Black Atheists Question?

Options

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would love to have a woman who does not follow nor belief the Abrahamic religions. I detest them.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would love to have a woman who does not follow nor belief the Abrahamic religions. I detest them.

That's because you are an idiot detesting any religion is foolish.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

How am I a idiot for not getting factual information and proof? I need evidence.
  • zombie
    Options

How am I a idiot for not getting factual information and proof? I need evidence.

DISRESPECTING any man's religion is foolish is what i'm saying you can disagree with it but to detest it is stupid i think buddhism is dumb as ? but i still respect it.

PEOPLE can say whatever they want about religion but at the end of the day religions have created more and inspired man more than anything else. THE most wonderful things have come out of religion and the most horrible also If you cannot see how that is the worthy of respect then you are an idiot.

• bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    bambu wrote: »
    Yeah....

That whole atheist ? is a European invention......

Y'all ? is lunch meat......

That means you're dissing half of yourself.

Self-hater.

Who said anything about hate????

I'm just stating a fact........

No hating...

You wack.....

Like Fiat said in the thread where they said Feminism is for white women.

Just because it's predominately white doesn't mean it's for white women.

Just like how Science and Engineering is predominately white but it isn't white folks exclusive.

Stop using fallacies because it means you don't have any leg for your argument to stand on.

What fallacies?????

It is understood that Europeans developed the theory of evolution and the belief that the origins of life are accidental.........

What????

*The supremacy of of empire is undeniable*

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    if you affirm nothing then you are an agnostic.

The agnostic makes no choice

Here's the thing: Atheism is not an affirmation of anything. It is the rejection or the lack of an affirmation.

Agnosticism, in a way, is an affirmation when one affirms that he/she doesn't know.

I REJECT ALL OTHER FORMS OF ATHEISM

I'm a Buddhist.. and let's agree that I'm an agnostic instead of an atheist. If you want, you can call me a theist or a panentheist or a pantheist or a deist. If you don't like calling me a Buddhist, you can call me a Christian or a Hindu or a Muslim. Either way, I don't believe in ? (s) and the label you decide to place on me does not automatically or magically change my argument against the existence of ? .

Now what?
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah....

Self-hater.

No hating...

You wack.....

Just like how Science and Engineering is predominately white but it isn't white folks exclusive.

Stop using fallacies because it means you don't have any leg for your argument to stand on.

What fallacies?????

It is understood that Europeans developed the theory of evolution and the belief that the origins of life are accidental.........

What????

*The supremacy of of empire is undeniable*

Evolution and Abiogenesis have nothing to do with atheism.

Please stick to the topic at hand and stop doing red herrings.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

DISRESPECTING any man's religion is foolish is what i'm saying you can disagree with it but to detest it is stupid i think buddhism is dumb as ? but i still respect it.

PEOPLE can say whatever they want about religion but at the end of the day religions have created more and inspired man more than anything else. THE most wonderful things have come out of religion and the most horrible also If you cannot see how that is the worthy of respect then you are an idiot.

For ancient times yes, but we are passed out of date stuff.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Yeah....

Self-hater.

No hating...

You wack.....

What fallacies?????

What????

*The supremacy of our empire is undeniable*

Evolution and Abiogenesis have nothing to do with atheism.

Please stick to the topic at hand and stop doing red herrings.

Screaming fallacy will get you nowhere, atheist.............

You and your fellow atheists all promote evolution............

How else do you describe the origins of life???????

6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-1624.jpg

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • zombie
    Options

and what have you replace this so cold out of the stuff with ? Nothing and that is why religion will go on forever.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

and what have you replace this so cold out of the stuff with ? Nothing and that is why religion will go on forever.

Empirical knowledge and not a religion copied from religions deemed mythological. When man is ready to drop the chains and enslavement of religion then he is ready to do greater things and make better choices.
  • zombie
    Options

Empirical knowledge and not a religion copied from religions deemed mythological. When man is ready to drop the chains and enslavement of religion then he is ready to do greater things and make better choices.

The best things created have been by religious people every society that has embraced atheism has been evil.

• Ajackson17
    Options
    Ooohhh, like Rome has never been evil, Greece never conquer anyone. Silly justifications for stating the obvious that these are human fantasies, not empirical evidence. I'm not really going to bow down to someone's ideas and thoughts. That's kinda of silly isn't it?
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Also, most of our society has been held back by mythologies and believes. Look at Galileo and others of his sort. The christians lead the world to a dark age.

I can see why you have such the view you do, but any drive to get man to do something positive is a rare phenomenon because one wants to understand more than he desires his regular life. It's mind control at the end of the day either by someone or themselves doing the mind control. But the greater amount of people say they have the ultimate truth and never manifest noting more than just a regular life.
  • zombie
    Options
    Ooohhh, like Rome has never been evil, Greece never conquer anyone. Silly justifications for stating the obvious that these are human fantasies, not empirical evidence. I'm not really going to bow down to someone's ideas and thoughts. That's kinda of silly isn't it?

rome was great if you were roman religion frees your mind not enslave it you are supposed to think . what is silly is thinking that science can answer the questions religion asks
  • zombie
    Options
    Also, most of our society has been held back by mythologies and believes. Look at Galileo and others of his sort. The christians lead the world to a dark age.

I can see why you have such the view you do, but any drive to get man to do something positive is a rare phenomenon because one wants to understand more than he desires his regular life. It's mind control at the end of the day either by someone or themselves doing the mind control. But the greater amount of people say they have the ultimate truth and never manifest noting more than just a regular life.

