U.N.S. The Education on Tommy Sotomayor.

Options

Comments

• desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stopitfive wrote: »
    So it's cool to father children and not raise them because of criminal justice inj7ustices?
    And tommy makes it worse by making unfunny videos?

Huh? Lol...when did I say that?

Here's a better question... has the prison industrial complex done a hell of a job breaking apart the black family? Yes or no?

Dude make videos that perpetuating negative stereotypes, that offer little to no plausible solutions to the matter at hand...that sounds helpful to you?

Of course it has. That's one issue.
    Shall we ignore personal responsibility all together?
    Is it the prison industrial complex that makes two low lives create a life and not parent it?
    Shall we never discuss human agency?

Self accountability is important...and there are is a lot of bad parents out there...but there are a lot of bad non blk parents out there so what does that have to do with the racial disparities that exist?.... And let's not act like society's influence is much larger and stronger than any parents at times

Also how realistic is it to expect poorly educated, highly stressed parents, often themselves poorly reared, to just up and change without any sort of help or guidance for outside forces

Anyways, i put more so the blame for the state of the blk community on the blk folk who live in the suburbs and jump at the chance to criticize ? than I do the "low lifes"... why not go back to your old neighborhood to help rebuild and mentor at risk youth instead of continuing on with this lynch mob mentality

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    taeboo wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    So I was watching one of his vids this morning.
    He is over the top. But ppl should probably b more upset at the ratchets and animals he rails against.
    His emotional state ain't gonna stop certain folks from misbehaving.

So I'm supposed to be mad at how the next person chooses to live their life?

yes because they are a detriment to the black community. if you can get upset about someone on YT expressing their opinion then why can't get you get upset about the ratchets and savages who are actually contributing to the decadence of our community. By your logic TS should just be a man with an opinion.
    Many blacks are opposed to what he says very adamantly. Which is amazing because they if they spent half that energy fixing up their communities then Tommy wouldn't even have a reason to speak.

What is me being all upset going to do though? Is my anger going to magically change someone's behavior?

We want to do better as a race. We can't do that unless we hold each other acountable.

We need to reprogram the mind set of the youth, but we can't do that if nobody gives a ? .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umIp81ZrKsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I-m62lNIvQ

Sargent waters was preoccupied with what the white man thought of us. I don't condone that.... we are beyond that stage. We need to work on ourselves for ourselves and get rid of the dumb ? that's dragging us down and drowning us.

Despite the bolded, everything he said was true in terms of what we need to do to advance further.

He was actually emphasizing the underlined.

The C.J.s aren't the dumb ? that's dragging us down. C.J. was about having fun and being an athlete. I have no problem with that.... Waters was jealous of C.J. in my opinion.

The dumb ? Im referring to is this gang bang ? . These hoes not raising the babies. The ideal that being educated is synonymous with being white. Dumb ? ...Ghetto ? . We need to fix that ? .
  • desertrain10
    Options
    So it's cool to father children and not raise them because of criminal justice injustices?

Here's a better question... has the prison industrial complex done a hell of a job breaking apart the black family? Yes or no?

Dude make videos that perpetuating negative stereotypes, that offer little to no plausible solutions to the matter at hand...that sounds helpful to you?

the war on drugs has and continues to play a significant role for the incarceration of black males in this country. However to totally ignore the creation of the welfare state and it's contribution to the break of the black family is insane. Embracing liberal policies has been just as much if not more of a detriment as the war on drugs. And if you really want to delve deeper into this ,failed liberal policies and the embracing of feminism happened around the same time period.

What is the basis of these claims? Please omit any of your personal experiences, observations...

Also correlation does not imply causation....

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I was watching one of his vids this morning.
    He is over the top. But ppl should probably b more upset at the ratchets and animals he rails against.
    His emotional state ain't gonna stop certain folks from misbehaving.

So I'm supposed to be mad at how the next person chooses to live their life?

yes because they are a detriment to the black community. if you can get upset about someone on YT expressing their opinion then why can't get you get upset about the ratchets and savages who are actually contributing to the decadence of our community. By your logic TS should just be a man with an opinion.
    Many blacks are opposed to what he says very adamantly. Which is amazing because they if they spent half that energy fixing up their communities then Tommy wouldn't even have a reason to speak.

