Athletes You Were Wrong About?

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    As far as Coaches go...

I was wrong about all of my pro squad's coaches.

Mike Smith -- Never really heard of him before we hired him. Did my research and realized that he did have a decent background, but I just knew he would be one and maybe 2-and-done after a couple 5-win seasons. He had never been a head coach on ANY level before taking the Falcons job.
    Dude been a head coach for 6 years now and still has no idea what its like to not have a winning season.
    Plus he loses assistant coaches almost every year to other teams, so you know it's him and not his assistants.

Scottie Brooks - I figured Durant would be better than Lebron BEFORE Scottie could beat Popovich in a playoff series. I was wrong. Scottie has questionable lineups sometimes, but he's better than he gets credit for.
    The job he did with our defense last year was amazing.
    Lost James Harden and nikkas thought we would fall apart -- all Scottie did was coach us to our best season in every statistical category -- wins, offense, defense, FG%, etc, etc.

Freddie Gonzo (Braves) - I'm just a big Bobby ? fan (nh) and I'm salty that Bobby didn't get another shot at a ring and our front office waited for Bobby to retire before we started getting aggressive with acquisitions. Plus, I just didn't trust dude. But now we got the best record in baseball so it's all good.

On the flip side -

I was wrong about Jim Mora Jr. I really ? with his coaching style, but now I see that it's probably better suited for college. Vick kinda ? him over too, but if he wouldn't tried to be Vick's coach instead of his "homeboy" then maybe Vick would've worked harder.

Still think Dan Reeves firing was the worst thing to happen to Vick's career.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brian Cushing...I wanted the Texans to draft Clay Matthews

Kareem Jackson. Hated the pick when they made it. Struggled his first couple years but now he's rounding into a solid CB
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I thought Roddy was ass his first year. ? had hands of stone when he was ? wit Vick. Developed into my favorite Falcon tho...
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Yeah I thought Roddy was ass his first year. ? had hands of stone when he was ? wit Vick. Developed into my favorite Falcon tho...

It was coaching. Our WR coach was a former offensive lineman, and of course, our offensive coaching was trash altogether.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Can't front, but when the Aint's got the reigning Heisman Trophy winner, Mark Ingram with a late 1st round pick I was like...

ray-j-gif.gif

But after realizing he's just a extra average ass NFL running back the last few years, I'm like...

ray_yes.gif
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everything about Ingram screamed average
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Everything about Ingram screamed average

And Trent ain't far off either
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    David Terrell

Corey Patterson

Ron Mercer
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tom Brady...thought he was poo cheese and would never develop into a elite qb....
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kAjUn wrote: »
    Tom Brady...thought he was poo cheese and would never develop into a elite qb....
    Lil-Wayne-Birdman-Laughing.jpg

da ? yall be comin up wit dis ? mane lls
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Poo cheese or poo as cheese..

It's a Louisiana thing bruh
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BlackAX410

young_clippers_odom_brand_miles.jpg
    clippers-1.jpg

They were supposed to be next :-S

they highlights was alley oops and balled fists on their head
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    @BlackAX410

clippers-1.jpg

Gawd I hated that era of the NBA.

• BlackAX410
    Options
    @BlackAX410

clippers-1.jpg

low percentages nd low scorin games made for some great highlights tho lls
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BlackAX410

clippers-1.jpg

Didn't really hate it, it was just bad era for actual on court play

The league was filled with athletes who couldn't shoot but could dribble and dunk

Plus it was sorta like the 70s where it seemed everybody was out for themselves

It made for good highlights, thats also the height on the And 1/streetball ?
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Might as well admit this one and clear my conscience...

51938334_display_image.jpg?1306422796

*Martin voice*

Awww, mannnnn.

I just knew this nikka was the missing piece that Vick needed. You couldn't tell me the league wasn't in trouble after we signed this nikka.

The truth was -- back then he was the NFL equivalent of what Dwight Howard was in free agency this year.

He was just the "best available" at his position. He was undersized, a decent #2 receiver at best, and Eric Moulds was the real reason he shined in Buffalo.

I know he still eatin off that contract we gave him.

mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    forgot bout Fearless Peerless Price Eric Moulds really helped him out in Buffalo foreal cuz he aint do ? for da Falcons lls
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    forgot bout Fearless Peerless Price Eric Moulds really helped him out in Buffalo foreal cuz he aint do ? for da Falcons lls

Yeah, that was back when Arthur Blank was trying to "Jerry Jones" it with no GM. Bless him jewish heart.

He hired a GM right after that (McKay). And when Mckay paid all that money to Ed "? Ass" Hartwell -- we went out and got Dimitroff.

But ain't even mad at Hartwell. No Hartwell, No Dimitroff.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Yeah, that was back when Arthur Blank was trying to "Jerry Jones" it with no GM. Bless him jewish heart.

He hired a GM right after that (McKay). And when Mckay paid all that money to Ed "? Ass" Hartwell -- we went out and got Dimitroff.

But ain't even mad at Hartwell. No Hartwell, No Dimitroff.

lol Hartwell was a product of being betta then wat he actually was cuz of playin next to Ray Lewis, word to Jamie Sharper, Adalius Thomas, nd Bart Scott
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in before Peter Warrick
    ...am i?
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to start with Juice Williams I thought he was going to the league and he never sniffed it LOL

Tyrus Thomas I was so glad we picked him instead of Aldridge.. I was calling him the next Amare SMH

Luol Deng I thought he was just another overrated Duke ? .. But he proved me wrong..

Cedric Benson I just knew he was going to be a great RB for the Bears.. ? but the defense loved Thomas Jones.. So they was ? Benson up in practice trying to injured him..

OJ Mayo I been hearing about this dude since he was 7th grade playing on Varsity... ? was average at best in College and now the league...

Thank ? Paxson drafted Derrick Rose that is all LOL

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought Jordan Shipley and Quan Cosby was gonna come in the league on Wes Welker status

them ? on 4th string status
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

texas409 wrote: »
    I thought Jordan Shipley and Quan Cosby was gonna come in the league on Wes Welker status

them ? on 4th string status

Both them ? was on my team. They showed some potential in the beginning.