Son of Batman (2014) Trailer

Options

Comments

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its an alternate timeline story, not him technically alive. In the main universe he is very much dead.

They need to have a comic where they cross him into the main universe.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    just watched the entire batman beyond on netflix...

terry mcguiness was that ? bruh.....sorry

He got smacked up in that series a lot though lol. Bruce never caught beatdowns like that in the animated series and he didn't have a super suit.
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

word, Batman Beyond was underrated
    Terry+Old Bruce= great duo
    you know Eric from Boy Meets World played the voice of Terry
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

He got smacked up in that series a lot though lol. Bruce never caught beatdowns like that in the animated series and he didn't have a super suit.

Bruce probably did catch some beatdowns when he first started bein Batman most likely
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    its crazy how that Terry Batsuit was like 30yrs old by the time he wore it but ? still got the job done.

and i does that ? have like some type of memory cause Bruce was big compared to Terry but the suit fit both
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DC got this animated ? on lock.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think that a live action movie with damian would totally work.. that ? would have to be rated R to get the full effect of how badass this kid really is.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    after watching kick ass, I think a young child superhero can work. the little kid from Hugo and Ender's game would make a sick Damian.

1820872.jpg
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kept gettin his azzz whooped too many times tho. There's at least 5 episodes where I swear he should've died. Lol
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I gotta see this
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm definitely watching this
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    should be good. all around, the Batman and Son storyline was a little weak. Damian didn't really start being awesome until Batman died. This movie looks like its gonna be a more cohesive story.

And Gus Fring is playing Ras Al Ghul. That alone is worth watching.

Outside of the ending I don't think weak is an adjective I'd personally use to describe Batman and Son even a little. To me at that point it was the first Batman story in years to be creatively exciting and dynamic while pulling no punches. It didn't have the sense of pretentiousness and a writer writing something like a screenplay instead of writing a comic book that stories before it like Face the Face and Broken City had.

It embraced the medium by unapologetically giving us things that are only possible in comic books. For example it had one of my all time favorite quirks from the last decade of Batman comics. The use of pop art to accentuate reactions and actions. Similar to the effects use in the old Batman 60's series.

Like when Bruce sees a bombshell (Jet) and the only thing going through his mind is "wow" because she's a babe.

jet.jpg

Or the "I'm in" that is visible as soon as the Ninja Man-Bats successfully infiltrate the museum. Or the "YIKES" in the background when people are running away from the man-bats completely scared.

manbat0.jpg

Or when the blam appears in the background when he fires his grappling gun

batman_-_man-bats_of_london_v1__656_2006_10_-_page_10.jpg

? was genius and something you could only get from a true lover and master of the medium like Morrison.

On top of that it also had great moments like when Damian tosses the ? 's head with a live grenade taped to it's mouth at Tim Drake (who at that point was just annoying the ? out of me no thanks mostly to Geoff Johns mopey Teen Titans) and then proceeds to whoop his punk ass all over the batcave. Considering how boring Zero Year and Snyder's run has been overall I would ? for stories like that again in the flagship book.

As far as this movie goes I'm glad that it's doing it's own thing altogether. Doesn't look anything like the comic book arc at all in terms of tone and maybe characterization (Talia looks sympathetic and neutral here as opposed to vindictive and conniving like in the comic story) and that's not a bad thing. As a comic book reader I don't really favor adaptations that try to be direct translations cause they never pull it off as good as the comic. I rather they do something that works for the medium they're working with in their own way. As long as they do it creatively and entertaining. It keeps things fresh and gives people like me a reason to even watch it in the first place.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I always wanted to see how damian acted and sounded and now I have the chance. I wonder if tim drake will be in this one. they should do a tim drake robin stand alone dc animated based on the five part origin miniseries with small appearnces from batman nightwing and huntress and give a little more screen time to spoiler(Stephanie brown) as a partner. tim drake is the greatest robin next to ? grayson. this movie is going to be ? because damian was a killer.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

yea he did, that's what made it good to me.....

dude was mad humble...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this dropping same time as Justice League War?
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Batman vs Deathstroke, Im sold. Have them two ? ever crossed paths before before this movie
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    So basically this is the Red Hood animated flick (which was GOAT) but with small changes?

DC stay getting over.

How you figure this?
  • Copper
    Options
    Yeah Slade tuned Bruce up in the comic
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Left bats slumped
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It be dope if they put him as a villain in the reboot but they prolly won't even consider it.
  • Copper
    Options
    Scott Adkins as slade
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options