Kendrick Lamar(Shots Fired!!!!) "Control"

Options

Comments

• (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    that wont be me... i dont play gladiator games..hot 97 and corporate interests pimping you ? . again...just because youre too dumb to analyze lyrics that are supposed to bring lyricism back its not my fault. dont you know there is more money in teaching about the mechanics of rap and offering critique thru strategic channels then it is in getting a record deal? dumb is not cool ? ..were on a forum where the primary mode of communication is WRITTEN WORDS. im sorry youre too much of a ? riding sheep for intercopes latest psy-op against rap consumers AND ? baby that your attention span can only endure only 2 sentences--- that agree with u...sorry i didnt post enough pictures ? ... lol

Then who do you consider to be the standard or the bare minimum when it comes to lyrical acceptability and then do tell how Kendrick is underneath that person.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    that wont be me... i dont play gladiator games..hot 97 and corporate interests pimping you ? . again...just because youre too dumb to analyze lyrics that are supposed to bring lyricism back its not my fault. dont you know there is more money in teaching about the mechanics of rap and offering critique thru strategic channels then it is in getting a record deal? dumb is not cool ? ..were on a forum where the primary mode of communication is WRITTEN WORDS. im sorry youre too much of a ? riding sheep for intercopes latest psy-op against rap consumers AND ? baby that your attention span can only endure only 2 sentences--- that agree with u...sorry i didnt post enough pictures ? ... lol

Then who do you consider to be the standard or the bare minimum when it comes to lyrical acceptability and then do tell how Kendrick is underneath that person.

aint no person thats the standard... thats the ? problem. ? forcing that context on art. there is a standard on what a lyric is and lyricism that existed before 1970s in the bronx and most certainly before kendrick lamar in '13. the verse was cheap. the ? bit lines. name dropped. and took forever to make a point and it didnt even fit the joint. the standard is basic. lyricism is the ability to elicit an emotion or experience and convey it in the recital. this ? didnt reflect ? but 1) an ego tantrum 2) kurupts emotions 3) and trollery based on name dropping and a title that been irrelevant to everybody but new york ? since it was coined. saying the same word at then edns of coulets. its jus ? lazy rick ross/lil wayne type ? . kendricks talent is in his voice and delivery..not lyricism. u understand now?
  • judahxulu
    Options
    nigg based his whole 64 bar concept on biting a ? lines and style...but maybe kurupt is the biggie to his hov lololololol
  • judahxulu
    Options
    a ? rapping a long as time does not make him lyrical nor does an animated delivery with vacuous and infantile motivation behind it.. how a ? with the same machine thats behind chief keef challenge ANYTHING hip-hop? the ? work for the people ? IT UP! ? dummies man i swear... you ? the type get conned out your money in the real hood cause yall heads soft for game..
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MadSirius wrote: »
    K.Dot is up for the BET Lyricist of the Year with Wale, Drake and J.Cole (also Jay-Z).
    Its about to be crazy. Before y'all holler, "BET Awards don't mean anything!!", think again. Yall think yalls favorite artist like losing at award shows?

they should give him lyricist of the year
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's up with these titangraphs?
  • judahxulu
    Options
    whats up with you illiterate ass ? ? my thoughts gotta be monosyllabic simple ? to be acceptable? FOH ? . i was on here when the actual ? titan used to post. the ? would literally take up 60-75% of a page. u new ? use the term wrong..
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interview: Slaughterhouse Talks Kendrick Lamar 'Control' Responses

Unless you’ve been living under a rock (and no we’re not talking Jay Z here) for the past week or so, you would have heard Kendrick Lamar’s show stealing verse on Big Sean’s “Control”. Claiming King as far as the city of New York goes, and then informing some of your favourite rappers that it’s a wrap once he gets on the mic, there’s no doubt that the good kid from a mad city has ruffled his fair share of feathers as of late.
    With so many responses out there, some have been newsworthy (Papoose and Lupe Fiasco take a bow), some haven’t, and some have been recorded in the name of jest (thank you Madd Rapper). Two that have stuck out in many peoples minds are the responses from Slaughterhouse brethren Joell Ortiz—whose “Outta Control” was the first to hit the net—and Joe Budden.

