List the top 15 Point Guards in the NBA currently

Options

Comments

• #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I can't believe @Smokelahoma that you are seriously doubting how great Durant is as a player. Memphis had 1 of if not the best defense in the NBA last season and Durant still roasted them.

At the end of the game it is way easier to key in on 1 player to stop than multiple players not to mention how much more of a scoring and facilitating role Durant had to take on which clearly sapped a lot of his energy late in those games. Durant looked tired as ? against Memphis in damn near every 4 quarter towards the end of the games.

1 player usually isn't going to beat a well coached all around team in a series.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    ? if anybody got exposed in the OKC & Memphis series it was coach Scott Brooks.

He clearly didn't know how to gear the offense to play towards the strengths of Kevin Martin and did a bad job adjusting to the loss of Westbrook and Lionel Hollins coaching tactic's. It was sad to see how Durant went 1 on 5 against Memphis defense most of the time having to force and make bad shot attempt after bad shot attempt.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Lol @ some of these OKC fans, there's only 2 OKC fans here. Just say it's Smokelahoma. He's the one who actually said his team was done and felt sick to his stomach after Westbrook went down. Greenwood never stopped believing in his team.
    WHAT? man ? this ? . we done, I aint watchin no more. this has easily been one of the ? 2 weeks of my life.

Greenwood was stubborn as ever throughout that Memphis series till the end lol.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    edited August 2013
    Options
    as per @infamous114's request I edited my comment above. LOL
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ some of these OKC fans, there's only 2 OKC fans here. Just say it's Smokelahoma. He's the one who actually said his team was done and felt sick to his stomach after Westbrook went down. Greenwood never stopped believing in his team.
    WHAT? man ? this ? . we done, I aint watchin no more. this has easily been one of the ? 2 weeks of my life.

As close as *every* game in that series was, I had no reason to not believe.

*shrug*

But hey, that's how we do...

@ the 0:34 mark...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BItE8Z3eYiQ
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    First of all why Yall giving Conely all these props like he was guarding CP3.

You can't play a ? to a stand still if you didn't guard him.

CP3 had a 1st team defender on him. Tony Allen, who always been one of the best perimeter defenders the last 5 years...

? don't watch games... Smh

you think cp3 is better than tony parker

Yup...

so tony allen could contain cp3 who u think is better than parker but couldnt contain parker?

Parker is the worst defender at the PG.

? think offense is the end all when it comes to basketball..

Regardless of what yall say, TP was getting lock up against Rio and Cole the first 3 3/4 quarters all series long.

Why he couldn't dominate them?

And LBJ took the last 4 minutes of the game to lock him up.

Besides a lucky ass shot in game one he struggled all 7 games against lesser PGs..

so we gon act like he didnt hurt his hamstring in game 3 and them ? was not lockin up tony maybe bron but thats it, plus i never said parker was a great defender i was just wondering how tony allen can contain cp3 but not parker considering you think he is better than him

Tony Allen can do a great job containing either one.
    And either one can get buckets on Tony Allen.

What are you saying. It aint 100% either way

he was making it seem like tony was lockin up cp3 and thats why conley was looking like he was keepin up so i said then why didnt he do the same thing to tony parker considering he thinks cp3 is better than he is
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    @blu197 log off bro.

Just ban me ? , this forum is wack and full of lames....

@D.D.S.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? if anybody got exposed in the OKC & Memphis series it was coach Scott Brooks.

He clearly didn't know how to gear the offense to play towards the strengths of Kevin Martin and did a bad job adjusting to the loss of Westbrook and Lionel Hollins coaching tactic's. It was sad to see how Durant went 1 on 5 against Memphis defense most of the time having to force and make bad shot attempt after bad shot attempt.

I can agree with that. Ive been very critical of Scott Brooks. His rotations are WOAT and doesnt draw up plays but would rather run Durant ISO's when everybody expects it.

I guess what Im really tryin to get across isnt so much that KD did something wrong its just that Im not so sure that he is the best on the team. Russ is up there, we just fell apart without him and I have a strange feeling he would've put up 40 or 50 in a game if Durant went down just due to that fire. If yall think he's a chucker now, you should dread the day he takes over a team lol

basically Im starting to see Russ as an equal to KD. maybe Im crazy but he is just as important to this team as he is IMO.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and that really was a ? two weeks for me, I broke my hand, got fired and the Thunder lost. then I got the ultimate ether from mother nature about a month later by way of tornado ? .
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't even know what y'all talking about anymore.. Y'all took this convo to somewhere else
  • greenwood1921
    Options

and that really was a ? two weeks for me, I broke my hand, got fired and the Thunder lost. then I got the ultimate ether from mother nature about a month later by way of tornado ? .

