For the fellow men who were raised without a father/male presence..

Options

Comments

• AmneasePiff
    AmneasePiff Members Posts: 281
    Options
    Almost all of my male friends were it definitley made them grow up faster i think in most cases people who not from the struggle or poverty in general. Truely will never be able to understand certain things

• AmneasePiff
    Options
    It's a clishe answer and everyone says this that they join Gangs due to wanting a family because of this situation or their mother working so many hours, lack of role models

But it is the truth a Gang really is like a family to people like me and my friends
  • AmneasePiff
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'm lucky to come from a 2 parent home but i never could get along with my parents
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Had both my parents growing up, but my cuz a few yrs younger than me didnt. My uncle wasnt in his life like he should have been and died before they could even form a good relationship. Biggest thing i notice about him is he treat his moms like ? talk to her like she a ? on the street. I let it slide first time causr it threw me. Second time i almost had to lay that ? out. He be on that over aggressive type ? everywhere he go just startin ? on some superman ? . last words i had with him was that i'll break his neck if i hear him talk to his moms like that again in front of me. Like a poster said earlier. They lack discipline. Yo daddy wasnt there you cant change that. Just make sure you dont make the same ? up with your seeds.
  • AmneasePiff
    Options
    Wether male or female tho there is never any shame in showing emotions nd being an emotional person

That makes u real
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I really didn't have a relationship with my pops until if was 13 but I still had my uncle and granddad and football coach to show me how to be a real ?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Phil is my father, cause my biological didn't bother
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-a-mia.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/563651_702425005401_232699519_n.jpg[/img]
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great thread, posts are so dumb.

Never had a father, go ahead and click that feelings in advance preciate ya.

Though our parent(s) have an impact on early life, its what you do after you get up from under them that matters. Too many great men that grew up under single parents for yall to act out.

And too many men out here struggling or even STILL MOOCHING off their parents in that duo household for yall to act out.

Only a man can teach himself to be a man, and you learn that ? a-z from experience.
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great thread, posts are so dumb.

Never had a father, go ahead and click that feelings in advance preciate ya.

Though our parent(s) have an impact on early life, its what you do after you get up from under them that matters. Too many great men that grew up under single parents for yall to act out.

And too many men out here struggling or even STILL MOOCHING off their parents in that duo household for yall to act out.

Only a man can teach himself to be a man, and you learn that ? a-z from experience.

Err, i unno bout that.

How do you learn things, in general? You experience & you see..when you havent, how are you supposed to fully learn?

Also, cuz we dont have the experience some of us are insecure about what exactly a man is..which is us needing validation. Every human seeks validation. Again, that is why so many dudes end up hanging around the streets. A pops, brother or whatever kinda gives you that validation of something.

Everything isnt A-B-C. If you made it thru, good for you, but please dont do ppl cruddy like everybody is the same &/or are lucky enough to have the same paths.
  • blacktux
    Options
    Yea thats exactly what im NOT doing.

Life starts when you get out of the house, the factors in the real world are going to do/undo far more than your parents did unless you had GREAT parents. Having A GREAT PARENT is a gift in itself.

Duo parent households are great, they can lay down a great foundation and set things in motion. Its almost like getting a head start in a race. But just because you got a head start doesnt mean you finish first, might not even finish.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Props on opening up @SnuffDaddy. I see it as a ying & yang. A boy needs a female influence for nurturing etc. but he also needs a male influence because only a man can teach to be a man. All that "I'm the father and the mother" stuff is for the birds. In the real world it doesn't work like that.

I have noticed that men who were raised by women most of the times haven't been taught to do stuff like tie a tie, small work on their car, work with their hands etc. Alot of these dudes aren't stimulated by their moms to learn professions that will ensure their position on any job market like a carpenter, plumber, mechanic etc. If you see a black man wit a toolbelt 9 out of 10 it'll be an older brother (who prolly grew up with his pops and had to help him doing chores around the house).

I have noticed alot of men who were raised by women have taken on female characteristics. Hate to sound like an old dude but back in the day it wasn't really accepted for a man to gossip. Now with the advent of social media (fb, twitter etc.) men be gossiping more than b*tches. They get that from hanging in the salon as a child weekly when their moms would get their hair done. These new dudes be spiteful, vindictive and emotionally driven like chicks. When a chick breaks up with 'em they put out vids trying to shame the chick. That's some b*tch sh*t, similar to something a chick would do back in the day. Like you break up with her, she'd key your car or try to smear your name to get back at you.
    N*ggas be attentionwhoring more than chicks nowadays. They'll even attentionwhore when it's to their detriment. These dudes will incriminate themselves just for some wshh, yt, fb 15 minutes of fame. That's female behavior and we can attribute that to men being raised by (ignorant) women.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    Learned how to shave by using google.
    Therefore Google was a better father to me, than my actual father.

? the bolded is the saddest thing i've ever read :-S

i'm so sorry you poor thing
    [img]https://scontent-a-mia.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/563651_702425005401_232699519_n.jpg[/img]

okay, sometimes these comics make sense, but this is utter ? when have you EVER seen black parents being cool with their daughter getting with a white guy but not their son? either they're cool with both or they don't want any of their kids with whites son or daughter.

this ? is beyond reaching

@imthekangroundhere hates black women he's exposed himself many times
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Props on opening up @SnuffDaddy. I see it as a ying & yang. A boy needs a female influence for nurturing etc. but he also needs a male influence because only a man can teach to be a man. All that "I'm the father and the mother" stuff is for the birds. In the real world it doesn't work like that.

