so these burger flippers really think they deserve $15 an hour???

Options

Comments

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options

LOL if you say so my ? . 2 much BS to cut through to you... Every skill requires direction. Please explain to me what it is you do right now that I can not do without directions?

bruh....but how hard is it really to make a burger tho?

you really need to cut the ? fam

and if you referring to my current job...........unless you understand vector calculus

or even something simple like the application of Porter's 5 forces

don't even ask me about what I do haha
    you can tell who's really broke in this thread... y'all really hating on people who just want to make enough money at their job to barely pay rent and buy food?

pitiful.

LOL.....don't be a ? champ

go head and call them broke ? out

Anybody that has a problem with somebody living in NYC making $15/hr either doesn't understand the cost of living here or has it pretty bad themselves and don't want to see a McDonald's worker get paid what should be minimum wage here.

I just find it odd that the people who look down on poor people are the first to go out of their way to keep them that way (and that includes other poor people).
    anyways how you figure it's a worker's right to come into a job and tell the boss how much they have to pay their employees?

so you telling me if you build your own ? , and you decide to hire a ? .........he should be able to tell you what you should pay him?

a lot of ya'll have a naive entitlement complex.........no one owes you a job

You never asked for a raise before? between cost of living, inflation and increasing rent prices it's ridiculous that minimum wage has stayed the same since 2007. Since 2007 this is what's been going on in the real world...

SOC2012_GrossRentHouseholdIncomeChart-01-01_620_536_90.jpg
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL if you say so my ? . 2 much BS to cut through to you... Every skill requires direction. Please explain to me what it is you do right now that I can not do without directions?

bruh....but how hard is it really to make a burger tho?

you really need to cut the ? fam

and if you referring to my current job...........unless you understand vector calculus

or even something simple like the application of Porter's 5 forces

don't even ask me about what I do haha
    you can tell who's really broke in this thread... y'all really hating on people who just want to make enough money at their job to barely pay rent and buy food?

pitiful.

LOL.....don't be a ? champ

go head and call them broke ? out

anyways how you figure it's a worker's right to come into a job and tell the boss how much they have to pay their employees?

so you telling me if you build your own ? , and you decide to hire a ? .........he should be able to tell you what you should pay him?

a lot of ya'll have a naive entitlement complex.........no one owes you a job

Anybody that has a problem with somebody living in NYC making $15/hr either doesn't understand the cost of living here or has it pretty bad themselves and don't want to see a McDonald's worker get paid what should be minimum wage here.

I just find it odd that the people who look down on poor people are the first to go out of their way to keep them that way (and that includes other poor people).

yet you still ain't name no names haha

so because I don't think a worker has a right to come in and tell a business owner what he thinks he should have to pay his employees

or

because I don't think the govt should interfering with natural market forces

that means I'm looking down on poor people?

you mofos are obviously irrational SMH

• SneakDZA
    Options
    lol @ natural market forces. you mean this....

iy0HSzzebYIg.jpg

yeah that looks rational.
    so because I don't think a worker has a right to come in and tell a business owner what he thinks he should have to pay his employees

again... asking for a raise isn't that uncommon.
  • blakfyahking
    Options
    You never asked for a raise before? between cost of living, inflation and increasing rent prices it's ridiculous that minimum wage has stayed the same since 2007. Since 2007 this is what's been going on in the real world...

so wait a minute.......are you saying they are asking to raise the minimum wage

or are they just asking for a raise? there is a slight difference

but of course, once cats starting getting more at one franchise, the other franchises in other states will eventually have to follow suit

why is it that no one will ever answer my question about them not choosing to start their own business so they can pay higher wages?
  • SneakDZA
    edited September 2013
    Options

so wait a minute.......are you saying they are asking to raise the minimum wage

or are they just asking for a raise? there is a slight difference

they are not. even if adjusted for inflation the federal minimum wage would be $10 which is a lot for some places and barely anything in NYC. I don't think minimum wage should be federal I think it should be on a State level.
    but of course, once cats starting getting more at one franchise, the other franchises in other states will eventually have to follow suit

so what's wrong with that?

why is it that no one will ever answer my question about them not choosing to start their own business so they can pay higher wages?

yeah that's a great idea... start a business using all the savings you've amassed and great credit you established while living in NYC and making $7.25 an hour.
  • blakfyahking
    Options

they are not. even if adjusted for inflation the federal minimum wage would be $10 which is a lot for some places and barely anything in NYC. I don't think minimum wage should be federal I think it should be on a State level.