What is me being all upset going to do though? Is my anger going to magically change someone's behavior?

We want to do better as a race. We can't do that unless we hold each other acountable.

We need to reprogram the mind set of the youth, but we can't do that if nobody gives a ? .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umIp81ZrKsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I-m62lNIvQ

Sargent waters was preoccupied with what the white man thought of us. I don't condone that.... we are beyond that stage. We need to work on ourselves for ourselves and get rid of the dumb ? that's dragging us down and drowning us.

Despite the bolded, everything he said was true in terms of what we need to do to advance further.

He was actually emphasizing the underlined.

The C.J.s aren't the dumb ? that's dragging us down. C.J. was about having fun and being an athlete. I have no problem with that.... Waters was jealous of C.J. in my opinion.

The dumb ? Im referring to is this gang bang ? . These hoes not raising the babies. The ideal that being educated is synonymous with being white. Dumb ? ...Ghetto ? . We need to fix that ? .

Agreed.

I wasn't specifically focusing on CJ.....but more on what he was saying in a general sense.

That we need to distance ourselves from those of us who are trying to bring us down.

Whether they're doing it intentionally or unintentionally.

• Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [quodon't"Ioniz3dSPIRITZ;6545732"]
    Lol. Pick a video. Discuss his points. Get over his shock ? shtick ...
    For example:
    There many female headed households or nah?

There are a lof of female headed households within the blk community....we didnt need sotomayor to tell us that. Its discussed ad nauseum on the IC and other forums really....

What i take issue with and what makes me question tommy sotomayor is how he continues perpetuates this notion that this is mainly the fault of blk women who have either driven blk men out of their homes in favor of a welfare check or its because our bad attitudes have forced blk men to marry non blk women by the groves, which is laughable...

fact is we lost a lot of blk men to the prison industrial complex and racial biases within the justice system via the war on drugs and mandatory sentencing...unfortunately there are more blk people in prison than there were slaves...

Also over 80% of blk men marry blk women...

Not to mention just because a woman files for head of household doesn't mean a man is absent from the household or does it mean, if she has children, that the father of her children is a deadbeat...couldn't it just mean blk men are having trouble finding jobs that pay a living wage?

Again we didnt need tommy sotomayor to clue us is in there being a lot female headed households, and his position on the matter definitely isn't helpful or based in fact

you seem to down play the significance of everything and you are convinced that we as black people should not take accountability for our own state. this is why I don't engage in argument with you.

You don't engage with me simply because you can't...

I paint a picture with facts, you ramble on with anecdotal evidence...

And I never implied nor said that blk people shouldn't have to take accoutability for their actions...just tired of white people being held less accountable for theirs

what im especially tired of is people either trying to convince me that we live in this post racial society or trying to have me accept my place at the bottom totem pole

Yea I know life isnt fair, but I don't see how we can move forward as a community if we comtinue to bash each other without properly address the root of our problems which is white supremacy ...so yea bruh no matter how well you speak or dress they still gonna treat you like a ? ...wake up

[/quote]

so white supremacy is to blame for blacks amassing a spending power of over 1 trillion dollars and owning next to nothing within the very communities we live in? Sure white supremacy exists but at the end of the day our ability to combat it relies solely on us. I couldn't care less about white supremacy because I know our people have the potential to sustain themselves in this country. But that potential will never realize if the social issues that plague our people aren't addressed. And many of these issues are self imposed and inflicted. It has nothing to do with the legacy of slavery or Jim Crow.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So it's cool to father children and not raise them because of criminal justice inj7ustices?

Is it the prison industrial complex that makes two low lives create a life and not parent it?

