Hurt :(

Options
BlackRoses
BlackRoses Members Posts: 407
edited May 2010 in Waiting To Exhale
Still got your fave songs on my ipod
Can’t get u out of my system so I scream in resentment
So I punish myself by erasing every message that u sent me, deleting all those numbers u gave
I just can’t love u anymore cuz your love has over powered my own love
My mind keeps bringing up our memories as the tears shed the hurt of a fragile soul
It’s more hurt than disappointment cuz I contributed to this monster I’ve created
Loving u is like a drug and I overdosed twice, rehab 3 times, and still constantly call my supplier
If I was able to walk away I would, run away and never look back if I could
But I’ve convinced this broken heart that you’re the reason why I breathe
So I sit here with this deep look in my eyes, over thinking the feelings between you and me
Yet, as I sit here wondering about your whereabouts, looking stupid
You’ve moved on with Samone, Sharell, and that chick from across the hall
But I was stupid enough to live for you then you hurt me
Had me walking around here, crying, looking for someone to comfort me
So many tears I’ve cried for a love that was doomed from the start
But instead I sit here reminiscing on things that use to be
Still picking up the L, cuz the E I lost on my way to find V
So no need to find the O cuz LOVE doesn’t matter any more
Yet I still keep that promise ring you gave me cuz one day you’ll return
Hopefully….you might….maybe.

Comments

• REAL_POETICAL
    REAL_POETICAL Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wow....one thing about this poem is that it hits so home with me being the heartbreaker....i'm far from perfect and messing with love can caused such harm to the one that feels it ....which in some cases leaves a scar mentally towards the one thats break the heart...each line painted a picture of how love can be so cruel especially when a person thinks that things are fine....bottom line good work...hope to see more of ya work...keep droppin those lines of pure resentment and promise called poetry my fellow poetress

peace
  • jayy.prime
    jayy.prime Members Posts: 22
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BlackRoses wrote: »
    But I was stupid enough to live for you then you hurt me

that simple line right there hit me hard, because i know the exact feeling to "live" for someone, as you said..and them take it so lightly, when you're giving your heart and soul to them..i can feel your pain deep in this joint..the hopelessness and the true to-the-soul pain thats felt when you're hearts broken..very nice drop..feel like i'm crying with ya..lol.
  • BlackRoses
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Thanx Real and Jayy...really appreciate the love and feedback! If you listen to "Hurt" by ? Money feat. Drake...that's my inspiration for this poem as well as a past relationship that took me MONTHS to get over it.
  • BlackRoses
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wow....one thing about this poem is that it hits so home with me being the heartbreaker....i'm far from perfect and messing with love can caused such harm to the one that feels it ....which in some cases leaves a scar mentally towards the one thats break the heart...each line painted a picture of how love can be so cruel especially when a person thinks that things are fine....bottom line good work...hope to see more of ya work...keep droppin those lines of pure resentment and promise called poetry my fellow poetress

peace

sometimes the scar is deeper than mentally...emotional damage is worse
  • BlackRoses
    edited May 2010
    Options
    jayy.prime wrote: »
    that simple line right there hit me hard, because i know the exact feeling to "live" for someone, as you said..and them take it so lightly, when you're giving your heart and soul to them..i can feel your pain deep in this joint..the hopelessness and the true to-the-soul pain thats felt when you're hearts broken..very nice drop..feel like i'm crying with ya..lol.

lol im glad u liked but dnt cry becuz u have to go thro relationships like that to appreciate that soulmate even more