I agree that minimum wage should be designated at the state level

so what's wrong with that?

what's wrong with it is the same problems that raising the MW would cause......other states definitely would have a hard time with raising the MW to $15 an hour.............and in "right to work" states, you just asking unemployment to rise drastically

yeah that's a great idea... start a business using all the savings you've amassed and great credit you established while living in NYC and making $7.25 an hour.

bruh I'm not talking about the current workers asking for a raise

I'm talking about all you cats in this thread who ain't willing to step up yourselves

you are only willing to stand on the sidelines and comment on pay issues when you ain't willing to take on any risk yourself

it's not ok to villify poor folks, but it's always ok to villify managers and CEO's

why hate successful folks for putting in the work?

why act like you qualified enough to determine how much a manager should pay his own workers, but you ain't qualified enough to run your own ? ?
  • SneakDZA
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I make a shitload of money self-employed so I can't really relate to that but if I needed to hire people to execute a project there's no way in hell I'm paying them them 7.25 an hour unless they lived in Ukraine or the south or some ? .

Do you realize that if someone works at McDonalds full-time in NYC they have to be on public assistance in order to afford food and pay rent. That means as taxpayers we're subsidizing these people's cheap labor force while they continue to make record profits and rake in 8 million a year in salary not including options. So yeah - of course it's more common that people will vilify the CEO instead of the labor.
  • blakfyahking
    Options
    I make a shitload of money self-employed so I can't really relate to that but if I needed to hire people to execute a project there's no way in hell I'm paying them them 7.25 an hour unless they lived in Ukraine or the south or some ? .

Do you realize that if someone works at McDonalds full-time in NYC they have to be on public assistance in order to afford food and pay rent. That means as taxpayers we're subsidizing these people's cheap labor force while they continue to make record profits and rake in 8 million a year in salary not including options. So yeah - of course it's more common that people will vilify the CEO instead of the labor.

bruh depending on your industry you couldn't find someone reliable to execute a project for $7.25

but if you ran a burger spot, you could find plenty of cats willing to flip a burger for $7.25

of course, nothing is stopping you from paying your best people more if you wanted to keep them behind the grill

but somebody from the outside shouldn't be able to come in and make it mandatory for you to pay a certain wage

and ? , taxpayers gon pay either way........either supplementing a working ? with low wages

or by straight paying for welfare because those people are unemployed cause they can't find jobs cause businesses ain't gon pay everybody $15 an hour

who's fault is it really that a worker lets himself get exploited.......are these grown folks or teenagers we talmbout?
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $15/hr is chump change these days especially if you dont have benefits to counteract the low income.

Anybody making an honest living shouldnt have to worry about homelessness.
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    if someone is working full-time there is no reason taxpayers should be paying for the disparity between their wages and the poverty line. by your argument there shouldn't be any minimum wage at all since grown people never get exploited by rich and powerful corporations and if they do it's clearly their own fault for being so poor and vulnerable.

on that same token why do we even think we have the right to establish laws about safety in the workplace or tell employers they can't hire children to work in their factories with their nimble little fingers. in fact who are we to say that employers can't hire people based on race since it's their company?

the problem with letting corporations dictate their own rules is they continue to prove that that approach doesn't work for anyone but the owners and senior management.
  • blakfyahking
    edited September 2013
    Options
    if someone is working full-time there is no reason taxpayers should be paying for the disparity between their wages and the poverty line. by your argument there shouldn't be any minimum wage at all since grown people never get exploited by rich and powerful corporations and if they do it's clearly their own fault for being so poor and vulnerable.

on that same token why do we even think we have the right to establish laws about safety in the workplace or tell employers they can't hire children to work in their factories with their nimble little fingers. in fact who are we to say that employers can't hire people based on race since it's their company?

