jobs they are skilled at as well so again white america feels threatened. Let that happen in Canada and the UK and ? would be juts as hostile as it is at times in america.

White America has felt threatened since they had blacks in chains. At what point weren't they openly racist? Blacks are still marginalized by a large degree even though many found success. The sort of racism you speak on has been a struggle since America conjured parts of Mexico. Those people have always been there and have always outnumbered whites in this hemisphere with their fake borders. It's not like they have to catch a boat or travel over mountains.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    Blacks are on front street and are still the low end of the totem poll as evidenced by the Zimmerman case not matter if Mexicans take over everything. I think it's more of a cultural thing and not as much of a dismissive and ingrained anger when it comes to white racism towards blacks compared with other minorities. No one wants to see their culture erased, but Europe at least has a claim to that land that is legit.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

White America has felt threatened since they had blacks in chains. At what point weren't they openly racist? Blacks are still marginalized by a large degree even though many found success. The sort of racism you speak on has been a struggle since America conjured parts of Mexico. Those people have always been there and have always outnumbered whites in this hemisphere with their fake borders. It's not like they have to catch a boat or travel over mountains.

Negroids need to stick together regardless of class and origin it that won't ever happen.