2014 MAINSTREAM HIPHOP : ARE YOU EXCITED?

Options
2»

Comments

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I M SO DISAPOINTED THAT I LL LEAN MORE ON THE UNDERGROUND
    GunTown wrote: »
    Yup looking forward to new music from Boosie and the new 50 album

A 50 album?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    2014 GONNA GET WORSE
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    lol @ the optimism...

2014 will be the year of the white rapper.

watch.

Thats why i rather take the non mainstream route. I wont put hope on these guys anymore.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ the optimism...

watch.

ok...
    i need to alter my stance a little bit because of this... if u look at iTunes there are a bunch of white rappers popping up out of nowhere...
    there is gonna be a need to separate the corporate rappers from the grassroots rappers...
    with that said, ? the corporate rappers.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    STATUS QUO : BIG ANNOUNCES , BIG FLOPPS
    More of the same.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Poll analysis :

The optimistic IC is outnumbered by the pessimistic side : 67 % of the voters dont see an improving as opposed to the 33%...

For the moment.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    STATUS QUO : BIG ANNOUNCES , BIG FLOPPS
    When you think about it all the big names dropped albums in 2013...Aside from Nas and Ross with mixed results
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I THINK THAT 2014 WILL BE BETTER THAN 2013
    2013 wasnt that great mainstreamwiae
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options

The day i gave a listen to French Montana 's joint i said to myself ' are those corporate guys serious ? '

I respect you for your solidarity upon the mainstream bruh. Until they prove the opposite , i wont be optimistic about them anymore.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lemzola wrote: »

The day i gave a listen to French Montana 's joint i said to myself ' are those corporate guys serious ? '

I respect you for your solidarity upon the mainstream bruh. Until they prove the opposite , i wont be optimistic about them anymore.

Chill homie.

You acting like Mainstream Hip Hop was just as bad in 2012. Sure - The big stage wasn't hitting like that this year, but real talk, the so-called underground didn't produce classics like that in 2013 either.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    MadSirius wrote: »
    lemzola wrote: »

Chill homie.

You acting like Mainstream Hip Hop was just as bad in 2012. Sure - The big stage wasn't hitting like that this year, but real talk, the so-called underground didn't produce classics like that in 2013 either.

Hi bruh

Again im not comparing. Wether 2013 is worse as 2012 is another topic imo.
    The point where we agree is that this year is another bad one.
    Thats why i will take a break from the mainstream and lean on the underground in 2014. To be more precise ill buy 80 % underground and 20 % mainstream.

ESGN is bumped in my phone without SKIPPING
    same goes for BLACK MILK and RUN THE JEWELZ. That s not the case of MCHG and MMLP2.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    That being said we need a poll to know what the IC expect for the albums in the next year.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? withmany albums this year vut it was the mixtapes and indy ? that was the best
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    My Predictions for 2014's Mainstream

I honestly think NYC will see a mainstream comeback as the cracks in Ebro's ? embargo on NYC Hip-Hop have become more and more evident with pressure mounting not only recently from the Lox and Talib Kweli, but NY ? in general. Radio play in NYC will improve, and Hot97 will potentially begin to actually break local artists. This will set the precedent for other East Coast stations from 105 to Power 99 in Philly.

TDE will continue to mount the pressure on the entire industry, if there threat of 6 albums for 2014 are true. Drake, as the current top contender will either finally take notice and become competitive, or ? up and risk losing his spot as Kendrick continues to send sniper shots from Cali to Toronto.

Musically, Kanye will rise from the ashes of Yeezus like Christ on Easter, as Q-Tip and Rick Rubin are quoted in stating they will produce his next album. Thank ? .

Diddy will begin to make substantial moves in the industry with Revolt TV. MTV, BET, and other broadcast stations will begin to feel the squeeze, and amend their programming accordingly. Maybe more actual music instead of ? reality shows for a change.

Hov will be Hov I guess. If the rest of my predictions become true, we will see the return of a more formidable Jay Z in general because the overall Hip-Hop climate will demand it at that point.

The South got the Outkast album potentially comin' which everyone wants. Big Krit and the serious southern talent will take notice, and follow suit with great projects. Some of these cuts will find global / mainstream success. Other then that, we'll see another catchy summer hit from some new ? , who will proceed to fade away by the new year of 2015. 2Chainz will fall off, either before, or shortly after his third album. Swag.

Edit: My ? up top mentioned Boosie for 2014. I agree.

Mark my words ? .
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    The ballots are still in favor of pessimism...
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More ? . Operation: Whitewash Hip Hop will come to fruitition.
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    more hype
    more sike
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2013 was the year of the average rapper which means real hip hop is slowly but surely breaking back into the mainstream

Technically sound but sorta lame rappers like Kendrick and Macklemore (J.Cole) should light the fire under some actual dope spitters out there to find a hook driven formula that works for them and make a viable push for the charts
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ the optimism...

watch.

The threat of white rappers taking over mainstream is on some doomsday preppers ? . Everyone paranoid about white rappers taking over the mainstream game but every year 97% of them are regional like the lower marion kobe. I been saying white execs not trying to push white rappers because even white hipster fans look toward black rappers for street cred. Plus they would rather see black rappers make a mockery of our culture/reaffirm sterotypes then pushing white images.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Thanks everybody for your participation, ideas and point of views thus far.