Options
12345679»

Comments

• nicole7477
    nicole7477 Members Posts: 71
    Options
    nicole7477 wrote: »
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    Other females of Family Matters...all of them finer than Laura!

Maxine
    image14.jpg

Myra, The goat of this show
    Michelle-Thomas-Feet-353558.jpgMichelle-Thomas-Feet-139372.jpg

Greta, Eddie's girl
    fm_tammy3.jpg7e2e92bm89ph2e9p.jpg

Some chick named KC who I don't remember
    MV5BMTM3NTAwMjA4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFyZXN1bWU@._V1._SX268_SY400_.jpg

Oneisha, Eddie's girl
    MV5BMTQ3NzQyMzI3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODMyMjQ1._V1._SY314_CR25,0,214,314_.jpg
    mari_morrow_5248146.jpg
    img_7379.jpg
    mari_morrow_1823387.jpg

Hell even the aunt is smashable
    DGG-01932340285.jpg

There were a lot of random chicks who passed through that show - all still finer than Laura - but they weren't on for more than a few episodes.
    Yeah, those women are either light skinned or mixed, so they look better than Laura simply because they looked mixed. COLORSTRUCK SELF-HATING ? ! This is the prime example as of why brown and dark skinned women date and marry out because of color struck negroes like you.

im saying ... laura does look better than a couple of those girls on that list. i raised an eyebrow at how easy it was to place laura under the rest of those girls just like that with no 2nd guessing. laura is not ugly or unsmashable what so ever.

fact is none of them, laura, myra, or maxine are all that fine. none of them could ? with lisa turtle and its not even close.

i think what we really need to look at is the fact that the stereotypical character that young black women were cast as back in those days was quite racist tbh. if you look at laura, she was this sassy, neck rolling, bad attitude having semi smart black girl from chicago who couldnt pick a good guy to save her life and the only guy who really seen her as being beautiful was the unpopular annoying minstrel. lisa turtle was the black girl who actually lived in "the valley" but was still a sassy, credit card swiping, shop-a-holic, drama/gossip queen. and you rarely ever seen her parents. even tho they were doctors.
    neither of lisa'a or laura's white counterparts actually had "bad" character traits. kelly kapowski was the all american level headed cheerleader who was the victim way more times than not. jessy spano was the witty, well read, alpha female feminist who always had a cause to fight for but some times was a little too extreme. and then of course laura winslows white counterpart was DJ Tanner from full house, and im sure we all know what kind of character she was, especially compared to laura.

fact is america did not want to see a black girl just be straight up and down wholesome. i cant even think of a show where there were young black women who werent sassy or mischievous. and most shows that portrayed black ppl had broken homes. the cosbys, tho ahead of its time, had to go out of its way to portray a respectable black family. but you still seen glimpses of those typical character traits.... take for example clair huxstables somewhat sassy way of talking to her husband cliff at times. it really seems as if the shows that came after the cosby's really set out to undo what the cosby's had accomplished.

Thank you for the information that you gave in this forum. I didn't mean to come out all militant, but it's just that for years, dark skinned or brown skinned women in the black community always get the short end of the stick when it comes to who they perceived as attractive. I mean, look at how they place Laura Winslow as far as beauty (Myra, Maxine, Laura). The brown and dark girl ALWAYS the last one. Laura Winslow is the epitome of brown skinned beauty, and you're right, I think that negative stereotype of black women that's been practiced by Laura has men thinking that she's unattractive when I know she's not. Every time I talk about the unfair treatment of dark skinned or brown skinned women, they call me names and what have you in here, and the reason why these guys did it is because I EXPOSE their color bias behavior, and they feel uncomfortable about that. And I noticed that not only this website is color bias towards dark skinned women, but it's also sexist. I mean, as a woman, I get called a ? for speaking my mind about something that's been swept under the table. It's like they can say whatever they want in this site but because I'm a woman, I supposed to shut up and take the abuse. I'm not going to stop talking about it. This goes deeper than Laura Winslow. It's the ever-continuing hatred and bias towards brown skinned and dark skinned women. I mean come on, look at the words that these brothers use pertaining to brown and dark girls. "Tar babies", "darkies", dark butts". Like WTF???? Are you kidding me? And then they will uplift the most mediocre to ugly looking light skinned girls and call her a dime simply because they're light skinned, nothing more.

Black men, unfortunately, are the only group of men that devalue black women's looks. The only black women that they treat better are either light skinned or mixed. And even if a brown or dark skinned girl is mixed (Lark Voorhees, Tatyana Ali, Kenya Moore, Rozonda Chilli Thomas), they will still place her at the bottom. Case and point, they always say that Hillary Banks look better than Ashley Banks, and to me, she looks average. Ashley looks better than her in my opinion, but because Hillary is lighter than Ashley, they gravitate to her as beautiful.