I have noticed that men who were raised by women most of the times haven't been taught to do stuff like tie a tie, small work on their car, work with their hands etc. Alot of these dudes aren't stimulated by their moms to learn professions that will ensure their position on any job market like a carpenter, plumber, mechanic etc. If you see a black man wit a toolbelt 9 out of 10 it'll be an older brother (who prolly grew up with his pops and had to help him doing chores around the house).

I have noticed alot of men who were raised by women have taken on female characteristics. Hate to sound like an old dude but back in the day it wasn't really accepted for a man to gossip. Now with the advent of social media (fb, twitter etc.) men be gossiping more than b*tches. They get that from hanging in the salon as a child weekly when their moms would get their hair done. These new dudes be spiteful, vindictive and emotionally driven like chicks. When a chick breaks up with 'em they put out vids trying to shame the chick. That's some b*tch sh*t, similar to something a chick would do back in the day. Like you break up with her, she'd key your car or try to smear your name to get back at you.
    N*ggas be attentionwhoring more than chicks nowadays. They'll even attentionwhore when it's to their detriment. These dudes will incriminate themselves just for some wshh, yt, fb 15 minutes of fame
    . That's female behavior and we can attribute that to men being raised by (ignorant) women.
    Bolded is so damn true.

I just told my homie last week that ? are the new ? .

Cats are way too emotional these days. Not high strung teenagers either but full adult males are sensitive as ? . They think only sadness is a female emotion but not controlling your emotions is the central female problem and now it's becoming a male one too.

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    @kay_valya

Why is it so sad about that ? ?

I ? trained myself using google
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i was able to hang with my dad a few summers, and had a lil guidance from some uncles but i feel and relate to wat t/s said
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    What ts said might be the realst thing I've ever read on this site.

• Ghost Leopard
    Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So much texts so many ? to not give.

Concise: fathers are needed in the homes. The state of black neighborhoods is evident as to what happens when.fatherhood is made top seem expendable and superfluous and single motherhood is glorified and normalized.
  • SiccoLoccJay
    SiccoLoccJay Members Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    No kid should be comfortable in a violent/super aggressive enviroment.

My daddy sold dope and my mu dukes sells dope and I turned out jst fine ya I saw alot of violence and aggression but doesn't mean u can't b comfortable in it and turn out alright
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn ? you sound like a ? . i tried hard not to come in here and say that too but that titangraph got hella estrogen. Study my posts and youll learn how to become a man. Real talk.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea thats exactly what im NOT doing.

Life starts when you get out of the house, the factors in the real world are going to do/undo far more than your parents did unless you had GREAT parents. Having A GREAT PARENT is a gift in itself.

Duo parent households are great, they can lay down a great foundation and set things in motion. Its almost like getting a head start in a race. But just because you got a head start doesnt mean you finish first, might not even finish.

The bolded is awfuly short sided and is contradicted by your own words underlined.

There's 40 yr old men with traits and tendencies that they learned when they were 10.

What happens is people of course forget why they are the way they are and say stuff like 'my childhood didnt matter'. Oh yes it did.
  • blacktux
    Options
    Where is the contradiction?

There are 40 year old men with tendencies they learned when they were 20. Which tendencies are going to effect an adult more?

Even being 26 i cant remember anything significant being 10 compared to 20.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the way i see it...

i grew up with both parents.
    my mom gave me love
    but my dad taught me limits and a work ethic and how to not have to prove myself to no one and fukk the crowd. blaze your own trail.

i am grateful for that because it helps me in life in way i cant nor could imagine.

i'll give an example for the ? on this site in term you can understand.

when i go to the DR....everyone went crazy they first few times there. but then the crowd started to separate into those who wanted to chill with a few chicks an those who needed to continue to bang uot every new chick they saw.

all the guys that constantly need to prove they can bang every chick...guess what they have in common?
    now before you say....what guy doesnt want new ? ....thats not the problem...at some point you need to understand you cant bang em all. if you cant understand that then...maybe that is problem. thats where my dad comesin...he always told me you cant bang em all..i didnt understand until i got older. now if i wasnt married i'd still bang out chicks but i would not feel the need to bang chicks just to say i have certain numbers. thats when you get into proving something.

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    another thing is....i give the t/s all the props ...at least he cant admit it.

some of you ? dont even know what to look for to know its a problem.

some dudes on this site even think having an od head is talking to someone whos in his late 20s.

then you have dudes that cant take advice for ? ...because they alwasy think someone judging them and telling them they are not good enough.

while i would say...i wish you ? had a dad like me....and i am not holding that like "ah ha". i think alot more people would at least have a better understanding of life.

think about it....how many ? came at my neck because i said i would not fukk superhead?

a man would tell his son that all ? aint good ? ....but a ? with no guidance would think all ? is ? .

then you got ? who chase hoez.

a man would tell his son....a hoez is for fun and pleasure when you are at your lowest point and no one is calling you back. even then...shes still a hoe...do what you gotta do but dont be seen with her.
    naw...? wifing hoez and bragging about it an even making it seems ok by saying...all women had sex.

only a ? without guidance will say a woman who had sex and a woman whos a hoe is the same thing.

its things like that that makes certain people stand out