Self accountability is important...and there are is a lot of bad parents out there...but there are a lot of bad non blk parents out there so what does that have to do with the racial disparities that exist?

ineffective parenting ➡️ deviance. why should we point the finger at bad white parents when our issue is bad black parents?
    And let's not act like society's influence is much larger and stronger than any parents at times
    parents are the number one agent of socialization. y'all can't refute this.
    Also how realistic is it to expect poorly educated, highly stressed parents, often themselves poorly reared, to just up and change without any sort of help or guidance for outside forces

how realistic is it to expect someone else clean your mess? outside forces cannot be the focus. we need to clean house. how we look always waiting for a savior? we need to step the ? up and clean up our own mess.
    Anyways, i put more so the blame for the state of the blk community on the blk folk who live in the suburbs and jump at the chance to criticize ? than I do the "low lifes"... why not go back to your old neighborhood to help rebuild and mentor at risk youth instead of continuing on with this lynch mob mentality

Im from the hood. hood ? know a lowlife is a lowlife. how you gonna blame ? in the suburbs for your ? ups?
    I'll concede that the movement of "decent folks" away from the hood is a part of the problem. at some point, the hood needs to self police. waiting for everyone else to help is some loser ? .
  • DafuqYo
    DafuqYo Members Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Options
    So it's cool to father children and not raise them because of criminal justice injustices?

the war on drugs has and continues to play a significant role for the incarceration of black males in this country. However to totally ignore the creation of the welfare state and it's contribution to the break of the black family is insane. Embracing liberal policies has been just as much if not more of a detriment as the war on drugs. And if you really want to delve deeper into this ,failed liberal policies and the embracing of feminism happened around the same time period.

What about the war on the opportunity
    To Sell drugs? A lot of people feel like the have the right to sell drugs and the community they sell drugs in is rightfully theirs (they even tattoo these streets on themselves).
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It never fails. When we have someone on this forum bring up a good valid point that is worth considering, you have monkeys jumping off the branches to confuse and to ultimately shatter the point by silly ass selfish viewpoints that have nothing to do with wisdom or common sense that basically highlights the original opinion's worth. It turns into who can throw the most shade at someone.

Some of you are just utterly stupid as hell and really don't know it. Instead of responding with intellectual opinions, most responses are wooden and hand me down rebuttals from forum horse monkey ? . It's terrible. Black folks are easier to enslave because they are so damn dumb, selfish, egotistical, and obnoxious.

• DafuqYo
    DafuqYo Members Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sorry for thinking that those who choose to sell drugs are just as responsible too.

I forgot, they are irresponsible.
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's going here?
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Tommy sotomayor is a idiot I recommend everyone here to check the videos Brotha T west(Afrisynergy.) did about him.

he broke tommy down.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [/quote]

The study was conducted by Judith Rich Harris...her study concluded that parents have little or no long-term effect on children's personality, intelligence, or mental health[/quote]

I posted this in another thread and tried to spark a conversation about it....no one responded tho...

I mainly put this in here in reposnse to this:
    And let's not act like society's influence is much larger and stronger than any parents at times

• Dr.Chemix
    Options
    FourEfil wrote: »
    What's going here?

skim through pages 1-3 to get a idea
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    One book published in 1998 isn't enough evidence to refute the many studies to the contrary.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    Tommy sotomayor is a idiot I recommend everyone here to check the videos Brotha T west(Afrisynergy.) did about him.

he broke tommy down.

Why we breaking down Tommy and not the issues?
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options

he broke tommy down.

Why we breaking down Tommy and not the issues?

@Stopitfive

We Are addressing the issues infact more and more Blacks are realizing what they mush and should do being black in america. However Tommy is a Menace with his constant bombing on Black women guy isnt doing anything to help , hell guy even says stuff that we blacks shouldnt get together.

let me just show his videos( Its somewhat you can say a series.)

and Afirsynergys whole channel is about what blacks should do and other things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxPvUUQrJi8
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Soto does tell the truth. It's harsh and ugly but there's truth to it. A many of black women unfortunately fit the exact profile he's talking about and in return are the same ones that get so bent out of shape by what he's saying. If he where talkin bout black men, they'd be cosigning him to death. But I don't like the fact that he says "black women" a lot as if to generalize. Yeah he says he doesn't mean all black women, but that's only after he's said a bunch of "black women"s. I don't agree with that. Not every sista is like that and let's keep the focus on where it belongs, on these trifilin ass ? .

