iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really warner bros???????!
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

Yeah really. The guy that just brought them a Best Picture Oscar 7 months ago is Batman. Not surprising really, yet at the same time, a pretty bold choice.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They hand Oscars out to random white people every year breh...fan boys dont give a ? bout no oscars
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

Yeah really. The guy that just brought them a Best Picture Oscar 7 months ago is Batman. Not surprising really, yet at the same time, a pretty bold choice.

Not to mention he was one of the guys high on the list when Aronofsky was still working on Year One long before Nolan came into the picture. I think people really underestimating this guy's talent as an actor. For every Armageddon and Daredevil he has a Chasing Amy and Hollywoodland. As a lifelong Batman fan as you know I actually am relieved cause it could've been much worse.

Doesn't hurt that he has the Bat jaw something every actor outside of Clooney even lacked. I think he'll end up being the closest to comic book Batman in the end. I could buy him as the James Bond Batman from the 70's, 80's and Morrison's run. The man is a comic book fan so you know the research will be there and I wouldn't doubt that he'll do some ghost directing and script doctoring too. He's in very good graces politically over at WB. He's like the new Eastwood.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh, I'm mad as ? Affleck got that role.

• earth two superman
    Options
    lets be honest here.

most of you were only gonna be happy if you yourselfs were picked to play batman. yall like single mothers and batman is your only child. OH LAWD NO ONES GOOD ENOUGH FOR MAH BABY!!!

They obviously saw something in Affleck. Like they saw something in Cavill. In Crowe. In Adams. In Shannon. In Costner.
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options
    ? like Brodie Bruce all over the net. "That ? from the fashionable male?"

I hope Matt Damon is cast as The Joker so that the internet commits suicide.
  • Copper
    Options

They obviously saw something in Affleck. .

daredevil.jpg
  • earth two superman
    Options
    lol I didnt hate daredevil like some of u did. Maybe cuz I have little to no attachment to the character but still.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Mr. Mom also managed to make a great Batman and Affleck is just as accomplished as he was in the acting department before playing Batman. The irony is if Affleck would've been announced as Reed Richards or Hank Pym the geeks would be doing cartwheels. They're so predisposed to hating WB at this point they can't help but call the waaaahmbulance.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's hilarious because there was going to be an uproar no matter who was casted. Has there ever been a casting where the fanboy response was "I am satisfied with the studio's decision and look foward to his/her performance"?

This was actually a great strategic choice, effectively seperating TDKT while giving the role the respect it deserves. Daredevil was made in a lackluster era of DC production and should not serve as a sign of things to come.
  • Copper
    Options
    . Daredevil was made in a lackluster era of DC production and should not serve as a sign of things to come.

Daredevil is marvel bruh
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gerad Butler, Josh Brolin
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Ben Affleck lol.

I got to see this ? here. Looks like we got another Val Kilmer on our hands.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Affleck is a great actor I just don't see him as Batman/Bruce Wayne.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont hate the idea of Affleck being batman. I just wasnt expecting it. Daredevil was a ? film but that can be blamed on everything from the writing and the screenplay you cant put that all on him.

Affleck is a comic dude. I expect him to take this role pretty seriously considering he has to follow up Bales batman.

EVERYBODY criticized heath ledger when he was cast as the joker, but look how that turned out. He blew everyone away.

Affleck has had a pretty good track record for movies these recent years too. Especially with the ones he's directed they have all been great imo. If the writing is gonna be good i think he's going to be able to pull it off.
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options

This was actually a great strategic choice, effectively seperating TDKT while giving the role the respect it deserves.

Yep WB has out trended any Marvel Studios news with one fell swoop by casting a guy with so much mainstream exposure in such an iconic role. I got people who don't ? with superhero movies TDKT included at all bringing this up to me. Cats and chicks that didn't ever plan on watching Superman/Batman but now they're curious as to whether Affleck will be a train wreck or pull it off since it came out of left field for most people.

Which immediately gets them thinking of this and not even going "why didn't they just get Bale again?". This is a credible choice who has been winning oscars and getting mainstream publicity since his early 20's. When Bale was cast most people didn't even know who he was. Remember they don't follow movies or movie news like some of us here do hell most people here on the IC don't follow movie news like some of us do. That says it all. To a certain extent this is "Mr. Mom is Batman?" all over again and it just turned new eyes on to this project in a big way.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Gerad Butler, Josh Brolin
    Butler can't cover his accent up. Unless Bruce Wayne suddenly became scottish you couldn't have Gerard Butler. Brolin was the one I was hoping for.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He better come with his A game cause hollywood will blacklist him again
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

This was actually a great strategic choice, effectively seperating TDKT while giving the role the respect it deserves.

Yep WB has out trended any Marvel Studios news with one fell swoop by casting a guy with so much mainstream exposure in such an iconic role. I got people who don't ? with superhero movies TDKT included at all bringing this up to me. Cats and chicks that didn't ever plan on watching Superman/Batman but now they're curious as to whether Affleck will be a train wreck or pull it off since it came out of left field for most people.

Which immediately gets them thinking of this and not even going "why didn't they just get Bale again?". This is a credible choice who has been winning oscars and getting mainstream publicity since his early 20's. When Bale was cast most people didn't even know who he was. Remember they don't follow movies or movie news like some of us here do hell most people here on the IC don't follow movie news like some of us do. That says it all. To a certain extent this is "Mr. Mom is Batman?" all over again and it just turned new eyes on to this project in a big way.

I always thought the consensus was that Ben was an average at best actor.
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »

Yep WB has out trended any Marvel Studios news with one fell swoop by casting a guy with so much mainstream exposure in such an iconic role. I got people who don't ? with superhero movies TDKT included at all bringing this up to me. Cats and chicks that didn't ever plan on watching Superman/Batman but now they're curious as to whether Affleck will be a train wreck or pull it off since it came out of left field for most people

I always though the consensus was that Ben was an average at best actor.

This isn't 2003. This guy is a better actor today than he ever was when he was younger. Which wasn't even bad if you watch movies like Chasing Amy, Dogma and Good Will Hunting and not complete ? like Daredevil and Gigli. At this point he's a much better and much more accomplished writer and director than his writer and director on this project too.

If anything he could help them become better by giving them pointers on the set which he is known to do. He is a good asset for this project overall. Is there potential for disaster? like with anything sure. But this isn't exactly Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern either. This is someone who is a genuine talent in many areas of cinema and could also knock it out of the park.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was unexpected but I like the choice. After some of the names I heard thrown out there I was a little worried. I'm also glad they casted an American as a super hero it seems like most superheroes are foreigners
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    great choice IMO. been a fan of the guy since Chasing Amy and Good Will Hunting. The Town was the ? , Argo was the ? and that's just his most recent. infinitely better choice then these prisoner of the moment new guy suggestions like Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Fassbender
  • earth two superman
    edited August 2013
    Options
    the reaction on Twitter has been hilarious. ? about to jump off a bridge. If social media had been around in 1988 when Keaton got the role the us population would be like 20% lower now.