the problem with letting corporations dictate their own rules is they continue to prove that that approach doesn't work for anyone but the owners and senior management.

no my argument is that someone else shouldn't be able to come in and tell you how to pay your employees

if you want to pay $15 an hour, I don't see a problem with it

but it shouldn't be mandated by govt

I don't believe in MW because I believe workers should be allowed to unionize.........most McD franchise ain't hurting for money since it takes approximately $3M to own a McD franchise

so if the owner is willing to negotiate with the union, then that is his/her's business

but if he/she decides to refuse and take the franchise to another location, why should the govt interfere with that?

as far as other labor laws......there can be an argument that those laws have been detrimental as well...........what would the black community look like if they were forced to create their own jobs instead of being integrated? especially considering that we would keep our money in our own community then?
  • SneakDZA
    Options

no my argument is that someone else shouldn't be able to come in and tell you how to pay your employees

I don't believe in MW because I believe workers should be allowed to unionize.........most McD franchise ain't hurting for money since it takes approximately $3M to own a McD franchise

so if the owner is willing to negotiate with the union, then that is his/her's business

but if he/she decides to refuse and take the franchise to another location, why should the govt interfere with that?

as far as other labor laws......there can be an argument that those laws have been detrimental as well...........what would the black community look like if they were forced to create their own jobs instead of being integrated? especially considering that we would keep our money in our own community then?

that's exactly what's happening here... the workers at mcdonald's in certain cities have organized in order to ask for a raise that will allow them to actually live in the city where they work.

so what the problem is?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the farmers getting screwed out of their crops used to make these fast food products deserve a raise first.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A bunch of mofuckas who don't work at McDonald's tryna say what people at McDonald's deserve...That's not a fun job, that's not a job a person aspires to have, and it's not an easy job depending on certain factors...Fast food workers, hotel attendants, janitors, grocery store clerks, farmers, landscapers, etc...These are all people who work jobs most people don't want to work...Are these the type of jobs adults should settle for?...No, kids shouldn't een settle for ? jobs but the fact is some people have to...And if they're there doing that ? work to service you there's no reason they shouldn't be able to at least have benefits if not a substantially higher pay, and if you've really worked in these positions you know that...I usta count my blessings erday when I left that ? and got a warehouse job, and that was still ? in itself...Now I'm back in school cause I want more but erbody doesn't have my opportunities, or my assistance, or my drive, or my information and the wisdom/courage to apply it...There's no reason a good employee of one of the biggest companies in the world, not just America, should be livin 1-300 dollar check to 1-300 dollar check...It's not gonna break the economy to pay these people proportionately...What would ? the economy up would be the hospitality/service industry crumbling because no one wants to work in it...A lot of the top paying positions in this country are not really responsible for helpin this ? move on a daily basis...And then they barley een help to stimulate the movement...
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm almost getting a job where i'll be making 23$ an hour. Now imagine a ? gon be working overtime and all kinds of graveshifts and ? too where my pay will almost double.

Keep hating you high school dropout ? . ? get jealous, I aint even 19 yet and i'm gonna be making 4500 dollars a month.

Dont yall forget about all the hustlin im gonna be doing in the streets too! ? whuuuut ? yall poor ass peasant ass fuckboys
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's not ok to villify poor folks, but it's always ok to villify managers and CEO's

LMFAO @ caping for CEOs in 2013. Really? Oh those poor persecuted CEOs!

And Mickey Dees managers be on food stamps too lol who you kidding.

• perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL this ? can not be a real ? .... So I been waiting man, whats your job? I got some scrill if I cant perform...

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh, I get what you're saying. But the point is history has shown us that if you leave it up to businessmen they will treat their employees like dogshit.

So sometimes outside influence has to keep them in check.

So no the govt SHOULDNT have to. But the govt DOES have to do certain things to protect workers. It didnt happen overnight man. People used to get beaten by mobster for not working for ? wages. National Guardsmen had to help people at some points in American history. So for you to say workers shouldnt be allowed to Unionize...DAMN BRUH...