Speaking to VIBE while on tour in London, three quarters of the Slaughterhouse regime—Joell Ortiz, Crooked I and Royce Da 5’ 9” - spoke on their responses and why both Royce and Crooked have chosen not to get involved, even after Joell threw his crew in to the mix with the line, “You feel you haven’t gotta acknowledge my clique?”
    As the very first emcee to publicly respond to Kendrick Lamar’s now infamous verse, before anything, Joell Ortiz admits to being on side with the TDE rhymer. “Kendrick actually voiced how I’ve been feeling for a very long time,” he says. “I wanted to be one of the first voices that had a voice on the matter itself because I feel like I’m an elite player. Every time an all-star game gets put together, in my mind and my heart I feel like I should be in there. I’ve never sacrificed my heart or compromised what I talk about to try to get radio play, smash hit records, or stuff like that. I’ve always remained true to self and been a fan first. [I’m] a fan of true lyrics, the Hip-Hop art, and storytelling. You know? Things that [the game is] missing. In all actuality they’re the things Kendrick captured on his album. I wanted to be one of the first responders because I feel like it mattered what I said on this particular matter.”

“If you really listen to mine, I don’t really go at Kendrick,” he continues. “I go at the King of New York reference. The only reason people know I’m talking about him is because he said about [being] the King of New York. I respect that guy and what he’s doing for the culture, his honesty as an artist, and his bravery to say something like that on the stage he’s on. But the Hip-Hop emcee in me won’t allow myself to just agree with it. I have to disagree. It’s how I feel. Forget about the politics. The kid that stood on the corner in Brooklyn rhyming in cyphers can’t allow that. And that’s who responded.”

Joe Budden, another cog in the non-stop Slaughterhouse machine also had to reply. He just couldn’t help himself. A on again, off again ? -starter, he even got in to a Twitter beef with rapper Styles P over the original version of “Control”. Budden’s own response to the record appeared to be a two day myth at first. Premiering it on Ustream, Joey decided to back out of the fight and not release it. After a few days of fans attempting to make out the Ustream version that leaked, a CDQ version hit the web. With scathing lines such as, “Light Jay Elec ass up, that’s my Exhibit A,” and, “Know he love Philly so I’m leavin’ him with Black Thoughts,” it wasn’t just Kendrick on the receiving end. Putting it down about the current state of New York Hip-Hop, Detroit’s Royce Da 5’ 9” says his brothers-in-rhyme were just protecting their territory.

“Joey and Joell didn’t really take his rap personally. It was just the “King of New York” line. They’re from New York and New York is in a place right now... well, Hip Hop is in a place, but New York isolated is in a place where it’s probably a good time for people to start standing up in the name of New York. It’s not for me to understand. I just had no idea everybody was going to take what he said so seriously.”

Comparing Kendrick’s verse to a line from his own repertoire, Royce thinks it was a clever move. “He opened up a crazy door for all emcees. Before he did that verse the general consensus was lyrics weren’t popular. They weren’t cool. He made that ? cool again. He got the whole world paying attention to that ? , like how I did when I did the ‘Hi Rihanna’ thing. You know what I’m saying? He did one of those maneuvers. He took it back. I salute that.”
    K. Dot’s fellow West Cost rhymer Crooked I doesn’t want to get involved in any way. “There’s no reason for me to [get involved],” says California’s Crooked I. “People were hitting me on my Twitter like, ‘Yo, are you gonna respond?’ I thought you were supposed to respond to somebody talking to you. You know what I’m saying? He’s not doing anything that offends me.”

Commenting on some of the folks that appear to be catching feelings, Crooked offers a word of advice. “Leave those feelings alone man. Just ? rap man! And all the people around you; your entourage. They don’t know what the ? they’re talking about. You know what I’m saying? They’re just feeding you negativity. ‘You gonna let him say that? When we see him in the club we should smash him in the face with a bottle.’ No! Don’t do no ? like that. This is rap. I see all too often rappers that are influenced by their entourage. Let it be a sport.”
    As a former Death Row artist, who reps the west to the death, Crooked I feels that Kendrick did the west a favor. As a region famed for its storytelling and street tales, the torch has now been passed and a new type of west coast emcee is flying the flag [the right way] in the commercial market.

“Sometimes it takes a verse like that from somebody from the west to show the skill level and to make people of importance, or so-called importance, say, ‘Hey, what else is over there?’ He’s doing a great job holding that lyrical torch on the west coast because you know all too often people think that west coast rappers are just good storytellers and that they’re not really the bar for bar type that can’t compete. That’s just a myth. That’s something that needs to die. He’s helping to put that to rest. He annihilated a beat and just kept it real. He said, ‘Hey man, it’s all fun and games but when we get on that basketball court somebody gotta win the game.’ That’s the only way I took it. We can all slap hands and everything else but when Michael Jordan got on the court he was trying to destroy the competition.”

http://www.vibe.com/article/interview-slaughterhouse-talks-kendrick-lamar-control-responses
  • judahxulu
    Options
    smh...rappity rap ? bigging up a rappity rap ? saying hes better than them... these industry ? in one big circle ? . disgusting kiss ? smh
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh...rappity rap ? bigging up a rappity rap ? saying hes better than them... these industry ? in one big circle ? . disgusting kiss ? smh
    Is there no hope for the game tho bruh?
  • judahxulu
    Options
    of course
    when the corporations step the ? back and ? just make better music in general.

right now tho...everybody put in our faces is under the UMG umbrella and thats an issue.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    of course

right now tho...everybody put in our faces is under the UMG umbrella and thats an issue.

