The Official 2013-2014 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes because California needs more struggling teams in their state

look who done showed up still think yall a relevant team bruh?
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Yes because California needs more struggling teams in their state

look who done showed up still think yall a relevant team bruh?

I did say we're trying to get better. Never said we'd come out guns blazing. 3 of the past 5 seasons we've had a bad record so its not like we've always been a horrible team. Someone has to clean up that mess Gene Smith left us with
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://twitter.com/FalconsFrank
    Julio is the first player in NFL history to record a TD catch of 80 or more yards in each of his 1st 3 seasons.BUZT6LqCEAAkOZZ.jpg

35 ? fantasy points. Yes sah, I drafted a winner!

Damn shame he took Janoris Jenkins to school like that.

He's still one of the best young DB's in the league, IMO.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Julio is da only Bama player in recent memory dat has been GREAT in da league so far
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Julio is da only Bama player in recent memory dat has been GREAT in da league so far

Since Shaun Alexander.

And he hasn't been great yet though.

He's going to be though, maybe this year....
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I knew the Mexican was special ever since OU almost got'em and then when he literally dragged 5 lsu defenders as a true freshman.

Props to Roddy, Matty, GOATzalez helping him develop even more. His route running and overall technique is night & day compared to his bama days and his rookie year.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    steve smith doing it how tim hardaway should have lmao
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I understand the need to give defenses a different look with Bruce Miller in for blocking/receiving but them targets he got from Kaep should've went to Vance. With Vance's play making upside he needs to be involved in more lineups. What the Niners lose in blocking not having Miller in they gain in big play ability in Vance.

About the only highlight from this past Sunday game. I need to see more.

i6YG7Nvttl3Bo.gif
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Broncos tackle Ryan Clady out for year.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0gGNzRL460

almost forgot how funny this was

"Oh Darren Sharper..HOLD MAH DIIICK!!"
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was written in the san Frisco news paper.

Unsportsmanlike conduct in Seattle

Was anyone else appalled by the unsportsmanlike conduct of the Seattle Seahawks and their fans, juiced on noise, which surely creates as big an advantage over an opponent as any performance enhancing drug and which, to their shame, NFL officials turn the same blind eye they have to concussions and drugs ("Seattle states case loudly, clearly in rout," Sports, Sept. 16)?It would be simple to fix. Seahawks players and managers would ask their fans to cease and desist, and the NFL would implement a new rule: The visiting team may stop the game when fan noise is greater than a specified decibel level, and should this rule be violated in more than three games, no home games will be played at the offending field for the rest of the season, including playoff games. Things would quiet down.At a time when the world seems sour, sports give us a place of joy, community and hope, and to have it spoiled is a bigger loss than it seems on the surface.Judy Spelman, Rich Schiller,Point Reyes Station

Crybaby ass ? ..I dont know how anybody can respect them now...first they quit in a big game and then start complaining about cheap hits now this l..straight ? made.
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    That can't be real. People really complaining about crowd noise??? Or am I reading that wrong?

Niner fans should boycot that paper and send hate mail with homophobic, racist, and sexist slurs.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0gGNzRL460

almost forgot how funny this was

"Oh Darren Sharper..HOLD MAH DIIICK!!"

To this day, when a random safety make a big hit (legal or not) I say out loud "(insert name) da most hardenest hittenest safety in da leeeeeeg!"

I did it when WillyMo WWE'd ol' boy last sunday.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is kinda an unfair home advantage. The stadium itself was constructed in a way that makes noise more of a factor than at other stadiums.

That said, the complaint is null because we know nobody in San Fran would complain if they won a game because the crowd kept the opponent's offense from communicating smoothly.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    hi-res-159885050_crop_650.jpg?1369215778

20121230_062534_demaryius-thomas-broncos.gif

Suits driving ?

Von's 1st quarter in question

Champ and Knowshon still allowed in the locker room

Rahim still back pedalling

Scratch that

Welcome: DRC, Welker, Montee, Vasquez...

Coach Fox you have Manning AND Welker now...no excuse for pussyfootin late in games tryna play it safe.

Montee please show me something early. I don't wanna miss McGahee.

Opportunity to start off w/ a couple quality wins before our first encounter with a can.

I wish they never ? up that schedule in Bmore. Would have preferred to knock them off in the opener at M&T amongst that lame as oooooohhh-oo-oo-oo-oooohhh-o
    oh chant.
    Wednesday morning, the team announced that three-time Pro Bowl left tackle Ryan Clady has been placed on injured reserve with a left foot injury.

He suffered a Lisfranc joint tear in his left foot against the New York Giants in Week 2, and it will require surgery.

That pic was the first thing I posted in this thread for a reason.

Peyton needs a left tackle on his level.
    Last season, Clady earned his third Pro Bowl berth after he started all 16 of the team's regular-season games for the fifth consectutive season and allowed the fewest sacks in the NFL -- 1.0 -- among 16-game starting tackles.

In 2011, he helped the club lead the NFL in rushing with a team-record 164.5 yards per game.
    A three-time All-Pro, Clady did not allow a full sack in his first 20 starts, according to Stats, Inc. That was the longest such streak by a tackle to begin his career since at least 1994.

In 2010, Clady was presented with Denver's Ed Block Courage Award after recovering from an offseason knee injury to start all 16 games.

He signed a five-year deal with the team in July, keeping him in Denver through the 2017 season.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like we wont see the throwback jerseys on the field anymore.....well atleast the helmets anyway
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah that reporter sounds like a ? . ? is football not golf
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like we wont see the throwback jerseys on the field anymore.....well atleast the helmets anyway

What? This is reaching overprotective mom levels
    During the offseason, the NFL approved a recommendation by the league's Head, Neck and Spine Committee to forbid teams from switching helmets during the season.

The committee wanted to prevent players from wearing multiple helmets during the season for safety reasons. Some teams easily can change helmet designs by swapping out decals. The Buffalo Bills,for instance, were able to wear throwback helmets last Sunday because their base helmet is white, the same color as their throwback helmet. They just had to change helmet decals.

However, it appears the Bucs would've had to switch to a second set of helmets to wear the throwbacks.

"This offseason, we communicated a recommendation from the Head, Neck and Spine Committee and the Player Safety Advisory Panel to those teams planning to wear throwback uniforms for at least one game this season," NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy said via email Tuesday afternoon. "They recommended that players no longer wear different helmets as part of a 'throwback' or 'third' uniform."

McCarthy said the NFL supported the change after it was reviewed and approved

They know how to invent knew levels of wackness.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Browns dumb af
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m

Filed to ESPN: Browns RB Trent Richardson to Indy for Colts' first-round pick.

tumblr_lebvvsXGo11qcewqko1_500.png

I guess he bout to get into a rhythm now lol