black people are hypocrites and in general lack critical thinking skills

Options

Comments

• Wild Willie in the A
    Wild Willie in the A Members Posts: 281
    Options
    back to what @Halfabrick first brought up, a clear example of black people lacking critical thinking skills is the arguement I've heard soooooo many times over the last few weeks, which is "he had the right to be there"... I've tried to rationalize to many different people over the course of several seperate incidents that "having the right" to do something or be somewhere has nothing to do with anything. Simple conflict resolution can avoid alot of things.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Halfabrick wrote: »
    kzzl wrote: »
    My criticism of don lemon stems from me questioning the true intent of his criticism. We know these problems exist, we know they need to be corrected. Efforts are being made. But the segment struck me as condescending blame to our culture for our injustice in this country. Cause it ain't our culture that's bringing the constant injustice towards our people, it's the racism of this country.

He simply tried to feed us the same stereotypes society uses against us, which is some uncle tom ? . They're claiming that the dudes a ? anyway. If that's true, he should know enough about discrimination to not just start pointing fingers with typical deflections that distract from the real issue.

But that's what house ? do. Put down other blacks and tell master, "we's sho' told them, masa".
    Since you actually took time to write a civil reply. Ill reply to waht you said. This here is not true what black people do not see is whole picture does racism exist? yes but we ourselves are far more destructive just look around how the black on black crime the church single parent household is destroying black community

How is that not true? Racism is the bigger problem here.

There are destructive factors in our community. I'd like to say that solving all these problems would solve the rest. But the fact is that we can't really say that. We can't say that up lifting the black community is going to do us any good when great men have tried that already. They tried and were killed as a result. Men far more educated, disciplined, and versed in the power voice than any of us. They didn't wear baggy clothes, they weren't in the trap house, they were the complete opposite of our modern stereotypes. Still they were hated and murdered by the hundreds in the past.

What's to say that donning a suit, reading a few books, and going cold turkey is going to change anything. No amount of education and fancy clothes is going to change that we're black. And when it's their hate for the color of our skin that started all this you can't just point the blame at hip hop culture and loose women.

You never deconstructed what I said you just simply reworded a few things to make it sound like you did. I already acknowledged racism is a problem and it exists. But the picture is far bigger than just white people hating black people. it's not Racism that is causing all this destructive behavior done by black people to black people

You bolded that me saying racism was an issue wasn't true. I explained to you one of the reasons I think it is in detail.

You're misunderstand my first response to you. I ALREADY ACKNOWLEDGED racism existed before you explained in detail

And as I said to that response, simply cleaning up the community may not be enough. As I tried to convey in that response, there's a bigger issue at hand that still may prevent a rising community. A bigger issue that has done so many times in the past to stop it. Focusing on black genocide is not the only, nor greatest obstacle we face.
  • Wild Willie in the A
    Options
    My criticism of don lemon stems from me questioning the true intent of his criticism. We know these problems exist, we know they need to be corrected. Efforts are being made. But the segment struck me as condescending blame to our culture for our injustice in this country. Cause it ain't our culture that's bringing the constant injustice towards our people, it's the racism of this country.

He simply tried to feed us the same stereotypes society uses against us, which is some uncle tom ? . They're claiming that the dudes a ? anyway. If that's true, he should know enough about discrimination to not just start pointing fingers with typical deflections that distract from the real issue.

But that's what house ? do. Put down other blacks and tell master, "we's sho' told them, masa".
    Since you actually took time to write a civil reply. Ill reply to waht you said. This here is not true what black people do not see is whole picture does racism exist? yes but we ourselves are far more destructive just look around how the black on black crime the church single parent household is destroying black community

There are destructive factors in our community. I'd like to say that solving all these problems would solve the rest. But the fact is that we can't really say that. We can't say that up lifting the black community is going to do us any good when great men have tried that already. They tried and were killed as a result. Men far more educated, disciplined, and versed in the power voice than any of us. They didn't wear baggy clothes, they weren't in the trap house, they were the complete opposite of our modern stereotypes. Still they were hated and murdered by the hundreds in the past.

What's to say that donning a suit, reading a few books, and going cold turkey is going to change anything. No amount of education and fancy clothes is going to change that we're black. And when it's their hate for the color of our skin that started all this you can't just point the blame at hip hop culture and loose women.