2. We cant get ? resolved cuz we refuse to address issues right before our eyes. It's always an excuse for an ain't ? ? . This has to stop. ? all the "shaming won't help" or "don't judge" ? , it's some hoes out here that need to run into a brick wall. We done beat up on ? do death, wtf else can we blame on black men that ain't been said already? Let's be real, who raised all these ain't ? men? With that in mind, the black men out here ? up deserve no cake walk either, but for every black man thats ? up, there's a black woman (or women) lettin him dig them out raw.

3. Welfare done made us lazy as ? . It's a fact, black folk ain't productive unless they're struggling. Ever since there's been less to come together and fight for, black folk done sat around and waited for them checks. And let's stop ignoring the fact that as high as the poverty rate is for us, black folk stay spending money on ? they don't need and can't afford. We see it every damn day, but then some of us wanna front like it's a minor problem. Stop

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    One book published in 1998 isn't enough evidence to refute the many studies to the contrary.

Charles Darwin had one book out that spoke of his studies that eventually became widely accepted in the scientific community too...

its not the only book that puts forth the same philosophy Ruth tried to prove either....
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Judith....

I hate this phone sometimes
  • desertrain10
    edited December 2013
    Options

Self accountability is important...and there are is a lot of bad parents out there...but there are a lot of bad non blk parents out there so what does that have to do with the racial disparities that exist?

ineffective parenting ➡️ deviance. why should we point the finger at bad white parents when our issue is bad black parents?

how realistic is it to expect someone else clean your mess? outside forces cannot be the focus. we need to clean house. how we look always waiting for a savior? we need to step the ? up and clean up our own mess.

Im from the hood. hood ? know a lowlife is a lowlife. how you gonna blame ? in the suburbs for your ? ups?
    I'll concede that the movement of "decent folks" away from the hood is a part of the problem. at some point, the hood needs to self police. waiting for everyone else to help is some loser ? .

most the problems unique to the blk community can be traced back to systematic inequality i.e. the racial disparities that exist in healthcare, housing, wealth, prison sentencing, etc ...so again what does bad parenting in the blk community have to do with a judge sentencing jerome a blk man to 2 years in prison, while only sentencing tim a white man to probation even though they both have no priors and committed the same offense

are you saying we should just accept our place in society and stress to our kids strive to be perfect, as if many blk parents aren't already doing as much...and you can't dismiss the power of societal forces, as well as peer pressure, on children either

i know i did things i wouldn't want my parents knowing about....thank ? these mistakes didn't cost me my chance at a future like so many other blk youth

not saying good parenting isn't important, however the aforementioned challenges and those posed by bad tax policy, the off shoring of jobs, the war on drugs, failures in education policy, poor gun control policies, and global economic reform can’t be solved simply by good parenting... its going to take a lot more than that

we continue to ignore the root of our problems the cycle will continue on and on...

• Meta_Conscious
    edited December 2013
    Options

Charles Darwin had one book out that spoke of his studies that eventually became widely accepted in the scientific community too...

its not the only book that puts forth the same philosophy Ruth tried to prove either....

? u for distracting me from writing this paper on Correctional Program Assessment.
    I found a meta-analysis that supports the notion that parent impact educational achievement. This is just an illustration of how parenting effects one area of a child's life. An important area at that.
    Abstract:
    A meta-analysis was undertaken, including 21 studies, to determine the impact of parental in- volvement on the academic achievement of minority children. Statistical analyses were under- taken to determine the overall effects of parental involvement obtained for each study as well as specific components of parental involvement. Four different measures of academic achievement were used. The possible differing effects of parental involvement by gender and socioeconomic status were also considered. The results indicate that the impact of parental involvement overall is significant for all the minority groups under study. For all groups, parental involvement, as a whole, affected all the academic variables under study by at least two tenths of a standard devia- tion unit. However, among some of the races, certain aspects of parental involvement had a greater impact than did others. The significance of these results is discussed.

