Options
2»

Comments

• Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Who is Childish Gambino and why are ? given?

I don't care about who he said it to...it's more about the notion in general. This is basically the reversal of the Chris Rock "black people vs. ? " joke. I'm still not sure it wasn't sarcastic. Like dude said, Lupe has a weird sense of humor.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they both need to ?
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Wow, whats up with these Chicago cats this weekend?

white715 wrote: »
    Thought this thread was a complete waste of my time but J-Breezy saved it with his sig

tumblr_mn8vzp0Rn51rgmpuko1_500.gif

Homie the only reason i unhide signatures from time to time.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was supposed to be a joke along the lines of a bunch of other jokes he was telling.
    Lupe Fiasco unleashed some unwarranted beef against actor-turned-rapper Donald Glover aka the Childish Gambino. As race and civil rights tensions are at an all-time high in the aftermath of the Trayvon Martin murder trial, Fiasco had to go on and open a whole new can of worms.

It all seemingly started out in jest, when the Food & Liquor rapper tweeted that "Roscoe's should serve a 2pc. white with beans and call it "The Wind Beneath My Wings." Actually, kinda really funny if you think about it. The folks at the LupeFiascoStore.com thoughts so too, so they tweeted back: "@LupeFiasco can we get one stand-up from you? Just one? I don't care when you do it.. I just need a formal comedy show starring Lupe Fiasco."

Lupe's reply: "That's like pulling a @DonaldGlover in reverse." We'll note that this tweet was more of an obvious remark than offensive response.

"LupeFiasco speaking of which, you guys should do something.. doesn't have to be music either. @DonaldGlover," replied LupeFiascoStore.com. Quite a friendly suggestion, we might add. Here's where things took a nosedive...

Lupe's response to collaborating with Gambino? "Nah, I don't work with blacks @lupefiascostore @DonaldGlover," Fiasco tweeted.

One fan was quick to note:

@LupeFiasco @lupefiascostore @DonaldGlover .....u just did a song with wale and rick Ross?

"Those were ? ," tweeted Fiasco. "Blacks and ? come from 2 completely different parts of the chicken... @datkidsqweent @lupefiascostore @DonaldGlover."

The last tweet lit up a Twitter storm, with Fiasco's name soon trending on the social media site. Whether Fiasco was just trying to bring his impromptu Twitter standup stint full-circle by bringing chicken back into it, only Fiasco will know. Still, it was Childish Gambino who had the last word.

@DonaldGlover

Lupe fiasco a hoe ass ? And wen I see him I'ma smack him like da lil ? he is

UPDATE: Fiasco has given us side eyes and revealed he indeed meant the whole exchange as a joke. Here's what he tweeted @VIBEMagazine:

"Well that settles it...even wit a private twitter & obvious jokes I still somehow make headlines... #sideeyes @VibeMagazine @childishgambino."

Bottom line: Bad joke.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @IceBergTaylor & the other cat who dropped the twitter timeline

Thanks for dropping the whole way ? went down. When you see it all the way and how it started it makes more sense and it's clear to see he was joking.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the ? was funny as hell. I really don't see what the problem was. And Glover's other occupation as a comedic writer should've played a part in how he handled this. It's relatively easy to see how this was a joke. ? need to get outta they feelings.

S/N: I'm waiting on Lu to pull a Bruce Lee move on a ? . That will truly be comedic gold.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Gambino virtually got trolled?
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    him and lil B prolly the only rappers lupe can actually beat up
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he aint gonna do ? .
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    i'm lost.
    can somebody explain this ?

who is the first girl in ur sig
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DonaldGlover

Didn't Keef say the same thing about Lupe? I see this as just Gambino making jokes...both of them making jokes. them ? ain't beefing
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I swear I can't read tweets for ? . I dunno what any of that Lupe ? said...
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bkkbully wrote: »
    @DonaldGlover

Didn't Keef say the same thing about Lupe? I see this as just Gambino making jokes...both of them making jokes. them ? ain't beefing

Exactly...Average ? have no sense of sarcasm whatsoever, I swear...
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought it was funny when Gambino dissed Wiz.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bkkbully wrote: »
    @DonaldGlover

YYOwbWf.png

eddiemurphyyesnodapprov.gif

So they were both trolling...guess there's nothing to see here
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »
    him and lil B prolly the only rappers lupe can actually beat up

Actually dude could probably beat most rappers. He into martial arts real heavy.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ricky.G wrote: »
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    i'm lost.
    can somebody explain this ?

who is the first girl in ur sig

Claudia Verela
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Childish gambino trolled the ? out if everybody it seems lol.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Childish gambino, uncle muder, mike will, chinx drugs, who the ? are these ? people? No ? given about ? using italian names, ? got identiy crisis
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    Options
    So even when Lupe is cracking jokes, it's clear he is still going over people's heads. SMH.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is this lupes official twitter account?? that name looks a fishy .......
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So even when Lupe is cracking jokes, it's clear he is still going over people's heads. SMH.

that tends to happen with artist like him who are more serious than other artist who do play around and arent so serious ... like ludacris if he had typed that he might of gotten a totally different reaction .......