You never deconstructed what I said you just simply reworded a few things to make it sound like you did. I already acknowledged racism is a problem and it exists. But the picture is far bigger than just white people hating black people. it's not Racism that is causing all this destructive behavior done by black people to black people

You bolded that me saying racism was an issue wasn't true. I explained to you one of the reasons I think it is in detail.

You're misunderstand my first response to you. I ALREADY ACKNOWLEDGED racism existed before you explained in detail

And as I said to that response, simply cleaning up the community may not be enough. As I tried to convey in that response, there's a bigger issue at hand that still may prevent a rising community. A bigger issue that has done so many times in the past to stop it. Focusing on black genocide is not the only, nor greatest obstacle we face.

But you gotta start somewhere, Don Lemon just put forth some starting points and like usual people were distracted by one thing or another and we're back to square one. Why not say "those are some good points Don Lemon made, we can start with that, now here are some other issues we need to figure out a way to tackle."
  • Star Nine
    Star Nine Members Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like i said before i already said racism exist BEFORE you explained in detail. You among other black people have this blame every thing on race solution without seeing the whole picture. Is it racism that forces black on black crime or the degeneration of the black female or forcing black children to be brought up in a single parent household?
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there is a lot of work to be done
  • Wild Willie in the A
    Options

Like i said before i already said racism exist BEFORE you explained in detail. You among other black people have this blame every thing on race solution without seeing the whole picture. Is it racism that forces black on black crime or the degeneration of the black female or forcing black children to be brought up in a single parent household?

NOPE!!!!
  • Star Nine
    Options

this is what @kzzl and other black people fail to see THE BIGGER PCITURE. And it what you have those black leaders who manipulate people like kzzl for their own advantage. Many of these black leaders are rich and don't even live in the hood
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We can't be grouped together. We're all different. Black people are what you would call, a group of individuals.

.... Also this whole conversation is a big distraction. Worry about your part of the world, not the world in its entirety. If you get to a position where you can influence others, then act accordingly.

Except that whole stance is false. If people thought that way, the Civil Rights movement never would have occurred. Just because you're different doesn't mean you can't stand for and work towards a common cause.

You're taking it out of context. I'm talking about now in 2013. In 2013, we are a group of individuals. We all have completely different stances when it comes to race relations, equality, problems in the black community etc. Some of us think there's a lot of work to be done, some of us think we've made it, some of us think everything is fine... and the list goes on and on.

Basically, there are too many chiefs right now. Because of this, my solution is for everyone to worry about their part of the world, unless they're in a position to EFFECTIVELY influence people on a larger scale.

I didn't take what you said out of context. You think everyone during the Civil Rights era agreed on what should be done or how it should be done? Of course not. That didn't stop them from obtaining the goal, and it wouldn't stop us if we actually tried. And how exactly does your view differ from what's currently being done? It sounds to me like you're an advocate for maintaining the status quo and hoping it all works out for the best for everyone.
  • kzzl
    edited July 2013
    Options

But you gotta start somewhere, Don Lemon just put forth some starting points and like usual people were distracted by one thing or another and we're back to square one. Why not say "those are some good points Don Lemon made, we can start with that, now here are some other issues we need to figure out a way to tackle."

I don't trust the media. As my grandmother would say, "Even the devil would loan you a dollar."

Then refers to bill o'reilly of all people as saying something prolific. He's constantly dragged our culture through the mud and now this white boy knows how to save the negroes? Like blacks ain't been trying to get right and teach kids better for years already? Sounds like another hollywood slave movie.

I don't know lemon. Has he done anything about police brutality? The on going "war on drugs"? Have there been a consistent set of segments he's hosted to show he's really just giving tough love? Or did he just suddenly get the urge to do the right thing? If he continues to speak on such issues and tell the whole story from here on out, I'll consider him legit maybe.

But I've seen enough of o'reilly and faux to know they ain't ? to be co-signing. My pride won't let me. Especially when it's the same ? I, we, have already be saying for years. I won't give such an enemy the luxury. False prophets... we already know how that ends.
  • Star Nine
    Options
  • Star Nine
    Options
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Don Lemon is a white man's fun boy

his 5 pts were stupid
  • Wild Willie in the A
    Options

I don't trust the media. As my grandmother would say, "Even the devil would loan you a dollar."

Then refers to bill o'reilly of all people as saying something prolific. He's constantly dragged our culture through the mud and now this white boy knows how to save the negroes? Like blacks ain't been trying to get right and teach kids better for years already? Sounds like another hollywood slave movie.