for the article google:
    A META-ANALYSIS
    The Effects of Parental
    Involvement on Minority
    Children’s Academic Achievement
    WILLIAM H. JEYNES
    California State University, Long Beach
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options

most the problems unique to the blk community can be traced back to systematic inequality i.e. the racial disparities that exist in healthcare, housing, wealth, prison sentencing, etc ...so again what does bad parenting in the blk community have to do with a judge sentencing jerome a blk man to 2 years in prison, while only sentencing tim a white man to probation even though they both have no priors and committed the same offense

are you saying we should just accept our place in society and stress to our kids strive to be perfect, as if many blk parents aren't already doing as much...and you can't dismiss the power of societal forces, as well as peer pressure, on children either

i know i did things i wouldn't want my parents knowing about....thank ? these mistakes didn't cost me my chance at a future like so many other blk youth

not saying good parenting isn't important, however the aforementioned challenges and those posed by bad tax policy, the off shoring of jobs, the war on drugs, failures in education policy, poor gun control policies, and global economic reform can’t be solved simply by good parenting... its going to take a lot more than that

we continue to ignore the root of our problems the cycle will continue on and on...

my point is that all those things are relevant, however, inequality and oppression do not free us from our personal responsibility.
    in the face of all those hardships the majority of blacks are decent law abiding citizens. the loud minority of deviants need to be taken to task.
    we must fight injustice as well as take accountability.
    better parents, stronger communities. we cannot overcome systematic racism by complaint about it alone.
    one solution to the communities issues is rebuilding the family. ? need to raise their kids. ? need to stop letting multiple bums skeet skeet. gawd damn.
  • desertrain10
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »
    1. Soto does tell the truth. It's harsh and ugly but there's truth to it. A many of black women unfortunately fit the exact profile he's talking about and in return are the same ones that get so bent out of shape by what he's saying. If he where talkin bout black men, they'd be cosigning him to death. But I don't like the fact that he says "black women" a lot as if to generalize. Yeah he says he doesn't mean all black women, but that's only after he's said a bunch of "black women"s. I don't agree with that. Not every sista is like that and let's keep the focus on where it belongs, on these trifilin ass ? .

2. We cant get ? resolved cuz we refuse to address issues right before our eyes. It's always an excuse for an ain't ? ? . This has to stop. ? all the "shaming won't help" or "don't judge" ? , it's some hoes out here that need to run into a brick wall. We done beat up on ? do death, wtf else can we blame on black men that ain't been said already? Let's be real, who raised all these ain't ? men? With that in mind, the black men out here ? up deserve no cake walk either, but for every black man thats ? up, there's a black woman (or women) lettin him dig them out raw.

3. Welfare done made us lazy as ? . It's a fact, black folk ain't productive unless they're struggling. Ever since there's been less to come together and fight for, black folk done sat around and waited for them checks. And let's stop ignoring the fact that as high as the poverty rate is for us, black folk stay spending money on ? they don't need and can't afford. We see it every damn day, but then some of us wanna front like it's a minor problem. Stop

stop

there's hundreds of studies (google, lazy) that do not support the view that public assistance programs significantly reduces the incentive to work... mainly because there is no real incentive for a lazy person to not work and collect a check... so i really don't know where you get this idea that welfare has made us lazy, besides maybe talk radio and your own limited personal observations

generally people turn to the government because they cannot get jobs that pay a living wage, not because they are pathologically dependent on handouts or unusually reluctant to work

with the news of mconalds an walmart, two of america's largest employers, encouraging their workers to file for foodstamps and other forms of aid, i don't see how you continue to live in this bubble lol

rest of your post is one broad generalization after another

• Dr.Chemix
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »

stop

there's hundreds of studies (google, lazy) that do not support the view that public assistance programs significantly reduces the incentive to work... mainly because there is no real incentive for a lazy person to not work and collect a check... so i really don't know where you get this idea that welfare has made us lazy, besides maybe talk radio and your own limited personal observations

generally people turn to the government because they cannot get jobs that pay a living wage, not because they are pathologically dependent on handouts or unusually reluctant to work

with the news of mconalds an walmart, two of america's largest employers, encouraging their workers to file for foodstamps and other forms of aid, i don't see how you continue to live in this bubble lol

rest of your post is one broad generalization after another

I tell you man, everytime this ? broad speaks, I can hear flies and ? falling out of her mouth.

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    however, inequality and oppression do not free us from our personal responsibility.