HTTR : The Official 2013/2014 Washington Redskins Thread

Options

Comments

• moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I told u in the preseason I didn't like the way our D was gettin gashed for long runs. This ? is sickening. RG needs to to take time off, give Cousins some run so we can audition him to other teams. I bet Jacksonville would love to give us their 1st rounder for Kirk.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Nah taking time off only gonna make it worse. Only way to get rust off and trust the knee fully is to play in actual games.

It takes time. It took Griff about 2 3 games to get into the swing of things at Baylor his first time. It also took AP time last year.

I think we should just do more 4 wide sets. First play our first drive we went 4 wide & it was an easy completion to Hank. Then we don't go back to 4 wide at all until we're down 31. Ironically started moving the rock again.

The RO last year masked the fact our oline outside of Trent is pretty ehh. This why we should run more quick stuff with 3 and 4 wide and when we have only 2 wide run more bootleg action to compensate for line play. The offense gonna get it together
    I'm not worried about them as much. Defense on the other hand....
  • moyo
    Options
    Defense is beyond horrible!!! Orakpo is puttin no pressure on the QB. Y are we not using Brandon Jenkins more???
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Yeah outside of Kerrigan, Cofield and Riley none of the starters playing particularly well on that side of the ball.

London been looking washed the past two weeks. He just may have fell of the cliff as a player. I'll give him benefit of the doubt for a couple more weeks though. It took him a while to get going last season too.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Im convinced the coaches are holding the offense back to keep Griff from getting hit.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BTvkR_JIIAAYCPJ.jpg

SMH...what about the GOAT Doug Williams

1st black QB to win a Superbowl............
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm discouraged for now.......

but haha @ any hopeful Dallas fan when ya'll just lost to the Chiefs
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Im convinced the coaches are holding the offense back to keep Griff from getting hit.

I dont think so really. Its not like he can run. He got chased down from behind by a d lineman against philly.

The problems as i see it are

1) No read option = those huge lanes passing and running arent there

2) He can pass the ball like a normal QB, but we're no longer having teams on their heels and playing w/ leads. So there goes the run game which we forget was our calling card

3) Of course the Defense-this affects RG3's return to form b/c the D gives us no leeway. We gotta score from jump and RG3 aint there yet

Given all that, we dont need to bench him. The second we get some leads things will change. We just gotta corrct the D so he can ease back into this ? . But w/ his injury he wont be back to form for a year whether he plays or not, and he's not in danger like he ws last yr, so play him.

Bonus: Ryan Kerrigam is a star.
  • BDBIID
    Options
    0-3.

Penalties and turnovers did us in. All that falls in line with undisciplined play. Gotta fix that asap. Not to mention Detroit outplayed us anyway but can't say they didn't give us an opportunity to steal one.

On to Oakland. Gotta get that one go into the bye 1-3 (that ? sound ugly).
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Batman_Haha.jpg
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3 is actually playing like a rookie this year instead of last..Simple things like in game focus, ball security, and slide technique. This can be easily corrected with coaching but you would think after last year there would be more progression. Although as a passer I see his arm strength and accuracy won't be an issue at all. Now as far as the secondary goes...We are some ? , we have nickel corners that should not be playing as starters, and a lot of youth and inexperience that is costing us big plays. Our front 7 is straight except the middle linebackers can't cover TE's that well, and our outside LB's are great at generating pressure but struggle against the run.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • moyo
    Options
    We'll be alright.
  • Stew
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    0-3.

Penalties and turnovers did us in. All that falls in line with undisciplined play. Gotta fix that asap. Not to mention Detroit outplayed us anyway but can't say they didn't give us an opportunity to steal one.

On to Oakland. Gotta get that one go into the bye 1-3 (that ? sound ugly).

Add bad tackling to that. Idk if its Shanahan's tactic of not hitting in camp or what but that ? is atrocious. Haslett has been ? in the first half of these games, I wont be surprised If they make a change there during the bye week. I usually hate early bye weeks but glad we got one early this season.

Coaches took the clamp of that playbook yesterday and it showed. Got our first 3rd down conversion in the first half of the season(WTF stat of the day), they finally let him run out the read option and it opened ? up for Alf and Reed in the middle of the field. Dont be surprised if Reed takes Davis's spot at TE.

If we lose to the Raiders Ill be worried but It finally looks like we're gettin ? together.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Fall of RG3.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    offense finally woke up a bit..alf needs to get more touches and we need to go full speed ahead with the offense and moss needs to be on the field more..rg3 finally ran away from defenders; but he fumbled at the end

are secondary is still trash and we need to tackle better..only thing that's keeping hope alive is the rest of the division keeps losing too
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Batman_Haha.jpg

As ? as the NFC East has been so far, wouldn't be surprised at all if the Cowboys manage to ? up their division lead.

• jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll stink Lol
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    flag these nuts...
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Washington's back to being Washington. Who realistically thought these ? can possibly get to a super bowl with RG III's frail ass?
  • moyo
    Options
    Oh yeah Brandon Merriweather is gah-bage!!! I always wondered y New England gave up on him so quickly when he was a pro bowl caliber player and now I see y. He's an undisciplined head hunter who goes for head shots instead of jus makin sure tackles. That's y he stays injured so much too dang reckless.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stew
    Options
    Both TE's are inactive today smh
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Word that's tough. Niles gonna have to step up.