Why didn't they make a GTA V upgrade for next gen?

Options
DNB1
DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
Can't find a satisfactory answer anywhere...

School me cause it seems like a fail to me...wont be another GTA for a few years at least...

Comments

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea ok. I just think that any big game title that drops from Sept onwards should have been made with nex gen in mind...especially a game that only gets released every 5 years....

I'm cool I guess, I got enough HD ports and can sit both consoles side by side.

It's just that once the PS4 gets it's spot...I'm only gonna use the PS3 for GTA...everything else I play will be PS4 ready.

It's like, I can imagine buying another PS3 game once I've got the PS4.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A present day grand theft auto vice city is what I want on next Gen its long overdue.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd like to see a new Getaway ...... English gangs are ruthless
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want red dead redemption 2.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guy at gamestop told me it would be out in the new year.Don't know how true that is but he was the manager though
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    GTA CHICAGO . But most likely their going back to vice city
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    GTA CHICAGO . But most likely their going back to vice city

Watchdogs
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Can't find a satisfactory answer anywhere...

There are 80+ million PS3's and 80+ million 360's out there. They want the biggest install base for their game to make the most money in return. It's just not worth it cost wise to develop the game for a brand new system with an extremely low install base right now. Same reason there is no GTA 5 on WiiU. Maybe later in the future they will make a port for next gen systems.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    There was a leak of a GTA5 PS4 bundle ...... but it was pulled quickly
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    also, when you go to vgcharts and click on the game, you see an xbone option. weird.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    profits, not to many people own next gen consoles nor will they own them soon.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought this was always planned.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fail? They made over a billion in sales in three days.

? all that, I want GTA VI on next gen consoles. Let V be the swan song of the 7th generation.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

I was just thinking about this ... a PS4 exclusive getaway would ? on GTA ...
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »

You're being sarcastic, right?

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

106d6l4.gif
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

106d6l4.gif

What's wrong with this? You think another gang culture would not be as good as yours?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options

106d6l4.gif

What's wrong with this? You think another gang culture would not be as good as yours?

Jump to conclusions much?

There hasn't been a bad GTA entry in the last 12 years and every time they drop they raise the bar on the platforms they're dropping for. On the other hand both Getaway entries were thoroughly mediocre & neither proved to be a great showcase of the PS2. The games actually felt undercooked. They're in no way in the same weight class.

I wouldn't be against another Getaway even though I hated the first 2 because it's a decent premise and should get another shot like a lot of other lost Sony Computer Entertainment IP's. To think that it would be anywhere as good as a GTA title though considering the precedent set by the first 2 games, well you have to be sniffing glue. Also at this point I'd rather see them attempt one on PS3 since the devs would know the architecture much better than turn it into another half stepping first generation PS4 title.
  • joshuaboy
    Options

106d6l4.gif

Jump to conclusions much?

There hasn't been a bad GTA entry in the last 12 years and every time they drop they raise the bar on the platforms they're dropping for. On the other hand both Getaway entries were thoroughly mediocre & neither proved to be a great showcase of the PS2. The games actually felt undercooked. They're in no way in the same weight class.

I wouldn't be against another Getaway even though I hated the first 2 because it's a decent premise and should get another shot like a lot of other lost Sony Computer Entertainment IP's. To think that it would be anywhere as good as a GTA title though considering the precedent set by the first 2 games, well you have to be sniffing glue. Also at this point I'd rather see them attempt one on PS3 since the devs would know the architecture much better than turn it into another half stepping first generation PS4 title.

I have no complaints. The culture in the games are ones I'm familiar with as well as the vehicles. With a proper budget and time (and even just plain ripping off the mechanics from GTA5) the game could be a hit (especially in the European market) if they get the story right. GTA4 story was ? compared to Sleeping Dogs, but the mechanics were much better and SD got very repetitive (similarly GTA Online) ...... plus the fact that GTA has a cult following.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    the getaway was way better at being a sim than GTA 4 ever dreamed of... we not talking about customization and ? cuz if that was the case ? would still play saints row... i didnt know getaway had a sequel, but the first one was GOAT... dont suck on daddy R* ? too hard now... competition only helps consumers...

way better story than any GTA also.. its on TLOU levels of involvment in the characters
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gta 4 was horrible

It was a chore. I finished the game the way u sit thru a bad movie jus cause u paid your money.

I would put sleeping dogs and sr3 over gta 4

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gta 4 is the only gta I ever turned in to GameStop and didn't care to 100%