But bruh do you really ever see a point where corporations won't have an interest in something that has shown to be as profitable as hiphop? And not just the music I'm talking about the culture ... I think they're here to stay
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never seen so many titangraphs
  • judahxulu
    Options
    of course

But bruh do you really ever see a point where corporations won't have an interest in something that has shown to be as profitable as hiphop? And not just the music I'm talking about the culture ... I think they're here to stay

they invented a pseudo hip-hop culture. all the elements of hip-hop were around long before america existed like all the other musical genres reborn here. of course...any pip will have an iterest in a ? with an open ear. we dont need the corporations in the internet age. they are not enhancing anything just exploiting at this point. the music, the breaking, the tagging etc..all of it that was born in the struggle , for the people and by the people...and it will die if it dont get back to that. its more than an industry or about numbers. can you name any other peoples whose culture is for sale or rent AND is dictated by external forces? if yeah...are they better or worse for it. art and industry dont mix in this economic and cultural context. people aint getting paid to add to an authentic culture with talent..theyre getting paid for marketing acumen, image, product placement opps etc..talent and authenticity is a side note
  • judahxulu
    Options
    talent and authenticity is why section 80 is the only kendrick ? i ? with tough... getting back to the topic. IMO..he fell off. he dont put his soul in his ? no more. ever since he started ? riding lil wayne and sitting on dres lap the authenticity dropped and the talent waned as well...lupe has a similar dynamic for different reasons but not so much by outside influence but his temprament
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree the Kendrick verse wasn't anything special. Definitely heard much better from him. Still can't believe how viral that ? went but I can't hate on it I'm a fan of his music.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    exactly. and it seems like ? with potential start falling off when they heads get hyped over the wrong ? .. ? ? and make good music and keep doing dope shows. attention ? kendrick sucks
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    Options
    i aint go say no names, but somebody in this thread caught crazy feelings.
    Are you Papoose?
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shout out to slaugher house for a trill interview and I can see that its becoming trendy to diss Kendric but theres no dought about the fact he gave this rap game a shot in the arm.

point blank period!
  • judahxulu
    Options
    are you getting paid by tde or interscope? or are you dre's sidepiece ? ?
  • ItzGravitation
    Options
    dude still in his feelings.
    Kendrick shook the Hip Hop universe with that verse.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    btw..papoose got some good technical skills but i cant really listen to that dude more than a couple songs at a time... i dont like that extra extra new york ? .. ? be too much about a region or some other periphery ? to make good songs.. yes i have caught serious feelings since the 90s about the decline of the art i love and grew up side by side with. why else would i give a ? ? u ? are ridiculous... everybody posts because of what they feel whetehr they approach it directly or not.. stop that ? sweetchuck.
  • ItzGravitation
    Options
    There are plenty of albums that are on the same level and plenty better than the 90s released from the 2000s til now.
    Learn to search for it and stop acting like an old man
  • judahxulu
    Options
    There are plenty of albums that are on the same level and plenty better than the 90s released from the 2000s til now.
    Learn to search for it and stop acting like an old man
    stupid ? jockey... im up on more underground ? than you can dream of. i ? with international hip-hop real tough. im referring to mainstream ? . your boycrush kendrick is part of it. and im 34 acting my age ? . if it wasnt for my generation hip hop wouldnt have taken off and conversely we helped sow the seeds to make it the ? it mostly is today. from the 2000's till now the genre has not expanded much on its core aspect which is poetry ? .. at the end of the day its poetry set to music and the poetry mostly sucks and the music is not musical from an actual standpoint... the innovators and creative minds are not in the industry or they alter their art to fit in it. rap started as reaction to the ? poor condition made by corporate greed now the dumb ? celebrate their own exploitation. were being laughed at, b. you need to go back further into african american
    music history to understand the importance of marrying innovative sound to content reflecting the needs of the community and social movement...rap fell of when that me-me ego ? dominated and this whole ego/beef/diss ? is a prime example.. stop being a simple brat commenting on ? u wasnt alive to witness
This discussion has been closed.