AJ McCarron's Mom tweets offensive comment about Jameis Winston then deletes it & "apologizes"...

Options
1235»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure AJ ain't racist. But don't get it twisted -- "? " flows more freely in white households than "? " does in black households.

That ? "culture" for crackas in the south.

That ain't even close to true. I know lots of black people down south that never use the term "white people." Cracka is pretty much all they say. You have to understand the history behind the two terms. "? " has always been a way to denigrate blacks. Some use it interchangeably with Black, African American, etc... but most just use it when they want to attack black people. "Cracka" on the other hand comes from "Whipcracker" and is simply something that slaves used to call white people. It's not always used as an offensive term. For a lot of black people especially down south. That's just what white people are called.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AJ not being racist doesn't prove his mother is not
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On some real ? . I know some white people who cant understand what we're saying unless we talk just like them. Just like some of us dont understand the words of a dancehall artist unless you have spent some time around people from the west indies.
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont get it twisted though im not caping for her. Just keeping it 100. She needs to be more responsible with her tweets.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    plocc wrote: »
    On some real ? . I know some white people who cant understand what we're saying unless we talk just like them. Just like some of us dont understand the words of a dancehall artist unless you have spent some time around people from the west indies.

Hell I knew a black girl that didn't really understand slang or black accents. Her parents raised her to speak proper and not use slang.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure AJ ain't racist. But don't get it twisted -- "? " flows more freely in white households than "? " does in black households.

That ? "culture" for crackas in the south America.

fixed. its crazy the ? crackas be doing up here in the north especially parts of boston. There are pletnty co straight white folks up here but there are still pockets and segments of nearly every part of the northeast where i live that still racist as ? and they do it more steathly and slicker than their southern counterparts. Just peep those racist tweets after the bruins were eliminated from the playoffs cause a black player scored in overtime.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    plocc wrote: »

Hell I knew a black girl that didn't really understand slang or black accents. Her parents raised her to speak proper and not use slang.

I will NEVER forget when Hustle & Flow came out and I was messing with this girl who went to Howard. So me, her and a friend of hers go to the movies to see Hustle & Flow. You know the part when DJ buy the lil keyboard in front the strip joint and the old man is like "Come on, ? with me on this. ? with me DJ"....I had to explain to ol girl's friend what the phrase "? with me" meant...dead serious she had no clue what that meant lmao...
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    MrWise wrote: »
    Doesn't AJ have a black ? daughter tho?

Lol... Stop

He actually does lol. 0efefc580d3fe96c82ba41a6e5d6010b.jpg

Wasn't my point but ok
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    AJ not being racist doesn't prove his mother is not

This was my point
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol... Stop

They're just using these ? as props.. or a "just a in case of racist emergency/moment".. so they can say "see I not racist I have a [insert black person here].. so I can't be racist"

• #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His mom has no lips at all. LMAO.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol... Stop

They're just using these ? as props.. or a "just a in case of racist emergency/moment"..

disappointed1.gif
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Lol... Stop

They're just using these ? as props.. or a "just a in case of racist emergency/moment".. so they can say "see I not racist I have a [insert black person here].. so I can't be racist"

In all seriousness, is it ever possible for some whites to be cool with blacks? It seems like every time you see some whites and blacks together, you think there is agenda at play. Now I'm not saying that that isn't the case sometimes. I'm also not saying that a standard friendship between a black person and white person isn't tenuous in some ways. I'm just asking the question.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    All my black friends are my training partners, so we beat the ? out of each other all the time, and then we go get ? on weekends sometimes. We just a bunch of broke misfits having fun, ain't no agenda do it.
  • Inglewood_B
    Options

Lol... Stop

In all seriousness, is it ever possible for some whites to be cool with blacks? It seems like every time you see some whites and blacks together, you think there is agenda at play. Now I'm not saying that that isn't the case sometimes. I'm also not saying that a standard friendship between a black person and white person isn't tenuous in some ways. I'm just asking the question.

I don't think there's an agenda. She probably legit have some love for them both, but whenever white people get mad there's that place they go that's always in the back of their mind. Like an inherent superiority complex that manifests itself with racial undertones. That "? " word comes to easily to em all.

Remember Mel Gibson's rant? What possible reason did he have to go into "pack of ? " territory. All them damn buddy buddy lethal weapon movies with Danny Glover ain't mean ? as soon as some gold diggin ? came into the picture. He mad at her, but we out here catchin the stray bullets.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol... Stop

I don't think there's an agenda. She probably legit have some love for them both, but whenever white people get mad there's that place they go that's always in the back of their mind. Like an inherent superiority complex that manifests itself with racial undertones. That "? " word comes to easily to em all.

Remember Mel Gibson's rant? What possible reason did he have to go into "pack of ? " territory. All them damn buddy buddy lethal weapon movies with Danny Glover ain't mean ? as soon as some gold diggin ? came into the picture. He mad at her, but we out here catchin the stray bullets.

Exactly @ the bold.

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but I tend to be a tad racist (lol) but I have white associates, business partners, coworkers that I don't mind being around at all.

And there are crackas I've come across that I genuinely like and admire. Not to mention the white sports figures that I admire.

But when a cracka does something ? 'ish and I feel some type of way about it -- a Marcus Garvey-Muhammed-Malik-Shabazz-Chuck-D gene in my blood kicks in and I admit that I'm prone to say some hateful ? .

If a white person ever called me out for it -- I wouldn't start naming off all the "white people I like" and ? . I would just shrug and just say "sorry I offended you, but I get like that sometimes." I was in that situation a couple weeks ago with a co-worker. He got offended when I was talmbout Gentrification and honestly, he had a point. And that's exactly what I told him.

So when you get caught - just ? or own up to it. Don't start fronting like you're Jesus just 'cause you took a few pictures with some nikkas.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @greenwood1921 what good points did the hunkie make on gentrification? i would like to know my damn self
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    @greenwood1921 what good points did the hunkie make on gentrification? i would like to know my damn self

Not necessarily about Gentrification but how I was explaining it. It was me and two other non-white employees in a conference room talking about it. I was using "them" and "they" while he was siting on the opposite end of the table. lol

Me and him are actually cool but he was like "what if I was having a convo with two non-black coworkers and referring to blacks as 'them' or 'they' and villifying them for wanting to live in a certain neighborhood."

It was a typical reverse-racism point -- but his main point was how I was just going in on whites right there in his face -- at work. Which was - I admit - wrong and unprofessional. (politics, race, and religion should be avoided at work.) And I know as a department head I was out-of-pocket for doing it.

And I just told him straight up "that's how I feel, but my bad if I offended you." In typical white boy fashion, he shrugged it off and we started talmbout ? . lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Nothing wrong with preferring to be around your own people or thinking that your own are preferable to others. That's natural not racist. Being racist is when you actively mistreat and discriminate against others solely based on their race. It's not racist to talk about something you dislike about what a lot of whites do. The same is true in reverse. Which is why a lot of the ? that people say is racist is ? .

And gentrification is bad for some obvious reasons, but people can't front that a lot of areas are improved through gentrification. An influx of new money into a downtrodden is always good. Black people just have to figure out away to get the money without having to completely give up the community. Sounds crazy, but I bet there is a way. You just need someone up on business and law to figure it out.