Nikka, ? !
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    @blu197 log off bro.

Just ban me ? , this forum is wack and full of lames....

@D.D.S.

Lmao!
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crackbaby Blu asked for it
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I guess Suicide Watch was realer than we thought.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't believe @Smokelahoma that you are seriously doubting how great Durant is as a player. Memphis had 1 of if not the best defense in the NBA last season and Durant still roasted them.

At the end of the game it is way easier to key in on 1 player to stop than multiple players not to mention how much more of a scoring and facilitating role Durant had to take on which clearly sapped a lot of his energy late in those games. Durant looked tired as ? against Memphis in damn near every 4 quarter towards the end of the games.

1 player usually isn't going to beat a well coached all around team in a series.

Same ? I been saying about Rose. But ? don't wanna hear that though.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao at that ? getting banned
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Blu took his ball and went home again.Emotional lil ? can't stand when people don't agree with him
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    The PG field is deep as ever... Lets get to the bottom of this, list your top 15,

1.Chris Paul

2.Derrick Rose

3.Tony Parker

4.Russell Westbrook

5.Kyrie Irving

6.Rajon Rondo

7.Stephen Curry

8.Deron Williams

9.Damian Lillard

10.John Wall

11.Ty Lawson

12.Mike Conley

13. Jrue Holiday

14. Kyle Lowry

15. Jose Calderon

Just missed the cut: Brandon Jennings, Kemba Walker, Steve Nash, Ricky Rubio

is this ? in order???
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    The PG field is deep as ever... Lets get to the bottom of this, list your top 15,

1.Chris Paul

2.Derrick Rose

3.Tony Parker

4.Russell Westbrook

5.Kyrie Irving

6.Rajon Rondo

7.Stephen Curry

8.Deron Williams

9.Damian Lillard

10.John Wall

11.Ty Lawson

12.Mike Conley

13. Jrue Holiday

14. Kyle Lowry

15. Jose Calderon

is this ? in order???

Yeah it's in order... Best list I've seen so far too
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But Rose is better then Paul
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    But Rose is better then Paul

That's ur opinion... I think Chris Paul is the best
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options

1.Chris Paul

2.Derrick Rose

3.Tony Parker

4.Russell Westbrook

5.Kyrie Irving

6.Rajon Rondo

7.Stephen Curry

8.Deron Williams

9.Damian Lillard

10.John Wall

11.Ty Lawson

12.Mike Conley

13. Jrue Holiday

14. Kyle Lowry

15. Jose Calderon

is this ? in order???

I like your list but I think you are sleeping on D. Williams
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options

1.Chris Paul

2.Derrick Rose

3.Tony Parker

4.Russell Westbrook

5.Kyrie Irving

6.Rajon Rondo

7.Stephen Curry

8.Deron Williams

9.Damian Lillard

10.John Wall

11.Ty Lawson

12.Mike Conley

13. Jrue Holiday

14. Kyle Lowry

15. Jose Calderon

is this ? in order???

I like D. Will and all but he's been underachieving the past couple years, I can't put him ahead of no1 in my top 7... He was once claimed to be the best pg in the league by some I just never seen it since he left Utah... He needs to get to that next level and raise his game back to form
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options

1.Chris Paul

2.Derrick Rose

3.Tony Parker

4.Russell Westbrook

5.Kyrie Irving

6.Rajon Rondo

7.Stephen Curry

8.Deron Williams

9.Damian Lillard

10.John Wall

11.Ty Lawson

12.Mike Conley

13. Jrue Holiday

14. Kyle Lowry

15. Jose Calderon

is this ? in order???

I like D. Will and all but he's been underachieving the past couple years, I can't put him ahead of no1 in my top 7... He was once claimed to be the best pg in the league by some I just never seen it since he left Utah... He needs to get to that next level and raise his game back to form

I understand where you are coming from but history has got to count for something. Not to mention the guy wasn't fully healthy after leaving Utah until the 2nd half of last season.

I just would't put Irving (who is great) above Williams because he has only played 2 seasons in the NBA and I wouldn't put Curry (who is the best shooter in the NBA) above Williams because he is more of a shooting guard than a point guard.

Obviously this is all a matter of opinion and I like your list more than a lot of people's posted. I just wanted to see your logic behind who you put where and I respect and understand now since you replied.