This way of thinking is the reason why brown-skinned girls and dark skinned girls go to non-black men because it seems like non-black men are the only men that appreciate brown and dark skinned girls.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Laura is not the epitome of brown skinned beauty, what the ? ?...Send that pic Nicole...
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clair Hux wasn't sassy. She was righteous.
  • nicole7477
    Options
    Claire Huxtable is on the lightskin team. Keep the darkies away.
    Clair Huxtable is not that light. Keep dreaming.

• nicole7477
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    Laura is not the epitome of brown skinned beauty, what the ? ?...Send that pic Nicole...
    Yes she is

• nicole7477
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    Clair Hux wasn't sassy. She was righteous.
    This is true. I never saw Clair as sassy.

• nicole7477
    Options
    All these damn feelings fueled titangraphs. ? the last half of this thread, ain't nobody reading all that ? .

All them hoes can of any hue can get it anally.
    All these damn feelings fueled titangraphs. ? the last half of this thread, ain't nobody reading all that ? .

All them hoes can of any hue can get it anally.
    Another black woman hater.

• A1000MILES
    Options
    Yes she is

No...She's not...Now send me that pic, Nicole...

Tatyana-Ali-05.jpg

Denise-Boutte-Feet-933366.jpg

DCC_JillMJ-purse.jpg

Lisa-Turtle.jpg

Keke+Palmer+%25283%2529.jpg
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ashley banks will always get the D
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes she is

Tatyana-Ali-05.jpg

DCC_JillMJ-purse.jpg

Lisa-Turtle.jpg

Just Adding On

Foxy+Brown+foxybrown7.jpg

sanaa.jpg

386900_Regina-Hall-1_jpg434432095c127963a4920169f8dd3f3c

8411817_ori.jpg

lol.....? a laura winsloq
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sweet glowry, anally.
  • nicole7477
    Options
    Yes she is

Tatyana-Ali-05.jpg

DCC_JillMJ-purse.jpg

Lisa-Turtle.jpg

I'm sorry, but I can't send the picture right now. I'm not in the best state of mind because my mother is dead. She died of pancreatic cancer. She was 58. I'm going through something right now.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I can't send the picture right now. I'm not in the best state of mind because my mother is dead. She died of pancreatic cancer. She was 58. I'm going through something right now.

What said may be true, but........

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2475640301/? _Detector.jpg[/img]

and

oh_lol_gif.gif
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get why old girl just can't understand what we saying. Nobody said Laura was butt ass ugly but at the same time to supposedly be the baddest chick on the show some of her co stars were CRUSHING her looks wise. Here are a few dark skin 90s TV chicks who crush ANY light skin chick from Family Matters...

4204-3589.gif
    [img]http://esg6rzdhdg9i115s.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/maia_campbell2010-? -red-top-med.jpg[/img]

Hell Thelma from Good Times and that ass was crushing the Family Matters female cast before them other chicks was even in grade school. ..

tumblr_lohiivHBye1qcr1qho1_500.jpg

Just accept the fact we don't like Laura.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What you people said about Laura Winslow was dead wrong. And those pictures that you posted when you said those females in Family Matters looked better than Laura all have one thing in common. THEY ARE ALL LIGHT SKINNED OR MIXED. Those women that you think that's better looking than Laura are light skinned or mixed, so because Laura Winslow is not a light skinned woman, you will dog her out and call her ugly. You self-hating negroes make me sick. So Laura is wrong for being superficial, but it's ok for men to be superficial when it comes to a woman's looks. And for all you lame ass ? that said that what does Steve Urkel see in Laura when he had Myra Monkhouse. To Steve, Laura is the most beautiful woman in the world, but to you ? , she's ugly simply because she doesn't fit the European standard of beauty. This website ALWAYS gravitate towards light skinned or mixed raced women, and you want to know why brown and dark sistas are going outside of their race. Laura is a beautiful woman, and just because she's not light skinned like Maxine, Myra, Aunt Rachel doesn't mean that she's hideous. You ? just don't like Laura because Laura reminded you of the woman that you wanted but turned you down because she thinks that you're lame. It hits TOO close to home. At the end of the day, Laura matured and changed to overlooked the exterior, and married STEVE URKEL! LEAVE LAURA ALONE!!!!!

tumblr_lwg5pmGVcS1qzjix8.gif
    Smh2.gif
    oprah-smh-o.gif
    803616.gif
    image.axd?picture=%2F2013%2F08%2FSmh.gif
    smh.gif
    smh-o.gif
    iymn3a.gif
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    Yes she is

Tatyana-Ali-05.jpg

DCC_JillMJ-purse.jpg

Lisa-Turtle.jpg

Sorry to hear that...I'm here for you, Nicole...We're best friends, remember?...Now...My PM box is open to you...
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options