I understand sometimes Unions go too far *like the teacher's union and police union* but that just means they need to be reigned in sometimes. Not disbanded completely.
  • blakfyahking
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »
    I think the farmers getting screwed out of their crops used to make these fast food products deserve a raise first.

that's a global issue tho.....farmers are already being subsidized by the govt
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    A bunch of mofuckas who don't work at McDonald's tryna say what people at McDonald's deserve...That's not a fun job, that's not a job a person aspires to have, and it's not an easy job depending on certain factors...Fast food workers, hotel attendants, janitors, grocery store clerks, farmers, landscapers, etc...These are all people who work jobs most people don't want to work...Are these the type of jobs adults should settle for?...No, kids shouldn't een settle for ? jobs but the fact is some people have to...And if they're there doing that ? work to service you there's no reason they shouldn't be able to at least have benefits if not a substantially higher pay, and if you've really worked in these positions you know that...I usta count my blessings erday when I left that ? and got a warehouse job, and that was still ? in itself...Now I'm back in school cause I want more but erbody doesn't have my opportunities, or my assistance, or my drive, or my information and the wisdom/courage to apply it...There's no reason a good employee of one of the biggest companies in the world, not just America, should be livin 1-300 dollar check to 1-300 dollar check...It's not gonna break the economy to pay these people proportionately...What would ? the economy up would be the hospitality/service industry crumbling because no one wants to work in it...A lot of the top paying positions in this country are not really responsible for helpin this ? move on a daily basis...And then they barley een help to stimulate the movement...

do you currently work at McD's? if not, then doesn't your 1st sentence apply to you as well? haha

at the bolded/underlined........isn't that debatable tho?

so should we encourage mofos to believe that it is their only choice when many times it is not? just cause you do manual labor doesn't mean you should be automatically entitled to a govt mandated wage
    Swiffness! wrote: »

LMFAO @ caping for CEOs in 2013. Really? Oh those poor persecuted CEOs!

And Mickey Dees managers be on food stamps too lol who you kidding.

who's caping? but what you silly mofos don't realize is every negative comment/consequence you give to CEOs of fortune 500 companies also applies to small business owners as well

? support Obamacare cause large companies are expected to pay up for health insurance fail to recoginze the economy is actually made of almost 90% small businesses

so when you talk down on a F500 CEOs and encourage new laws/rules, you also end up doing the same to small business owners.....who ironically provide the most jobs in our economy

that's the real reason why there is so much resistance to raising the minimum wage

LOL this ? can not be a real ? .... So I been waiting man, whats your job? I got some scrill if I cant perform...

I asked you what your major was and you ducked my question like a lil ? ..........then you proposed a fake ass wager and I called you bluff yesterday and miraculously you disappeared until now haha

bruh I've already stated what I do on this board.......I've been on the IC since '05.......I've even posted pics of how I live

there are IC posters in the other parts in the forum who can verify not only am I a "real ? " considering my background LOL, but I'm also at least top 5 if not top 2 or 3 in getting money on this forum

I'm trying to give you lil ? some perspective (ironic considering your signame) from the other side but all you want to hear is the typical answer of what sounds easy SMH

• blakfyahking
    Options
    pressing feelings button = "quick to back down"

• A1000MILES
    Options
    @Blak

No...I'm not sayin exactly how much they deserve, and definitely not that they deserve less...I am saying its ridiculous how much they make right now on proportion with the ? they put up with and the profit the companies themselves are really making...

No...It's not debatable...Whatever the circumstances may be that got them there, whether it was their fault or not..,Some people have to work ? jobs, or else you wouldn't have a Lexus...You wouldn't have most the food you eat...You wouldn't have most the clothes you wear...How can you fault people working those ? jobs day in and day out for wanting to be able to make a real living while doing them rather than be in debt each paycheck...?

No...We shouldn't encourage people to not aim higher...But again, laborers are necessary...Erbody cant be a doctor, lawyer, investor, real estate agent, entertainer, politician, CFO/CEO, etc...So why not at least give the hourly laborers better benefits if not a raise on their hourly pay?...Why not help the people who do the most work to be in a position where they can spend more money in their communities and stimulate the economy?
  • blakfyahking
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    @Blak

No...I'm not sayin exactly how much they deserve, and definitely not that they deserve less...I am saying its ridiculous how much they make right now on proportion with the ? they put up with and the profit the companies themselves are really making...

