Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I forgot all about that GI Bro ? they had him doing
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co-sign, the only dude that was an equal opportunist was Paul Heyman. I remember Tazz and Sabu going back and forth for the heavyweight title and I'm assuming Vince, Russo and the rest of these crackers don't want an African-American audience, just an American, Mexican, LGBT and Samoan fan base.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So only time black wrestlers won titles on WCW was when there was some racist complaints. It's basically the same ? when Rom Simmons won the belt.

Damn shame.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's basically the same type of ? that resulted in Mark Henry winning the WHC. They put in on him as pacification and good PR for the racist ? Micheal Hayes pulled. Booker, Mark, and Farooq all token title reigns and nothing more.

Shout out to Big E!

You in for a long and very disappointing career my ?
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Too bad no one was watching wcw in 2000
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big E looking like a young Ahmed Johnson. If he stay in shape he has a shot, the politics aren't against him like it was against others.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Big E reminds me more of Taz than Ahmed. Even mroe Alpha Male Monty Brown than Ahmed. Ahmed was really one of a kind.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Ahmed was go win the title at some point but he couldn't stay healthy.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember that mess with GI Bro.

they weren't doing nothing with Booker, and then the MIA, Misfits In Action were a low/mid card stable with kats like Lash LeRoux, Major Gunns, Chavo Guerrero, The Wall, Van Hammer, and Hugh Morrus that Booker just popped out of nowhere and was a member.

he rode with those bums for a couple months then suddenly he shed that gimmick and went back to being the athletic Booker that we all knew and won the title.

I've said it for years, I never understood why African American choose professional wrestling as a career when it's going to be guided by someone who doesn't like you because of the color of your skin. Why waste your youth on a sport that doesn't like you?

We see it all the time when a black wrestler makes his come up, their stepping stone tends to bring up ? like eating chicken, dancing, watermelon, a criminal past, hip hop music, pimping, a cracked out family member, "non proper" English, "the hood", ? like that. And their gimmicks are so stereotypical, it's disgusting. At some point in time, they will wear a stereotype on their sleeve if they are introduced as an all-american athlete, whether they know/like it or not. If they reject the gimmick, they are considered an unruly ? , jobbed out, and future endeavored. They will find someone who will take that role, just like in Hollywood Shuffle.

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really wanna act like Dwayne Johnson a Top 5 DOA? ? just gotta have that persona. They hated Rocky Maivia. Dwayne was smart enough to turn into a persona they love to hate.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rocky was about to get fired because he couldn't get over with the original smiling to the ring, slapping hands with the fans type gimmick. On top of that, he was injury prone early in his career.

If it wasn't for Ahmed Johnson always getting hurt and opening up a spot in the NOD, The Rock may not had ever been born.

the rock may not have been the best technical wrestler, a point HBK and HHH tried to bring up on numerous occasions in their attempts to son Rock, but the crowd didn't want to hear about how well he wrestled; they wanted him to spit flame on the mic for a good laugh and lay the smacketh down on some jabronies.

to this day, a wise cracking, ? character is beloved by the crowd. It's hard to boo someone who ethers everyone creative put in front of them.

if Booker T, with his athleticism, had Rock's verbal, he'd be GOAT. He was nice, but too many times I tried to figure out what he said because of his thick tongue (nh).