Whats good with african american films??

Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    What kind of diverse movies do you think blacks should be making?

Movies like Inception, Avatar, and Different genres.

I don't have a problem with comedies or dramas. But I'd rather ? stick to their lane instead of doing some ? and looking bad.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thrillers, horror, adventure, animated with all black cast, sci-fi, is all basically untouched..
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    CC_Poncho wrote: »
    Yea we gotta expand past comedies and dramas. A black sci-fi joint would be dope

Someone needs to bring the work of Octavia Butler to the big screen...

and Tananarive Due
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    thrillers, horror, adventure, animated with all black cast, sci-fi, is all basically untouched..
    There has been black versions of all those genres you listed.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    s.free wrote: »
    Aren't you Mexican tho?

Yes im half mexican.

Well since your half Mexican I recommend anything directed or produced by Robert Rodriguez
  • Beta
    edited November 2013
    Options

Names of decent movies please with decent actors
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    This like the 16th movie about the same ?

http://youtu.be/k6iNiJivOOQ

I don't know why but the truth in this statement has me dying right now.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

You want a thriller then what about Takers? Horror I'm not a fan of but Somebody Help Me with Omarion and Marques Houston. Adventure movie Never Die Alone, all black animated movies Bebe's Kids.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You want a thriller then what about Takers? Horror I'm not a fan of but Somebody Help Me with Omarion and Marques Houston. Adventure movie Never Die Alone, all black animated movies Bebe's Kids.

I knew yo ass would say this...decent actors not some trash ? singers.

Bebe kids was a comedy a ratchet one...a madea animated film.

Takers almost had it right...step in right direction
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea we gotta expand past comedies and dramas. A black sci-fi joint would be dope

seen any will smith movies lately?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think he means all black cast
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    A black sci-fi joint would be dope

Yea and watch it be some ? like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9CzPH17ySA

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think he means all black cast

here you go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UvBX3REqSY

you guys gonna have token whites in these upcoming blacc sci fi movies or nah?
  • 5th Letter
    Options

I was asked to name movies. Quit trying to move the goal post. My point is why exactly do black people have to conform to what white people are doing? Like I said in a previous post, I'd prefer if black film makers stayed in their lane instead of branching out and making bs movies.
  • Focal Point
    Options
    Well Jamaica it does get tiresome seeing the same movies over and over, branching out can be refreshing and take people out the comfort zone to somewhere they may actually like.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Well Jamaica it does get tiresome seeing the same movies over and over, branching out can be refreshing and take people out the comfort zone to somewhere they may actually like.

I understand your point but I really feel like blacks get ? on for making certain type of movies over other races.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max is Spanish

Damn
    Never knew
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? did you just equate bebe's kids, a classic animated film in its own right based on the stand up of robin harris to madea?!? no ? sign!

• Focal Point
    Options

I understand your point but I really feel like blacks get ? on for making certain type of movies over other races.

Yeah but it isn't about them as it is more about us and our confidence in going into something unfamiliar and new.
  • Beta
    Options

lol the funny thing is jamaica is that I knew you would say bebe's kids and that wack ass omarion and marques houston movie which is why I said decent movies with decent actors. Then you give me a movie centered by a rapper who cant leave ? alone and stays goin to jail.

How long ago did bebe's kids come out? 21 years ago? lol we due for another animated movie but it doesnt have to be ratchet it could be some ? like the animated movies out today.

You wouldnt wanna see a movie like the bourne identity,the fighter,limitless or any one of these various scary movies like paranormal activity ,kick ass, or chronicle with black casts? This is branching out making BS movies to you?

You wouldnt wanna see an original movie like looper with black people? Or you want us to stay in our lane and make barbershop 3?
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seriously

My wife saw the tv spot fir that new best man movie and I told get no,
    We have seen enough wedding and funeral movies
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Yeah but it isn't about them as it is more about us and our confidence in going into something unfamiliar and new.

I don't feel like we need to make movies to appease white folks. When Scorsese makes his Italian mob movies no one tells him he needs to switch it up. Michael Bay makes explosive movies that's his style. A lot of black directors are comfortable making certain movies I don't feel they need to try something else just for the sake of it.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    lol the funny thing is jamaica is that I knew you would say bebe's kids and that wack ass omarion and marques houston movie which is why I said decent movies with decent actors. Then you give me a movie centered by a rapper who cant leave ? alone and stays goin to jail.

How long ago did bebe's kids come out? 21 years ago? lol we due for another animated movie but it doesnt have to be ratchet it could be some ? like the animated movies out today.

You wouldnt wanna see a movie like the bourne identity,the fighter,limitless or any one of these various scary movies like paranormal activity ,kick ass, or chronicle with black casts? This is branching out making BS movies to you?

You wouldnt wanna see an original movie like looper with black people? Or you want us to stay in our lane and make barbershop 3?

I'm saying that if a black director isn't comfortable making those kinds of movies they'll make some bs in the process, because it isn't their lane.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    uz165Lq.png

Good reviews barely made 18 mill

#sad
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options