No...It's not debatable...Whatever the circumstances may be that got them there, whether it was their fault or not..,Some people have to work ? jobs, or else you wouldn't have a Lexus...You wouldn't have most the food you eat...You wouldn't have most the clothes you wear...How can you fault people working those ? jobs day in and day out for wanting to be able to make a real living while doing them rather than be in debt each paycheck...?

No...We shouldn't encourage people to not aim higher...But again, laborers are necessary...Erbody cant be a doctor, lawyer, investor, real estate agent, entertainer, politician, CFO/CEO, etc...So why not at least give the hourly laborers better benefits if not a raise on their hourly pay?...Why not help the people who do the most work to be in a position where they can spend more money in their communities and stimulate the economy?

bruh trust I can relate and feel for what your are saying

the problem is your argument is based on emotion and not logic

at the bolded, 99% of you cats in this thread arguing off of emotions (that workers should get a raise cause it's hard work) are hypocrites

majority of cats in here arguing against me got an Android or Apple phone, or they are reading my post using a flat screen monitor, or got a pair of $200 Nikes.............all those items are made by workers under way worse conditions making way less pay yet customers could care less

yet somehow I'm supposed to be enraged about a cat having to struggle and flip burgers

the govt should only be responsible for securing property rights and providing for full competition to guard against market failure........that's it

• blakfyahking
    edited September 2013
    Options
    this argument basically boils down to victim/dependent mentality vs. entrepreneurial mentality

we have too many mofos who embrace victim mentality and want someone else to do the hard thinking for them

cats complain about govt being the problem, but then they turn around and want the same govt to be a solution *scratches head*

a key way to tell which one you are is to analyze business issues like these:

a victim will see this is as the business owner's responsibility to provide jobs and pay workers a decent wage (whatever that subjective amount is).......not realizing that if no one steps up to be a business owner, then nobody will have a job

a ? who understands he/she is responsible for their own destiny will see this situation as an opportunity: if McD's doesn't want to pay workers and customers really support the workers, then these same workers unionizing should just turn around and open their own shop to compete with McD's

so if you can unionize, you can organize.......and organizing is all it takes to run your own ?

that is why I support unions, but I don't support a mandatory MW

the problem is that everyone naively believes it's someone else's responsibility to provide for their livelihood

it's no one's choice but yours if you decide to work at McD's when you have the ability to unionize or work somewhere else IMO
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    Okay...Cool...So, a bunch of people who are in debt with bad credit, prolly little education, and/or criminal records...Should come together and start a McDonald's...A franchise it takes at least 3 million dollars to own...Maybe if all the workers in NYC start saving their little 1 or 200 dollar checks right now to put towards opening their own store...?

Be real witcha self cuh, that's not gon happen....It's one thing for those who take these typa jobs as what they are commonly seen to be, a stepping stone into something better...But the reality is right now this is where a lot of people are and will be...Laborers...So, why should they do this labor that benefits others and still not be able to pay their bills and keep gas in their car?...And no, I'm not okay with sweat shop workers overseas gettin paid pennies to make the luxuries I enjoy...I think that's ridiculous, een though it might be good for the export profits of those countries, but let's keep this in America...I'd say that being on the low end of the totem pole in America's service industry is one of the most non-gratifying, stressful, depressing jobs one can have...Een butlers and maids(professionals, not freelance housekeepers) make enough to live well, and if not their living/driving/eating is taken care of by the people they work for...

We can talk about side hustles, second jobs and alternatives all day...Hell, lotta folk on govmt assistance are hustlin that...But instead of havin to do all this typa extra ? ...Would it not be logical to make it so that good workers at profitable companies could actually live somewhat comfortably off their one job?...It doesn't have to be seen as promoting laziness, cause if pay/benefits go up, their standards should as well...The quality of your service/food/facilitating goods would only get better...And these workers would have a different sense of pride and responsibility in doing their jobs well...Cause they now have more incentive...
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they start getting 15 an hour I might as well stop busting my ass at the post office where I make $17 an hour and start running the drive thru. I'd give them $10-10.50 max