What do u think about other black people?? (africans,haitians,jamaicans,brazilians etc..)

Options
13»

Comments

• Tommy_Milfhitta
    Tommy_Milfhitta Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Americans and Caribbeans that look down on Africans forget one crucial fact. They too are African at the core of their existence.

I fail to comprehend how some even hv that superiority complex coz wen it's all said and done, we are all cut from the same cloth.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Personally I'm cool with all cultures of African descent. My ex was Kenyan. And believe me most Africans have a steroetypical thoughts on us African Americans... I don't want to get in specifics but most think lowly of us. I'm not going to pass judgment on all Africans but from interacting with my Ex family they do have that superiority complex over African Americans.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Personally I'm cool with all cultures of African descent. My ex was Kenyan. And believe me most Africans have a steroetypical thoughts on us African Americans... I don't want to get in specifics but most think lowly of us. I'm not going to pass judgment on all Africans but from interacting with my Ex family they do have that superiority complex over African Americans.

i would agree.
    i often hear its because alot of us dont take advantage of all opportunities given to us.
  • Tommy_Milfhitta
    Tommy_Milfhitta Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options

@WhoisDonG

Most Africans who do that look down on y'all because they see u as a lowly class, descendants of slaves, who have lost touch of their heritage and have no real identity.

I'm African and I think Africans that think that way are just as ? as Americans that look down on Africans
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm cool with all of them, and their women seem to look better and have better values IMO.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our race is a little less important than our religion and family/friends (meaning it matters due to the world we live in) so therefore it should be recognized and respected among each other as important. Basically I look at people of my race as my racial brothers and sisters who pretty much in this way share a similarity with me as it concerns historical backgrounds (justices,injustices, enduring the world's view of people with dark skin, blood, being closely related). Positive or negative, my race's actions or actions done to my race directly or indirectly can and most likely will affect me.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the opposite end of that question, I would say the same for whites and europeans in this respect. I expect for them to identify with Whites also and search for their own history and find obvious similarities and relations. My only problem is when people confuse pride and identity with hatred and denigration.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there human beings and i love all human beings.