I don't know lemon. Has he done anything about police brutality? The on going "war on drugs"? Have there been a consistent set of segments he's hosted to show he's really just giving tough love? Or did he just suddenly get the urge to do the right thing? If he continues to speak on such issues and tell the whole story from here on out, I'll consider him legit maybe.

But I've seen enough of o'reilly and faux to know they ain't ? to be co-signing. My pride won't let me. Especially when it's the same ? I, we, have already be saying for years. I won't give such an enemy the luxury. False prophets... we already know how that ends.

So you as well as many other people just let the messenger distract you from the message, legit or not?
  • Wild Willie in the A
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Don Lemon is a white man's fun boy

his 5 pts were stupid

what does the bolded have to do with anything?? MLK could have said the same thing...
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if u think I lack critical thinking skills read some of my posts with a unbiased thought process...

btw why is yo name halfabrick when yo posting style is nowhere near hood?
  • Star Nine
    Options
    if u think I lack critical thinking skills read some of my posts with a unbiased thought process...

So i cant be intelligent and be from the hood now? You see people it's thanks to baboons like @damobb2deep why the black community is in decline
  • damobb2deep
    Options

So i cant be intelligent and be from the hood now? You see people it's thanks to baboons like @damobb2deep why the black community is in decline

read that post again and show me where I said u cant be from the hood?
  • Star Nine
    Options

that's basically what you meant
  • damobb2deep
    Options

that's basically what you meant

umm no its not...
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    our problem is that we only the cause of our ills in the outside (racism, jim crow, slavery). we have to see what's wrong with us too in order to completly improve.
  • kzzl
    Options

My point has never been to stress about black on black crime. Black on black genocide is a definite problem of course. Yes we do have a responsibility to that as well. That's common sense, anybody can see that already. We have our part to be accountable for.

What you, and lemon, seem to be dancing from is the hand that racism plays in the bigger picture as well. In fact, it is the picture. I'm you can't just blame the ? , ignoring the elephant in the room. Cause that seems to be all you do. In every post you make on these subjects, you just blame the ? .

You're trying the whole "pull up your boot straps" routine, but they took the laces out of them before they gave them to us. How many more black people have to attempt to unite and die, before you realize this isn't just about a pocket full of stones and bad ? . We're in this situation cause they want us to be from what history has shown.
  • kzzl
    Options

So you as well as many other people just let the messenger distract you from the message, legit or not?

The message is older that he is. He ain't the first, he ain't the last, and he's far from credible. Even I've been telling people the same message for years as it was already passed down to me. By real people that understood the real problems.

Dude is spam mail far as I'm concerned right now.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My point has never been to stress about black on black crime. Black on black genocide is a definite problem of course. Yes we do have a responsibility to that as well. That's common sense, anybody can see that already. We have our part to be accountable for.

What you, and lemon, seem to be dancing from is the hand that racism plays in the bigger picture as well. In fact, it is the picture. I'm you can't just blame the ? , ignoring the elephant in the room. Cause that seems to be all you do. In every post you make on these subjects, you just blame the ? .

You're trying the whole "pull up your boot straps" routine, but they took the laces out of them before they gave them to us. How many more black people have to attempt to unite and die, before you realize this isn't just about a pocket full of stones and bad ? . We're in this situation cause they want us to be from what history has shown.

I think Don Lemon and the intelligent Blacks that support his stance have seen the results of waiting for Whites to realize they are in the wrong and for them to change their ways. Guess what? That ? ain't happening. I agree with your belief that whites have ? us over time and time again and continue to do so. So why are we, as a collective, continually looking to them for answers on how to fix us?? That's what I don't get with people constantly bringing whites into this argument. Don Lemon didn't inject whites into the conversation, his detractors did. We have a responsibility to fix ourselves for US. To build better legacies of Black pride for US. To circulate black dollars in black businesses for US. If we can figure out how to do that, how would White's opinions of us affect us?? Our reality now is that we have to obtain the means to do so. That means dressing respectable and acting respectable. That is the big picture people fail to notice
  • kzzl
    Options

NOPE!!!!

I suggest you look up the documentary on Planned Parenthood. There's a book as well, but I can't recall it. It's the in the video, though. Never the less, the black family was targeted years ago.
  • Star Nine
    Options

NOPE!!!!

I suggest you look up the documentary on Planned Parenthood. There's a book as well, but I can't recall it. It's the in the video, though. Never the less, the black family was targeted years ago.

Fam how old are you? You're so lost it's sad