Serious questions about 5%ers.

Options
niggasthesedays
niggasthesedays Members Posts: 244 ✭✭
edited July 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
What are the core values of that religion..is it all about white bashing like extreme feminist are with men?

Do you have to be black only?

Do they believe in the same Allah as
Islamics?

Does Egyptology play an important role?

Are there any on this board?

I think I've also heard of 2%ers or 10%ers
not entirely sure, school me. I know I usually just troll 75% of the time but this is a serious topic.

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its not a religion... they believe Islam is a way of life...
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I'mma see if anyone can help you here but the most knowledgable people in this area are usually @ http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/the-social-lounge
  • niggasthesedays
    Options
    @stopitfive I've been doing some reading and watching some vids a lot of ppl have a completely different opinion
  • niggasthesedays
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    @stopitfive I've been doing some reading and watching some vids a lot of ppl have a completely different opinion

not only do I know 5%er, I've done my research as well...
    look up Clarence 13X...
  • niggasthesedays
    Options
    Aite will do idk why tf all my threads post I'm reason though.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I've been studying NGE/5% theology for 25 years. I'll break it down like this. In 1930, a man named W.F. Muhammad came to Detroit, Michigan and started teaching black people a religion that he called Islam. He started what would later become known as Temple #1. When the police found out what he was doing he was ordered out of Detroit. He gave special instructions to one of his followers, Elijah Muhammad. Then W.F. Muhammad moved to Chicago and started Temple #2 and showed Elijah Muhammad how to set up a temple. Around 1934, W.F. Muhammad mysteriously disappeared but he left Elijah Muhammad in charge. The organization that he/they founded was The Nation of Islam. When Elijah Muhammad died in 1975 there were over 75 temples across America.

The Nation of Islam's core beliefs are based on The Supreme Wisdom Lessons(which you can find online if you look hard enough). The Nation of Islam's Supreme Wisdom Lessons are as follows;

1. The Original Rules of Instructions (1-13)
    2. Actual Facts (1-20)
    3. The Student Enrollment (1-10)
    4. The English Lesson C-1 (1-36)
    5. The Lost Found Muslim Lesson (1-14)
    6. The Lost Found Muslim Lesson (1-40)
    7. The Problem Book (1-34)

So Elijah Muhammad made all of his followers study those lessons. He also wrote several books in the 1950s and 60s that Nation of Islam followers study. Sometime around 1963-65, one of his followers, Clarence 13X from Temple #7 in Harlem, NY left the temple and started his own movement. He took the lessons that Elijah Muhammad taught and began teaching outside of the temple. He added two (or three) lessons, The Supreme Mathematics and The Supreme Alphabets. That organization is called The Nation of Gods and Earths, although there's another organization called The Five Percent Nation of Islam, which is basically the same thing (its like the difference between Lutherans, Episcopalians, 7th Day Adventists and Baptists). There's also an organization called The Allah team that has a website.

So anyway, the 5% Nations Lessons are called "120" and are as follows;

1. The Supreme Mathematics (1-10)
    2. The Supreme Alphabets (1-26)
    3. The Student Enrollment (1-10)
    4. The English Lesson (C-1)
    5. The Lost Found Muslim Lesson (1-14)
    6. The Lost Found Muslim Lesson (1-40)
    7. The Actual Facts (1-13)
    8. Solar Facts (1-9)

Most 5%ers end up joining the Nation of Islam which is currently led by Minister Louis Farrakhan.

I hope that answers your question.
  • niggasthesedays
    edited July 2013
    Options
    What are the core values of that religion..is it all about white bashing like extreme feminist are with men?

Do you have to be black only?

Do they believe in the same Allah as Islamics?

Does Egyptology play an important role?

Are there any on this board?

Isn't like the NOI or something like that?

I think I've also heard of 2%ers or 10%ers not entirely sure, school me. I know I usually just troll 75% of the time but this is a serious topic.
  • niggasthesedays
    Options
    It does thanks.
  • niggasthesedays
    Options
    Are there any famous 5%ers in the black community?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know some 5%ers and they typically believe that the black man is ? in a traditional sense (creator of everything, original man).

Is an offshoot of the NOI as Clarence 13X broke off from the group and started the 5% Nation of Gods and Earths.

I'm not sure if Egyptology is involved or if there are smaller sects. On the subject of whether its black only I can't only say I've only known blacks to subscribe to it.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    they believe Islam is a way of life not a religion...
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are there any famous 5%ers in the black community?

Well, Minister Farrakhan drew a crowd of a million black men at the Million Man March in 1995.