Finally Galaxy S4 to be released on March 14

Options

Comments

• Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so ive searched around and found that you cant just plug the phone up to your pc and access media files. unles im doing something wrong or there is something wrong with my PC .... THIS IS A HUGE STRIKE FOR SAMSUNG

yall ? is pausing and unpausing videos on youtube just by me looking at and away from the phone, you can take screen shots and perform certain tasks with out even touching the phone, but you cant simply take a pic/plug the phone up to your computer and save the pic to your computer???

? huhhh???

Install Kies.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    AP12 wrote: »
    so i copped the galaxy active and was surprised af to find out that the bootloader cant be unlocked or hasnt been hacked up until this point. I've rooted the phone thanks to that hacker Geohot and his one button press rooting apk, but i need a custom rom so that i can stop using some of this At&t stuff...

question, for those of you with the regular S4, does the screen wake each and every single time you get a text? im trying to disable that and cant figure out how for the life of me.

nah it does wake .... just gives the notification sound
  • UPTOWN
    edited August 2013
    Options
    so ive searched around and found that you cant just plug the phone up to your pc and access media files. unles im doing something wrong or there is something wrong with my PC .... THIS IS A HUGE STRIKE FOR SAMSUNG

yall ? is pausing and unpausing videos on youtube just by me looking at and away from the phone, you can take screen shots and perform certain tasks with out even touching the phone, but you cant simply take a pic/plug the phone up to your computer and save the pic to your computer???

? huhhh???

@uptownconnexx

what does it say when you plug in an usb cord? I've NEVER had to do what you are describing. Kies is some BS anyway. I just hook mine up to my PC and drag my files over like i've been doing since my windows phone days

first the "found new hardware" ? in the corner pops up

when i go to 'computer', along with my other drives, i see "android card" and "android phone" (im assuming one is the SD card and the other is the internal memory)

when i double click on either one it takes me to the subfolders such as "media" or "DCIM" or "downloads" but all the icons read '0 bytes' and look like this

unrecognized-file-type-icon.png

ive tried unlocking developer options to allow usb debugging. ive gone thru the device manager to see if the driver was installed properly (device manager shows no problem)

i have no idea why its happening but some ppl can and some ppl cant i guess SMH

now if i uncheck MTP and check PTP, i can run the camera and scanner wizard and see the internal pics (no other kind of files tho smh) but i cant see the sd card.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    My upgrade is due I'ma get this phone probably friday or saturday

get the 32 or 64, not the 16gb

I planned on getting the 32 but I think the sprint stores around here only sell the 16 GB
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I copped it yesterday....? is tight I gotta learn all the tricks on this jank
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    lol I still dont know how to use the air ? and I had it for like 3 weeks

I got N64 SNES and MAME/Arcade emulators running already though
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shizza wrote: »
    Tried to get this phone Saturday but found out I would lose my $30 unlimited plan if i upgrade. ? !!
    Does anybody know of a loophole to somehow keep that plan?

I feel your pain, brosephini. My family and I used to have unlimited text/data and that ? got cut out when smartphones were introduced. Didn't get grandfathered in with a smartphone. :(
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tried to get this phone Saturday but found out I would lose my $30 unlimited plan if i upgrade. ? !!

I feel your pain, brosephini. My family and I used to have unlimited text/data and that ? got cut out when smartphones were introduced. Didn't get grandfathered in with a smartphone. :(

Depending on how your plan works, that's not always a bad thing. My wife and I lost our unlimited plan and actually wound up saving $15 a month without substantially changing our usage.
  • UPTOWN
    edited August 2013
    Options

? huhhh???

@uptownconnexx

what does it say when you plug in an usb cord? I've NEVER had to do what you are describing. Kies is some BS anyway. I just hook mine up to my PC and drag my files over like i've been doing since my windows phone days

first the "found new hardware" ? in the corner pops up

when i go to 'computer', along with my other drives, i see "android card" and "android phone" (im assuming one is the SD card and the other is the internal memory)

when i double click on either one it takes me to the subfolders such as "media" or "DCIM" or "downloads" but all the icons read '0 bytes' and look like this

unrecognized-file-type-icon.png

ive tried unlocking developer options to allow usb debugging. ive gone thru the device manager to see if the driver was installed properly (device manager shows no problem)

i have no idea why its happening but some ppl can and some ppl cant i guess SMH

now if i uncheck MTP and check PTP, i can run the camera and scanner wizard and see the internal pics (no other kind of files tho smh) but i cant see the sd card.

tried it on another pc ... it worked flawlessly SMH

just plugged it up and the sd card and the damn internal memory popped right up working perfectly. its my machine thats ? up not the phone

somebody let me hold $700 imma get a nice HP desktop
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Depending on how your plan works, that's not always a bad thing. My wife and I lost our unlimited plan and actually wound up saving $15 a month without substantially changing our usage.

@sixsicksins

who are you with?

If you are with AT&T...DO NOT let them take your unlimited plan away. I've had mine for 3 phones now. I think the other carriers do make you lose it though

I am indeed with AT&T. It's been gone, lol. We're about to get 6GB of data to split between the three people in my family, some recent family plan they've put out. I'm happy with that seeing as my parents won't use much so I can leech a lil over my regular 2GB allowance hehehe.
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    oh dont worry ... your sg4 will kick you off the network for wifi when ever possible LOL believe that
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well ok, it worked out for you then. I've actually begun to use my wifi more so if my usage still hovers around 2-3gb with no wifi, then i might get us a shared plan to see if we would save any money

I'm betting it will. We cut our usage in half simply by using Wi-Fi when it's available.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    oh dont worry ... your sg4 will kick you off the network for wifi when ever possible LOL believe that
    cs happens to me even when Im at home
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    anyone with a S4 get the air controls to work while web browsing?

The only time it works for me is previewing emails/texts and gallery
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Wtf I downloaded 2 firmware Updates the past few weeks and they both suck.

I don't like what they did to my phone.

Is it Verizon only or did everyone get them?
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Wtf I downloaded 2 firmware Updates the past few weeks and they both suck.

I don't like what they did to my phone.

Is it Verizon only or did everyone get them?

Just Verizon for now. Everybody else gets them later this month and next.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    the updates suck lol
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    i dont like the sg4 overall ...
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    ? drops the wifi connection all the time
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My ? was doing that and I read if you turn off the Wifi Direct it stops. Did that and I don't have any issues with my wi-fi connection now.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But I got a Galaxy Note 3
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    is anyone having the memory card issue where it dismounts and files get corrupted etc when being saved to SD card??
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    is anyone having the memory card issue where it dismounts and files get corrupted etc when being saved to SD card??

nope
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    it didnt start happening for me till the 2 new updates
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It killed one of my sd cards about 2 months ago, Samsung replaced it for free but I got screwed cause I didn't back up any of my files before it happened. I got the dismount error about 5 times before it finally died so I shouldve took heed to the warning signs.