so I've hit that age where a sports car is inevitable

Options

Comments

• wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, I didn't want to be the one to say it but those old ass cars are ugly(besides the NSX) and go cost a grip to maintain, even if you do your own work. If a somebody told me they drove a porsche and I went outside and saw some old 20+ year old car I'd be disappointed. There is a older cat in my neighborhood that has a old porsche, I laugh when ever I see him driving it cause its so feminine plus its the entry level model.

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Get the NSX

Been leaning towards that for a while. I'd prefer the Lotus Esprit if it wasn't for all the maintenance issues I've been reading about.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NSX but idk if u really wanna risk breaking ? tracking it
  • konceptjones
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    NSX but idk if u really wanna risk breaking ? tracking it

It wouldn't be something I'd do on a regular basis.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you're talking a track car I'd say C5 or S2000 or 350Z

but I see these have already been mentioned
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Weekends, once a month or so on a Friday to the office, date night with the missus, and perhaps a few laps around a track.

ohhh OK I see

if you're an american car guy, C6.
    It will run with anything around the track. Looks really good. The LS motor will do ok with a few hours on the track, just dont beat on it too hard.

Iterior is inferior, but depends on what u like.

• wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    b00kie wrote: »
    Weekends, once a month or so on a Friday to the office, date night with the missus, and perhaps a few laps around a track.

ohhh OK I see

It will run with anything around the track. Looks really good. The LS motor will do ok with a few hours on the track, just dont beat on it too hard.

Great post. That's been my main complaint about the Vette, its has a Cobalt/Impala/Monte Carlo pieced together interior.

• Lurker6
    Options

take the z off the list....its kinda slow and to make it fast its expensive/ not worth it. Everything said about the C6 is on the money. Only thing i might add is its relatively cheap to make power.
  • konceptjones
    Options

ohhh OK I see

I hate the way GM put hard creased edges on the C6, hence I don't like them... Plus they got rid of the pop up lights and we all know pop-up lights >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• konceptjones
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »

take the z off the list....its kinda slow and to make it fast its expensive/ not worth it. Everything said about the C6 is on the money. Only thing i might add is its relatively cheap to make power.

Truthfully, I considered a 300ZX-TT for a long time and it's still in the back of my head. I'm not a fan of the chunky/chubby look that Nissan did with the newer Z cars (but the 1st Gen Infiniti G35 coupe gets a pass).
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I hope you have a house first.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doubletee wrote: »
    I tell people all the time i have a sports car (03 marauder)

Not a sports car...

Ummm i know that #sarcastic.
  • konceptjones
    edited June 2013
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    I hope you have a house first.

I just sold my crib in Jan and closed on the new crib in Feb (right before I got laid off).

But, be honest, how many cats do you know that are bouncin Benz, BMW, Lexus, or whatever and living in an apartment? I'm talking about a car cheaper than any new luxury joint you can buy new these days.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nsx or older vette
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kinda biased 'cause i think all porsches are ugly, but i'd roll with the nsx out of those.
    i don't know if you're mechanically inclined and have the patience and all, but if i had 20,000k to spend on a car, i would build something myself. i'd rather have something unique.
    if i was to get a car that was already built quick for that price tho, i'd prolly get a grand national.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • konceptjones
    Options
    Lincoln wrote: »
    kinda biased 'cause i think all porsches are ugly, but i'd roll with the nsx out of those.
    i don't know if you're mechanically inclined and have the patience and all, but if i had 20,000k to spend on a car, i would build something myself. i'd rather have something unique.
    if i was to get a car that was already built quick for that price tho, i'd prolly get a grand national.

Grand National is good in a straight line, but sucks on a track.

If I were to build something out, I have a shitload of choices... Too many choices really, including the Porsche 944 Turbo S.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you not good at turning wrenches, I wouldn't even ? wit them Porsches. you gone eat thru your 401K quikcer than a ? ..lol.. but if you good wit them tools, I would get the 928(Scarface) , they are more rare than thte 944 and harder to find. Then after while after you park the 928, gone cop that NSX. Start a fleet ? ...lol
  • konceptjones
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    If you not good at turning wrenches, I wouldn't even ? wit them Porsches. you gone eat thru your 401K quikcer than a ? ..lol.. but if you good wit them tools, I would get the 928(Scarface) , they are more rare than thte 944 and harder to find. Then after while after you park the 928, gone cop that NSX. Start a fleet ? ...lol

I do the majority of the work on my cars myself (except the ML). I used to build and tune Mustangs back inna day. I'm no stranger to a torque wrench.

I pass by a mint condition gunmetal grey 928 every morning on my way to work. ? just looks beautiful sittin there.

The 944 has to be a 944 Turbo S (DOHC engine vs the original 944 Turbo's SOHC engine) or better or it simply ain't worth it.
  • Squidward Tentacles
    Squidward Tentacles Members Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    Options
    the lotus looks like a hot wheel in that pic.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    I've run across 3 NSX's in the last two days. Fate may be trying to tell me something...
  • Lurker6
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Long video but, its interesting; gives u tips on buying an NSX n wut not
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il3Z5adYs_Q
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Acura is shittin
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »

I do the majority of the work on my cars myself (except the ML). I used to build and tune Mustangs back inna day. I'm no stranger to a torque wrench.

I pass by a mint condition gunmetal grey 928 every morning on my way to work. ? just looks beautiful sittin there.

The 944 has to be a 944 Turbo S (DOHC engine vs the original 944 Turbo's SOHC engine) or better or it simply ain't worth it.

Then there you go. Since you ain't scared to get your hands ? gone jump that 928 and slap some 18inch HRE's on that ? .

the NSX's are not as rare but they are becoming like the Buick Grand National, parked and peeked at. the Porsche is meant to be driven.

So if you plan on "Driving" then the 928 is your best bet in my opinion. and the ? ??....

OLD LAWD THE ? !!..THEY GO CRAZY OVER THESE CARS MANE!!!!

tumblr_lyo2bd2lnk1qioajyo1_500.jpg