Without the Catholic Church European Society at the time would not have been stable enough to give birth to someone of galileo genius.

Study history it was the pagan barbarian sack of Rome that led Europe to the dark ages not Christianity. Christians do positive things all the time and no one ever recognize it.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

rome was great if you were roman religion frees your mind not enslave it you are supposed to think . what is silly is thinking that science can answer the questions religion asks

So what I got from this is that ethics and morals are subjective and no I don't think religion frees your mind, it actually limits it. There is a different between a spiritual person and a religious person. Read the Etymology of the word, http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=religion . It binds them to something and you can't be free if you are bound to something. Religion binds people to unproven ideology and only focus on faith, not results or empirical information.

Science is only bound to things that we conjure up in our minds and it is a tool to see if that thing is fact or fiction. If it turns out to be fiction we leave it alone and don't bother with it. That's why people need to wake up and smell the roses and test out your faiths and quit walking blindly.

It's not the religions, it's the motivation in there is more out there for us, because we don't want to think our lives mean nothing because we give it meaning. Once we realize our true strengths and our power, we will quit running with religion and thinking a imaginary being will save us when we can save ourselves and better ourselves and do better for ourselves.
  • zombie
    Options

So what I got from this is that ethics and morals are subjective and no I don't think religion frees your mind, it actually limits it. There is a different between a spiritual person and a religious person. Read the Etymology of the word, http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=religion . It binds them to something and you can't be free if you are bound to something. Religion binds people to unproven ideology and only focus on faith, not results or empirical information.

Science is only bound to things that we conjure up in our minds and it is a tool to see if that thing is fact or fiction. If it turns out to be fiction we leave it alone and don't bother with it. That's why people need to wake up and smell the roses and test out your faiths and quit walking blindly.

It's not the religions, it's the motivation in there is more out there for us, because we don't want to think our lives mean nothing because we give it meaning. Once we realize our true strengths and our power, we will quit running with religion and thinking a imaginary being will save us when we can save ourselves and better ourselves and do better for ourselves.

I did not say anything about morals and theist question their beliefs all the time. and believers get results from their beliefs you can't feel it but they can. you may not feel free by religion but millions of people do feel free with religion it certainly has freed my mind and is giving me clarity on every action.

The Big Bang Theory and evolution can't give me that. all science is is information that information does not change your nature or perspective on life
  • Ajackson17
    Options

I did not say anything about morals and theist question their beliefs all the time. and believers get results from their beliefs you can't feel it but they can. you may not feel free by religion but millions of people do feel free with religion it certainly has freed my mind and is giving me clarity on every action.

The Big Bang Theory and evolution can't give me that. all science is is information that information does not change your nature or perspective on life

Well, it did for me. If it can be backed up and proven time and time again, then why would I go towards something that cannot. To me science shows me how big the universe really is and how small humans truly are and the infinite things we can do and accomplish once we put our minds to it. A higher power to me is possible and other ventures and I don't care about others who believe in it. But when it comes to social, government, and all levels of life, then that becomes a real big problem and issue to me. You are indoctrinating someone on something that cannot be empirically proven, that's like trying to prove that blacks are inferior because ham descendants were said to be a servant of servants. That's not right nor should you try to govern or control people in such a way.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Now, I'm learning about the Eygptian's beliefs and the civilization before them beliefs. They actually applied science and math to their religions and expanded on greater princples and thoughts. These people were beyond our abstract thinking and thoughts.

The kemitic thought process is almost deader than hip hop, but its power is greater than what it is seen today.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mem62680
    mem62680 Members Posts: 3
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Only time I've heard that is on the IC.

My parents and many of my family member told me this.

Thank ? i am not related to you
    You cannot convince an atheist he's human swine if you disown him but i would have disowned you for other reasons.

Really, zombie?

I don't understand why it's so bad to be an non-believer.

WE ARE STILL HUMAN.

I know you are still human that is why i said i would not disown you. atheist really cannot be trusted your moral systems are too subjective. Religion bonds a family in community without it you've made yourself kind of an outsider. THINK ABOUT it when grandma dies will my atheist family member come to the church and pray with the rest of us? no and even if he comes we all know he won't believe anything that's said that day. so he's not really going to share that spiritual moment with us.

very narrow minded , when grandma dies should we exclude the atheist family member who shared the same bond w/her just cuz he doesnt believe in the same invisible man in the sky?
  • mem62680
    mem62680 Members Posts: 3
    Options
    So I have to follow a man made religion for me to be spiritual?
  • zombie
    Options
    mem62680 wrote: »
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Only time I've heard that is on the IC.

My parents and many of my family member told me this.

Thank ? i am not related to you
    You cannot convince an atheist he's human swine if you disown him but i would have disowned you for other reasons.

Really, zombie?

I don't understand why it's so bad to be an non-believer.

WE ARE STILL HUMAN.

I know you are still human that is why i said i would not disown you. atheist really cannot be trusted your moral systems are too subjective. Religion bonds a family in community without it you've made yourself kind of an outsider. THINK ABOUT it when grandma dies will my atheist family member come to the church and pray with the rest of us? no and even if he comes we all know he won't believe anything that's said that day. so he's not really going to share that spiritual moment with us.

very narrow minded , when grandma dies should we exclude the atheist family member who shared the same bond w/her just cuz he doesnt believe in the same invisible man in the sky?

we are not going to intentionally exclude them they are going to be naturally excluded even if they come to the funeral, an atheist cannot feel the same way about death that a believer can, don't refer to ? as being an invisible man in the sky it's talk like that that leads to mistrust and disdain ? believers have for atheists.