Justice League: WAR Trailer (New DC Animated Film)

Options

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There a new Batman Animated Flick based on Batman & Son Graphic Novel about Damian coming out
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Batman is that ? the GOAT

Cyborg finally gets some shine he deserves

Green Lantern was alil to flash like

Good movie

why couldnt the Prez be Obama tho or something they had and go make him white
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Story at least in Comics takes place 10 years ago
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There wasn't much of a story but this ? was mad entertainin'

This was a common complaint of the comic arc too. Barebones plot.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where is Aqua Man???
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'm not super familiar with Green Lantern, but is Hal Jordan acting like Guy Gardener some New 52 ? ? He was a total ? in this movie.

Haven't watched this movie but Hal Jordan's been cocky, stubborn and brash since the 60's. This is why they always paired him with The Flash and Green Arrow during the silver and bronze age of comic books; because they provided a great contrast to his personality. With Flash being a lot more level headed and Green Arrow being very opinionated.
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Story at least in Comics takes place 10 years ago

5 years ago.
    where is Aqua Man???

They replaced him with Captain Marvel (Shazam). Kinda stupid since they don't serve the same purpose so they're not really nterchangeable. He'll be getting his own DTV based on an Aquaman centric Justice League story (Throne of Atlantis) pretty soon.

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This also stealth dropped this week, anyone got a link?

trappedintime-f12e6.jpg
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    well damn i want to see this now
  • Broddie
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    This also stealth dropped this week, anyone got a link?

trappedintime-f12e6.jpg

Everytime the Adventures adjective is added to a DC IP it means it's an all ages product. Justice League Adventures for example was a comic book based on the Justice League animated series ran by Bruce Timm. Batman Adventures was based on Batman The Animated Series and Superman Adventures was an ongoing comic based on Superman The Animated series.

Meaning don't expect it to be anything like Justice League: War or Flashpoint Paradox or any other PG-13 animated DC flick. It's an all ages joint so it's much more kid friendly. Doesn't mean it can't be good in it's own right though just clarifying so that people don't go into that with unrealistic expectations.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Watched War yesterday, damn...DC keeps topping themselves. It available for rent early on XBOX Video.

Not sure why everyone is saying Bats was that dude. Superman gave him that work, which was nice to see for a change. Bruce had to fall back hard in this one and have that talk with Lateran about how to play yo position.

Darkseid was dope, Sups and Wonder Woman went the ? in tho.

Cyborg was finally not lame.

But they did everybody justice.

One of the best DC animated movies ever.

Oh, about Aquaman. If you stay after the credits, an Atlantean ship emerges from the ocean and Ocean Master appears carrying a dead body, said to be his King. Seeing the corpses of various sea life affected from Darkseid’s attack; he swears that it is an act of war, and the surface-dwellers will pay.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman was playing his part but WW stole the show. She was ? ? up

DC doesn't ever have to be good at the box office as long as they keep cranking these animations out.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    Bats was that dude cause he was calling them shots it was his first time meeting Superman so course he was going to get that work but the way he stop Superman in his tracks when he straight up called him "Clark" was ill
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought Wonder Woman had a thing for Batman. Now its Supes?
  • Broddie
    edited January 2014
    Options
    lion_heart wrote: »

This is the only problems with adaptations. People take them as gospel when in reality they are just their own self contained continuity independent of the comic books.

You think Wonder Woman and Batman had a thing because of the Justice League TV series. But that dynamic doesn't exist in the comic books. In the comic books Batman is only shipped with the likes of Catwoman and Talia Al Ghul, Sasha Bordeaux, Vicki Vale, Julie Madison not Wonder Woman.

While Superman and Wonder Woman have been a thing in several comic books for many years including the 1990's alternate future Kingdom Come. On top of that in the current comics Superman and Wonder Woman are an item. They even have their own comic book series that they headline together.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    another thing i dont be getting is how is Superman and Batman are suppose to be around the same height and weight (6'3/6'2 and 225ish/215ish) but Superman makes him and all the other male Superheros look small as hell
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    lion_heart wrote: »

This is the only problems with adaptations. People take them as gospel when in reality they are just their own self contained continuity independent of the comic books.

You think Wonder Woman and Batman had a thing because of the Justice League TV series. But that dynamic doesn't exist in the comic books. In the comic books Batman is only shipped with the likes of Catwoman and Talia Al Ghul, Sasha Bordeaux, Vicki Vale, Julie Madison not Wonder Woman.

While Superman and Wonder Woman have been a thing in several comic books for many years including the 1990's alternate future Kingdom Come. On top of that in the current comics Superman and Wonder Woman are an item. They even have their own comic book series that they headline together.

Oh okay yeah I'm going off of the Justice League show. Never really followed the comics but I did see they have a new comic book series Superman and Wonder Woman going on right now.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just dl'd both films
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    The kiddie one was decent
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just watched it, pretty dope. I think it ranks right after flashpoint paradox. I hope they make another one and bring aquaman into the story.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DC should make a justice league vs masters of the universe anime
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was dope. Everybody did they thing. WW was doin work.

c/s on that president ?

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    DC should make a justice league vs masters of the universe anime

guess they could since DC owns He Man now. Always thought he wouldve made a cool dlc character in the Injustice game. Better than ? Scorpion.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sure as hell better than killer frost
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Wonder Woman was wrecking ? in this movie. Dope. Looking forward to Son of Batman
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    After seeing this I would like to see Cyborg in the live action Justice League film but thats wishful thinking.

"Victory Victory"

WW was putting in work, I now its just a cartoon and shouldn't compare but I couldn't help but think while watching this "how is Gadot gonna pull this off" this movie sorta raised the bar for her.

And co-sign on OBAMA it would of been cool to see him honor the Justice league at the end and we would of had a animated michelle since the first lady was on the plane. I don't think Obama was face to face wit Justice league in flashpoint.....dope and funny movie overall.... I didn't catch it the first time when green lantern called dibs on WW